Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2016 9:01:36 AM EDT
A family member asked me and I said I'd find out.  Living right close to the capital, they were wondering if there were any special Albany, capital, gun free laws they might be potentially running afoul of?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't the city also trying to institute a storage law?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it has an AWB, though it is less draconian than Safe, it's like the earlier fed law.

So, does State trump municipal law?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't even think they are semi auto so there should be no worries.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it has an AWB, though it is less draconian than Safe, it's like the earlier fed law.

View Quote

Huh??

How does the Capitol region of of NY NOT have to abide by the SAFE act?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Huh??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh??

Does the elected officials every abide by the law.. They are above the law.. That is only for the serfs to follow.. not the elite.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Of ccourse I know state law would preevail, guess my question is moree of enforcement.

Laws are enforced irregularly in Albany, depends on who you are or, who you know.

However, a number of years ago when the Albany City instituted it's own AWB, they grandfathered in already owned rifles, if you registered and we're issued a document of some sort.

So, in this regards, where would these municipally registered AW's stand in regards to safe?

I imagine, they would be treated like any others.

All these fucking hoops and such BS.

Makes one not give a rats ass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top