Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2016 2:08:40 AM EDT
Sorry this has been covered before...

Shotguns with tubular magazines up to 10+1 rounds (or twin tubes up to 10+10+1) are legal if not semi, 7+1 (or, hypothetically, 7+7+1) if semi.

The Aguilla minishells are legal.

But if you combine the mini shells with many shotguns, you get more than 10 rounds of capacity.

As far as I can recall, someone at the State Police said that that was fine because the shotgun is not chambered for these mini-shells.

However...let's say you want to own both a shotgun and some minishells.

At what point are you breaking the law? Just owning both the shotgun and the minishells? Or only when you load the minishells into the shotgun, exceeding a 10 or 7 round capacity?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I have always wanted some mini shells.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
They are fun but a joke... They will tumble in the chamber when you feed them. Shot them many, many times at the skeet range. Really need to lead those targets. Go ahead and buy a box but I know you will only get jams. They are a single drop in feed only.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are fun but a joke... They will tumble in the chamber when you feed them. Shot them many, many times at the skeet range. Really need to lead those targets. Go ahead and buy a box but I know you will only get jams. They are a single drop in feed only.
View Quote
Yep, they definitely don't work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSDdn3cYIfc

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The same issue could be said for .22lr vs .22 shorts. I have an old Remington 550-1 that you can load shorts and lr one after the other and still shoot semi-auto. It holds 15 lr rounds or 22 shorts.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I ran a bunch through my ksg, never had a problem.  Who knows.

ETA:  if you get stopped and questioned, just take of your shirt and run away screaming inconsistent phrases.  Then you can use the insanity plea.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
So.... what if I have a 50 beowolf upper and want a ... ahem... TEN ROUND magazine for it.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The same issue could be said for .22lr vs .22 shorts. I have an old Remington 550-1 that you can load shorts and lr one after the other and still shoot semi-auto. It holds 15 lr rounds or 22 shorts.
View Quote

Meh... the 7 rounds thing was ruled unconstitutional.  There is no capacity limit on legal magazines.  22 tube mags are legal, so you can stick as many as you damned well please down that tube.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So.... what if I have a 50 beowolf upper and want a ... ahem... TEN ROUND magazine for it.....
View Quote

Had the same conversation with a friend about that yesterday.  Conclusion was .50 followers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top