Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2016 4:51:26 PM EDT
Looking for a transfer friendly FFL on the island, along the nassau / suffolk line even better.  Have a few lever actions to send out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.volko.com

They are also a ffl
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The owners of Dark Storm Industies have always been very accommodating. They are in Oakdale right off exit 47 of Sunrise highway, just past the Harley dealer on the service road.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Another Vote for Volko.   Worth the extra drive if necessary.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Hunters Essentials.
Great to deal with.

http://www.huntersessentials.com/

Bill
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Use Volko, excellent people to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do you need an FFL to send out lever actions?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Aside from some places where they are required by law to receive from an FFL when coming from out of state (like NY), many FFL's just won't accept shipments from private parties anymore...

With ATF looking over your shoulder as an FFL, your business and income on the line, then have a few people not follow directions and ship something to you without ID or a return address and it leaves a bad taste in some dealers mouths. Its they're choice to say "no more personal shipments"... And with so many different laws in different states, its easier for them to just say it has to come from an FFL...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:07:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The key is to express that you know what they need to log it in and ensure that you will send a copy of your DL with the gun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have only had that problem receiving guns from out of state.  Most NY FFLs will not receive a transfer from an individual.   I have never had to use an FFL on my side to ship a rifle out of state.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aside from some places where they are required by law to receive from an FFL when coming from out of state (like NY), many FFL's just won't accept shipments from private parties anymore...

With ATF looking over your shoulder as an FFL, your business and income on the line, then have a few people not follow directions and ship something to you without ID or a return address and it leaves a bad taste in some dealers mouths. Its they're choice to say "no more personal shipments"... And with so many different laws in different states, its easier for them to just say it has to come from an FFL...
I have only had that problem receiving guns from out of state.  Most NY FFLs will not receive a transfer from an individual.   I have never had to use an FFL on my side to ship a rifle out of state.

Most counties in NY require it to come from an FFL out of state, its not their choice, but required by local law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top