Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/12/2016 9:25:56 AM EDT
I saw a fundraising page for her that popped up in my fb feed.  Apparently, her boyfriend was pulled over for being a suspected drug dealer and the police used a technicality to search the car (thus finding the rifle).  Now she is sitting in jail for possessing a rifle that was perfectly legal to own prior to FUAC's un-SAFE Act.

Anyone have links to a news story or more info?  Here is the fundraising page link.

ETA: Gia ran for State Senate in the 62nd.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]
They need to post some links to facts to get some real support.  So it looks like the cops are on the peasants side when it comes to the safe act.  Now we have the answer to the late rifle registration question, the grace period is over. According to these guys you're going straight to jail when you have a normal rifle  NY state "Open for Business"
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, zero links to anything except this.  Usually, there is more to any story, but I can't find anything.  Kind of surprising since she ran for State Senate.

At face value, it's a pretty outrageous story.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to know how they forgot they had a noncompliant rifle in their car while on their way to dinner?

And if they did not know about the law I thought you were supposed to get 30 days to register? Of course I'm sure you have to prove in some way that you did not know about the law. How you would prove that you have no knowledge of the new law aside from just saying "I did not know"?

It even states that in the safe act web sight so as far as I'm concerned all you would have to say is that you didn't have any knowledge of the law and therefore would be given 30 days to sell out-of-state or register the rifle.

Everything does sound a little fishy on this one and I would like to hear the full story.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Some background on her run for office:
http://nypost.com/2014/08/13/senate-candidate-quits-race-citing-extramarital-affair/

According to this HuffPo ragsite ( http://www.ravishly.com/2014/08/14/gia-arnold-senate-new-york-cheating-infidelity ):
"Gia Arnold may have been on the path to something amazing. At the ripe young age of 24, she was already a mother of three and a Republican candidate for the 62nd district in the New York State Senate. Despite her conservative background, she was unafraid to break from the party line with her liberal social leanings, including support for gay marriage and marijuana legalization (emphasis added). Education was one of her main platforms (three words: Common Core outrage) and her campaign was impressively grassroots; she managed to rake in endorsements from both the New York Tea Party and New York Libertarian Party."

She would appear to be a complex individual. I hope she gets everything worked out. We love to kick the shit out of the old phrase, "It's for the kids." In this case, I really do hope she works it out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Which police agency/ district attorney's office is involved in this?  I don't see how refusing to answer questions = OGA charge.  Seems like fruits of a poisonous tree if that charge yielded the discovery of the rifle.

I'd love to see the incident report written by the arresting officer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd love to see the incident report lies written by the arresting officer.
View Quote

FIFY.

Maybe somebody should go have a person-to-person talk with him.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did she have an extramarital affair or a one night stand?  The article says both, but to me an affair is an ongoing thing.  I should ask some of my clients for their opinions.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did she have an extramarital affair or a one night stand?  The article says both, but to me an affair is an ongoing thing.  I should ask some of my clients for their opinions.

I was wondering if the guy she had the "affair" with is the same guy involved in the incident. Not that it matters. My guess is the whole "legalize marijuana" thing put her (and possibly boyfriend) on the radar (if it's even true). Was he known to police? Was she? As a previous poster mentioned, did someone drop dime on her?

I'm not justifying any unjust acts by the police, mind you. Not a lot to go on, but just enough to banter about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Only thing I could find other than the Facebook forward by SCOPE.....http://www.wkbw.com/news/police-blotter/one-time-candidate-for-nys-senate-arrested-over-assault-weapon
OH SCARY! Other than the EBR, they found a K-BAR COMBAT KNIFE and a black assualt baby killing SKI MASK! (not that it's winter or anything...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought the cops collaborators were on our side.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I highly doubt many in Niagara Falls are........

........but hey, paint the broad brush.......I'm a cop so is 41magluva.......so we must be a collaborator
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

........but hey, paint the broad brush.......I'm a cop so is 41magluva.......so we must be a collaborator
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you didn't make such an arrest, and wouldn't, then clearly you're not. But in my experience, police tend to be somewhat tribal, supporting each other when perhaps they shouldn't be.

So I'd like to hear it from you, as a cop and a human being...are the police officers who made the above mentioned arrest collaborator scum or aren't they?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you didn't make such an arrest, and wouldn't, then clearly you're not. But in my experience, police tend to be somewhat tribal, supporting each other when perhaps they shouldn't be.

So I'd like to hear it from you, as a cop and a human being...are the police officers who made the above mentioned arrest collaborator scum or aren't they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds to me like they took the trash out, based on more and more information coming out in the GD thread on this
Niagara Falls is a crime ridden town.
One of my PMT guys from my first year overseas made it home only to get shot a few months later.
If she's hanging out with trash like him, it reflects highly on what sort of character she has, or lack thereof
No tears shed here
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#14]
She did a lot for the cause, speaking out at rallies with her kid strapped to her back. At least she was out there trying to put a face on the gun rights-movement that wasn't of white, middle-aged men dressed in camo.

The guy she was with has all the appearances of a gangbanger from his FB page, and that's unfortunate.

But, the fact remains the charges are due to her possessing a piece of plastic and metal that is legal in most of the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:18:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sounds to me like they took the trash out, based on more and more information coming out in the GD thread on this
One of my PMT guys from my first year overseas made it home only to get shot a few months later.
If she's hanging out with trash like him, it reflects highly on what sort of character she has, or lack thereof
No tears shed here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No tears shed here

So sorry but it seems to me the the criminal justice system is a plague. It's not about helping people anymore, it's about just how bad you can hurt people.
Don't get pissed off it's just what I see, look at everything that has been happening lately, you don't get charged with one offense anymore it's
a motherfucking dogpile list of bullshit charges. (which is a democrat tactic of throw enough shit against the wall some of it is sure to stick) It really burns
me to see people hurt by a bag of shit politician who has absolutely not a clue pass a law that was written in a manner to hurt, I don't believe he ever had
anyone's interest at heart but his own FUCK YOU Quomo!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So sorry but it seems to me the the criminal justice system is a plague. It's not about helping people anymore, it's about just how bad you can hurt people.
Don't get pissed off it's just what I see, look at everything that has been happening lately, you don't get charged with one offense anymore it's
a motherfucking dogpile list of bullshit charges. (which is a democrat tactic of throw enough shit against the wall some of it is sure to stick) It really burns
me to see people hurt by a bag of shit politician who has absolutely not a clue pass a law that was written in a manner to hurt, I don't believe he ever had
View Quote

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
In most cases those people are lost causes with a laundry list of offenses dating back to their juvenile years, and they are the fruit of multi-generational offenders
You want me to help them?
There's no helping them.
I care about helping victims.
Officers charge whatever charges apply to a given incident; it then becomes the job of the DA, representing the People, to decide which of those charges to focus on and which to barter away.
If you have a concern as a citizen about laws being passed, by all means get involved.
I would much rather have an involved citizenry than a complacent one.
It makes for a healthier nation when it's citizens are actively involved in the process.
Just don't be surprised to find that many of those actively involved hold views diametrically opposite of your own, with different goals on what laws they want to see on the books.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
In most cases those people are lost causes with a laundry list of offenses dating back to their juvenile years, and they are the fruit of multi-generational offenders
There's no helping them.
Officers charge whatever charges apply to a given incident; it then becomes the job of the DA, representing the People, to decide which of those charges to focus on and which to barter away.
If you have a concern as a citizen about laws being passed, by all means get involved.
It makes for a healthier nation when it's citizens are actively involved in the process.
Just don't be surprised to find that many of those actively involved hold views diametrically opposite of your own, with different goals on what laws they want to see on the books.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
There's no helping them.

See there you go getting pissed off, like I said. You take shit too personally, laws are bullshit, if your not hurting anyone it shouldn't be criminal. I don't care about legality it doesn't work, it hasn't worked
for many years now I'm not shitting on you I don't even know you but I despise your profession--people need to learn to take care of themselves. There is no good or bad only right and wrong.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
There's no helping them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
There's no helping them.

Who's views?  The majority of counties in NY that passed resolutions calling for the repeal of the SAFE Act?  The NY Sheriff's Assn who wrote a letter calling for its repeal?  Or maybe you're talking about the estimated 950,000 gun owners who did not register their lawfully-owned property?  Well, it 'was' lawful prior to Cuomo's SAFE Act, the one passed through the Legislature by (now) convicted felons Silver and Skelos.

I don't pretend to know what Gia Arnold is all about these days or if her boyfriend is a known drug dealer or not.  All I know (source: online arrest record) is that she was charged with one single crime: possessing a rifle that was perfectly legal to own in this state prior to un-SAFE.  LEO's use discretion every day; this doesn't appear to be one of them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

See there you go getting pissed off, like I said. You take shit too personally, laws are bullshit, if your not hurting anyone it shouldn't be criminal. I don't care about legality it doesn't work, it hasn't worked
for many years now I'm not shitting on you I don't even know you but I despise your profession--people need to learn to take care of themselves. There is no good or bad only right and wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

How do you know if I was pissed off?
Very little pisses me off
If you read anger in my post, that's on you.
As for the rest of your comments, we could discuss it further but it would be a major hijack of the thread.
Quoted:

Who's views?  The majority of counties in NY that passed resolutions calling for the repeal of the SAFE Act?  The NY Sheriff's Assn who wrote a letter calling for its repeal?  Or maybe you're talking about the estimated 950,000 gun owners who did not register their lawfully-owned property?  Well, it 'was' lawful prior to Cuomo's SAFE Act, the one passed through the Legislature by (now) convicted felons Silver and Skelos.

I don't pretend to know what Gia Arnold is all about these days or if her boyfriend is a known drug dealer or not.  All I know (source: online arrest record) is that she was charged with one single crime: possessing a rifle that was perfectly legal to own in this state prior to un-SAFE.  LEO's use discretion every day; this doesn't appear to be one of them.

Everyones views.
Society is comprised of people with wildly divergent views on any topic.
I was just pointing out that if you get involved in issues, don't be surprised when you run into people whose views are 180 degrees off from yours, people who believe as strongly in their stance as you do in yours and who feel that their position is as valid as you think yours is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
There's no helping them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
There's no helping them.

Who is the victim in the case at hand that required the help of the police?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not here to criticize Arnold for ignoring a law that hundreds of thousands also ignore.  But it seems her associating with someone who presents an appearance of a gangsta criminal is foolish on many levels.  Regardless of the interracial relationship, his display of drug use and thug life attitude, is akin to inviting the man into your life.  18 years old driving around with a pistol...and yeah, ski masks aren't illegal, but I live where it gets cold and snowy too...nobody fucking wears a ski mask except robbers.

Lots of bad choices being made by these two...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

In this case there was no immediate "victim"
Whether or not you agree with the law in question, it's a law that's on the books that has thus far survived judicial review.
Doesn't change the fact that the people in the car are of questionable character completely outside of any legal issues they had with the weapons charge.
Some people in the two current threads on this incident seem to want to paint her and the guy to be people who were completely innocent of anything and simply picked on by the police when it doesn't appear that way to me at all.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whether or not you agree with the law in question, it's a law that's on the books that has thus far survived judicial review.
Doesn't change the fact that the people in the car are of questionable character completely outside of any legal issues they had with the weapons charge.
Some people in the two current threads on this incident seem to want to paint her and the guy to be people who were completely innocent of anything and simply picked on by the police when it doesn't appear that way to me at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the more reason to disobey. There was a time when I took and carried out orders, now I make my own I sincerely suggest you do the same.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Everything in this story is a huge pile of steaming shit.  FUAC.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cops in here!!!!!????  And no one got arrested yet??  

Goes to show you, the good ones do exist.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Everything in this story is a huge pile of steaming shit.  FUAC.
View Quote

Scumbag Cuomo is a steaming pile of shit
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All the more reason to disobey. There was a time when I took and carried out orders, now I make my own I sincerely suggest you do the same.
View Quote

I used to buy that argument that some make here  if there was no immediate victim that no crime has been committed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Lots of bad choices being made by these two...
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing.  Her record on good decisions the last few years is not good.  She is 26 with three kids, a wrecked marriage and hanging around with someone who draws the wrong kind of attention.  About time she grew up and straightened out.

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Thought so.

The usual spiel about how you don't make the laws, you are just following orders, and if we don't like it, we should take it up with the politicians (really? in this state??).

I didn't expect justifying a safe act arrest because the person was no good anyway. That's...unexpected, and a new low.

I suggest that those people who think the cops, any cops, are on "our" side, think twice.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Thought so.

The usual spiel about how you don't make the laws, you are just following orders, and if we don't like it, we should take it up with the politicians (really? in this state??).

I didn't expect justifying a safe act arrest because the person was no good anyway. That's...unexpected, and a new low.

I suggest that those people who think the cops, any cops, are on "our" side, think twice.
View Quote

If you are referring to what I typed, then you misunderstood me.  I never tried to justify the safe act charge.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you are referring to what I typed, then you misunderstood me.  I never tried to justify the safe act charge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thought so.

It was both of you, but I'm glad I misunderstood it in your case (hopefully in TC's case too).

I'd still like to hear you say it...those cops, who tacked on the safe act charge, or any cops who make a safe act arrest...collaborator scum?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I used to buy that argument that some make here  if there was no immediate victim that no crime has been committed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter there is no victim, so there is no crime. Facts are facts until someone does something to someone else there is no crime. But I might just as well beat my skull against a brick wall I'm fairly certain there's no changing your mind...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter there is no victim, so there is no crime. Facts are facts until someone does something to someone else there is no crime. But I might just as well beat my skull against a brick wall I'm fairly certain there's no changing your mind...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll have to disagree

Quoted:

It was both of you, but I'm glad I misunderstood it in your case (hopefully in TC's case too).

I'd still like to hear you say it...those cops, who tacked on the safe act charge, or any cops who make a safe act arrest...collaborator scum?

My comments were pretty clear
As for charging or not charging, we charge what is appropriate and let the court and the DA decide how to proceed.
I get it that most of us here don't like SAFE

For that matter, we have no idea if the AR in question was exempt from the old state ban.
You guys keep harping that it would have been legal before SAFE
We have no idea about that.
I have yet to see a photo of the rifle in question, but I bet it wasn't in the old "post ban" configuration.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't care if it was legal before the old state ban. The old state ban was bullshit. All gun laws, other than "don't hurt or menace people with your guns (with obvious exceptions)" are bullshit.

There is some variation in what most of us here believe (e.g. some of us believe felons shouldn't be allowed to have guns, some of us believe that if you've served your time, then you should have your rights restored). But even with those differences, most of us believe that the Sullivan Act, the Safe Act and many other NYS gun laws are total shit and that the people who passed them and support and defend them are our enemies in a political  sense (and, perhaps, for some of us, in a broader sense too).

So if you are the sort of person who would arrest someone for possession of an "illegal" gun when that person was doing nothing (else) wrong, then you're cooperating with those who many of us here consider the "enemy."

That begs a question....would you arrest someone for possession of an unlicensed pistol that you saw on the seat during a traffic stop, or for a non-compliant AR with some 30 rounds magazines? Ruin that person's life when a few miles east, in Vermont, that person would be totally free to have such a weapon? Destroy his or her life, just because some asshole politicians passed some racist law in the early 20th century or some idiotic laws in 2000 and 2013 and you have to follow your orders?

If so, you're a collaborator. That's what collaborator means. Someone who cooperates with (and perhaps serves) the enemy.

So are you collaborator or not?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't care if it was legal before the old state ban. The old state ban was bullshit. All gun laws, other than "don't hurt or menace people with your guns (with obvious exceptions)" are bullshit.

There is some variation in what most of us here believe (e.g. some of us believe felons shouldn't be allowed to have guns, some of us believe that if you've served your time, then you should have your rights restored). But even with those differences, most of us believe that the Sullivan Act, the Safe Act and many other NYS gun laws are total shit and that the people who passed them and support and defend them are our enemies in a political  sense (and, perhaps, for some of us, in a broader sense too).

So if you are the sort of person who would arrest someone for possession of an "illegal" gun when that person was doing nothing (else) wrong, then you're cooperating with those who many of us here consider the "enemy."

That begs a question....would you arrest someone for possession of an unlicensed pistol that you saw on the seat during a traffic stop, or for a non-compliant AR with some 30 rounds magazines? Ruin that person's life when a few miles east, in Vermont, that person would be totally free to have such a weapon? Destroy his or her life, just because some asshole politicians passed some racist law in the early 20th century or some idiotic laws in 2000 and 2013 and you have to follow your orders?

If so, you're a collaborator. That's what collaborator means. Someone who cooperates with (and perhaps serves) the enemy.

View Quote

The definition of a law-abiding gun owner is someone who follows the laws, even those  we disagree with.
The time to fight a law is before its passed, or in the courts after it is passed
If you feel better throwing around loaded terms like collaborator, knock yourself out

You're about a century too late to complain about the Sullivan law. We're stuck with it, and Downstates lock on the state gov't means it isn't going anywhere
The only option for NYS, barring some last minute court decision that strikes these laws down, is to leave.
Which is what I intend to do some day.

There are many cases where we find someone with unregistered handguns, and generally we try to take one of the alternatives rather than arresting the person if we can justify it
Just the other day as an FFL I handled getting a guys guns back to him after he got himself arrested locally a few years ago with an unregistered handgun.
Some people...there's simply no alternative but to arrest them.
That's how life works sometime.

I get it that you think most gun laws are unneeded. We'll just have to disagree.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Niagara Falls NY is like Mogadishu......it is a 3rd word Detroit-Lite shithole.......the only good part is the State Park......go 300 feet outside of the State Park and you are in the hood........it would not surprise me if 85% of the cops In NFPD support the unSafe Act and would arrest anybody in heartbeat for possessing an EBR......the demographics are Democrat Cumo supporters......so this doesn't surprise me one bit.......they probably were pleased.

From what I have heard.......she associated with a gangbanger shitbag......and was in the wrong place at the wrong time......guilt by association per se.  This is typical of what and where you would expect the unSafe act laws to be rigorously enforced......no surprise here from that.  

Im privy to another recent Unsafe act arrest in the shithole of Buffalo......2 heroin junkies looking to rob a dealer got busted with heroin......had an ar15 and ski masks in their car.......both got charged with Safe act charges for simply possessing the rifle, didn't even get a chance to pull off their robbery.  The one junkie OD'd and died in my jurisdiction the next day.......I was there......real shitbag with quite the history of burglaries and larcenies to feed their habit ......oh well one less shitbag.

I and many of my officers have had encounters with people with firearms that would put them in violation of the Unsafe act.......and we didn't do anything to them.......YMMV on the demographics of where you live......and that is going to be directly proportional to the demographics of the cops as well.......

I can't and won't speak for ALL LEOs .......some are very disgruntled with the law, some are impartial, and some support it ........my best advice is be careful who you trust because you don't know who you will get.  But I can say that in my neck of the woods the vast majority hate the law and won't enforce it unless we are left no choice.....like if your a shitbag and you rob a 7-11, burglarize a home, etc......you'll get charged.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The definition of a law-abiding gun owner is someone who follows the laws, even those  we disagree with.
The time to fight a law is before its passed, or in the courts after it is passed

If you feel better throwing around loaded terms like collaborator, knock yourself out

You're about a century too late to complain about the Sullivan law. We're stuck with it, and Downstates lock on the state gov't means it isn't going anywhere
The only option for NYS, barring some last minute court decision that strikes these laws down, is to leave.

There are many cases where we find someone with unregistered handguns, and generally we try to take one of the alternatives rather than arresting the person if we can justify it
Just the other day as an FFL I handled getting a guys guns back to him after he got himself arrested locally a few years ago with an unregistered handgun.

I get it that you think most gun laws are unneeded. We'll just have to disagree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is complete bullshit, so a bunch of assholes pass laws that I don't agree with but yet I am supposed to follow them? Seriously FUCK that. I am a citizen, I am not a subject, not a robot I can and do think for myself.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is complete bullshit, so a bunch of assholes pass laws that I don't agree with but yet I am supposed to follow them? Seriously FUCK that. I am a citizen, I am not a subject, not a robot I can and do think for myself.
View Quote

Then the flip side of the equation comes into play
You understand that for breaking the law there are legal consequences if you are caught.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You understand that for breaking the law there are legal consequences if you are caught.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup steal my freedom cos some guy over there doesn't like guns, that's not freedom more like Fascism...
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup steal my freedom cos some guy over there doesn't like guns, that's not freedom more like Fascism...
View Quote

That's called living in a society that abides by the rule of law.
You agree to abide by the rules or break them knowing there will be legal consequences.
You will never live in a society where you agree with 100% of all of the laws on the books.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#41]
If we actually were a society governed by the rule of law, states like NY, and cities like NYC, would not be able to get away with blatantly violating the highest law of the land by stacking kangaroo courts that side with whatever unconstitutional bullshit their leaders feel like passing.  

What we are is a society governed by career parasites who operate under the color of law and erode our liberties to advance their own agendas.

I accept it, I have little choice, but I am not content, and I do not collaborate.

Your choices are, of course, yours.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You agree to abide by the rules or break them knowing there will be legal consequences.
You will never live in a society where you agree with 100% of all of the laws on the books.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oi, this old chestnut again....

So let me ask you this....there are states and locales that still have sodomy laws in the books. Am I to understand that if you happened to live in such an area, you would not ever enjoy a little oral favor from your significant other? And if you did you would dutifully turn yourself in? Afterall, we live in a society that abides by the rule of law.

Also, have you ever heard the statement "an unjust law is no law at all"?

Wish I could have seen ol' TC around in the 1850's...catching all those underground railroad escapees and sending their asses back to their masters....hey, you don't like the law, change it until then, the law is the law. Now put these chains on...
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Segregation was legal.
Apartheid was legal.
Slavery was legal.
Internment was legal.
The Holocaust was legal.

I'm gonna jump way out on a limb and hypothesize that your solution for these complex issues would have been to "vote harder"...Amirite?
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So let me ask you this....there are states and locales that still have sodomy laws in the books. Am I to understand that if you happened to live in such an area, you would not ever enjoy a little oral favor from your significant other? And if you did you would dutifully turn yourself in? Afterall, we live in a society that abides by the rule of law.

Wish I could have seen ol' TC around in the 1850's...catching all those underground railroad escapees and sending their asses back to their masters....hey, you don't like the law, change it until then, the law is the law. Now put these chains on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, this old chestnut again...because its true
We either live in a society of laws or we live in a state of anarchy
There's not much in-between. maybe some form of society where graft is common and the laws go unenforced.
I don't care to live in such a society in the long run.
It doesn't indicate a healthy society, more of a third world place

Tell me anywhere in the US where they're still enforcing sodomy laws.
Even the states that still had them were getting laughed at just a few years ago for laws that banned stuff like sex toys went and got them dropped.
I wouldn't live in such a place

I love how everyone here loves to paint themselves as modern abolitionists
I think the truth would be that more than a few of you back in that day would have been the guys capturing the runaways.
Just my personal suspicion.

Quoted:

Segregation was legal.
Apartheid was legal.
Slavery was legal.
Internment was legal.
The Holocaust was legal.

I'm gonna jump way out on a limb and hypothesize that your solution for these complex issues would have been to "vote harder"...Amirite?

That's the answer in any society where you disagree with the laws on the books
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Rule of law
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Rule of law
View Quote

I'll second that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'll second that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rule of law

I'll second that.

Aye
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Aye
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rule of law

I'll second that.

Aye

Fuck I guess I'm 4th
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
There's no helping them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Helping people?
What people?
The defendant?
There's no helping them.

The longer one observes, the more these statements reveil themselves to be the truth.
The Media will often twist and turn to incite the reader, in return attracting others as well as retaining the original reader. Remember: the way for them to make money is advertisement, which demands viewers.
I hate to see anyone jammed up over a gun charge, especially one that amounts to utter bullshit over something legal in 40+ other Union States, but some have got it coming to them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:16:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I hate to see anyone jammed up over a gun charge, especially one that amounts to utter bullshit over something legal in 40+ other Union States, but some have got it coming to them.
View Quote

Do you even realize you're trying to justify arresting people on safe act violations? Like...do you know you're doing it, or does it just come so naturally you're even aware of it anymore?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top