Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 11:25:02 AM EDT
http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20160523/phelps-man-stands-trial-for-series-of-gun-charges

Oh figures, he's a convicted felon.  

But guns weren't his, they were his wifes.  But they apparently didn't charge his wife for the SAFE violations, they're charging him.

DA says it's all about broken laws, not if you agree with the law.

Oddly, no mention that he is charged with anything concerning being a felon with a gun, he was charged with SAFE violations.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Its about breaking NYS law? Just stepping out your front door is breaking some fucking law in this state.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't blame the cops though, they were just following orders and doing their jobs. So much for "we're on your side, we would never arrest you for just safe act violations in your home."

Collaborators.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't blame the cops though, they were just following orders and doing their jobs. So much for "we're on your side, we would never arrest you for just safe act violations in your home."

Collaborators.
View Quote

Nuremberg again?

While not often, there have been times at my job I have refused to follow orders.  

The DA seems to be the greatest problem here.

Don't get me wrong- the subject is not somebody I'd care to know.   However, an unconstitutional law is unconstitutional for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Jury nullification.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nuremberg again?

While not often, there have been times at my job I have refused to follow orders.  

Don't get me wrong- the subject is not somebody I'd care to know.   However, an unconstitutional law is unconstitutional for everyone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Collaborators.

Nuremberg again?

what county ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nuremberg again?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Collaborators.

Nuremberg again?

Well that's how you tell the collaborators from the good people in an occupied state/country. The collaborators just follow orders, and the good people stand up for what's right.

There seems to never be a shortage of state police troopers to make these safe act arrests. I think it's the haircuts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20160523/phelps-man-stands-trial-for-series-of-gun-charges

But guns weren't his, they were his wifes.  But they apparently didn't charge his wife for the SAFE violations, they're charging him.

Oddly, no mention that he is charged with anything concerning being a felon with a gun, he was charged with SAFE violations.
View Quote

Yeah .... I had to read the article more than once but, he was charged with SAFE act violations
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah .... I had to read the article more than once but, he was charged with SAFE act violations
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a lot more to this than in the paper for sure,,

Why i asked what county it was in..   Dutchess county Da's office is very detailed before charging someone.

They are not charging under the 7 round rule for sure or now the lack of it  

Semi auto pistol stolen from down south about 7 years ago that was loaded with more than 7 rounds. The person was charged with criminal possession in the 3rd degree since it was in his car.  Well tossed out during a stop.

The weapon  was sent out verify it actually a operating weapon . Which it did fire as designed.  

The person was not charged with stolen property which surprised me but was told due to the age of the theft of weapon nor with more than 7 rounds ammo in the mag.

I didn't hear any AW causes wanted to see what the DA would charge be on them but case never came up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

what county ?
View Quote

Ontario
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Lots more information   http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20160524/firearms-introduced-into-evidence-in-gun-trial

Charged with SAFE for an SKS....I thought SKS were a-OK as being non-detachable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Lots more information   http://www.mpnnow.com/news/20160524/firearms-introduced-into-evidence-in-gun-trial

Charged with SAFE for an SKS....I thought SKS were a-OK as being non-detachable.
View Quote

Seriously how can they charge for an sks?   Wtf?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Court documents show that Bennett’s felony status stems from his September 2004 conviction on four drug charges, including two counts of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a class B felony. Bennett was sentenced to two to six years in prison for the drug charges.
View Quote

Felon in possession.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on whether the SKS had the latch that allows for detachable magazines or the original fixed mag version. There were a lot of SKSes out there that had the full modern collapsible stock and pistol grip treatment as well.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Depends on whether the SKS had the latch that allows for detachable magazines or the original fixed mag version. There were a lot of SKSes out there that had the full modern collapsible stock and pistol grip treatment as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and they do sell 30 round duck bills too.. So that could be why..
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Felon in possession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Court documents show that Bennett’s felony status stems from his September 2004 conviction on four drug charges, including two counts of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance, a class B felony. Bennett was sentenced to two to six years in prison for the drug charges.

Felon in possession.

Dealing NARCOTICS, not the case to make a stand on.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Felon in possession.

While not a poster child for gun owners, a UnSafe Act conviction would still be a precedent that can be followed by other Courts.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

While not a poster child for gun owners, a UnSafe Act conviction would still be a precedent that can be followed by other Courts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Felon in possession.

He would have been charged under the old laws also, media hyping the SafeAct does not make it a SafeAct prosecution. This is akin to the state saying there were 6,000 SafeAct arrests thus far when all of them would have been made under the old statutes. It's a ra-ra for the Princess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top