Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 12:56:52 PM EDT
.45 loaded with 10 rounds, according to the article.

Link
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
It is....

The capacity of the magazine may have been over 10
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is....

The capacity of the magazine may have been over 10
View Quote

Realizing this now - maybe he had a 20 round mag loaded with 10. OK.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Or, maybe the officer wasn't aware of the change and is going to feel really silly when he finds out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, the FNX .45 holds 15 rounds in a mag that fits in entirely in the mag well.

https://www.fnamerica.com/products/handguns/fnx-series/fnx-45-tactical/

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is probably a tack on charge. The first charge is probably for having an unlicensed weapon.
View Quote

Tack on or not it has to be a legit charge. You can't just tack shit on you don't have probable cause to tack on.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Tack on or not it has to be a legit charge. You can't just tack shit on you don't have probable cause to tack on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is probably a tack on charge. The first charge is probably for having an unlicensed weapon.

Not here, they get away with that shit all the time. Also I have no idea why people are so distrustful of the government and their agents, its such a mystery
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Tamir Allen, 4:45am, Intel stop, previous incident, Buffalo.....hmmm
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]
10 + 1 in the chamber. Being charged for the 11th round as a clueless way to say it's hicap?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tamir Allen, 4:45am, Intel stop, previous incident, Buffalo.....hmmm
View Quote

Sometimes you need to read between the lines.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Tamir Allen, 24, was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and a SAFE Act violation, unlawful possession of certain ammunition-feeding devices

He was charged with a hi cap magazine, NOT the number of rounds.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tamir Allen, 24, was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon and a SAFE Act violation, unlawful possession of certain ammunition-feeding devices

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

bingo!

Although, this is a definite possibility!
Quoted:
10 + 1 in the chamber. Being charged for the 11th round as a clueless way to say it's hicap?

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Now that I think of it, I used to have an HK45 that came with 10 round mags. All but one would accept 11 rounds if you tried hard enough.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
The "law" is dumb as shit.

You can take a 10 round springfield XD .40 magazine and put like 13 or 14 9mm rounds in it.  And it will work in a 9mm gun.  

So does that mean every .40 magazine is illegal?

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#15]
.458 Socom 10 round mags are standard cap 5.56 mags.....i dont have any 30 round 5.56 mags...just lots of 10 round 458 mags
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Now that I think of it, I used to have an HK45 that came with 10 round mags. All but one would accept 11 rounds if you tried hard enough.
View Quote
Stupid Monroe County Sheriff dePewty shoved an 11th round in my 10 round keltec p11 mag.    asshole.  Needs to check his fucking privilege and get some training.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

.458 Socom 10 round mags are standard cap 5.56 mags.....i dont have any 30 round 5.56 mags...just lots of 10 round 458 mags
View Quote
Need to make a little die to stamp someone's pmags with .458 socom 10 round.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#18]
So if a 10 rounder for a .45 can have the 11th round jammed in or more in a different caliber when it's marketed for a specific caliber, wouldn't that be on the manufacturer? Should all 10 round mags come with a warning? "WARNING! MAGAZINE MAY UNINTENTIONALLY HOLD MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS OF .45 OR OTHER CALIBERS. CONSULT YOUR STATE OR LOCAL LAWS TO DETERMINE THE LEGALITY OF POSSESSION OF THIS PRODUCT."
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So if a 10 rounder for a .45 can have the 11th round jammed in or more in a different caliber when it's marketed for a specific caliber, wouldn't that be on the manufacturer? Should all 10 round mags come with a warning? "WARNING! MAGAZINE MAY UNINTENTIONALLY HOLD MORE THAN 10 ROUNDS OF .45 OR OTHER CALIBERS. CONSULT YOUR STATE OR LOCAL LAWS TO DETERMINE THE LEGALITY OF POSSESSION OF THIS PRODUCT."
View Quote

This is a scary thought, take for example 9 in .45 mag.. Im sure I could cram over 10 in one of my xd45 mags with out an issue. So say you had an empty .45 mag in your truck/car, and had just stopped off at your local gun show loophole emporium and bought 50 rounds of 9mm. Lets say for some reason you get pulled over and for what ever reason you get searched.... Now you have a mag, and ammo that when combined could get you in a world of hurt...
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Most police are idiots, they don't take the time to learn actual laws, they just base information on 3rd party ...For example: years ago I was at shooting range and these rookie cops asked me how I could be shooting an AR15 with flash hider and 20 round mags, they were told that all mags over 10 rounds were illegal and you can't have any features like movable stock or flash hider. They knew nothing at all about pre ban and post ban etc. Pretty scary, stay as far as you can away from any police.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Most police are idiots, they don't take the time to learn actual laws, they just base information on 3rd party ...For example: years ago I was at shooting range and these rookie cops asked me how I could be shooting an AR15 with flash hider and 20 round mags, they were told that all mags over 10 rounds were illegal and you can't have any features like movable stock or flash hider. They knew nothing at all about pre ban and post ban etc. Pretty scary, stay as far as you can away from any police.
View Quote

It's difficult for a "gun person" who frequents a forum called AR15.com to be on top of what was the AWB and what is now the unSAFE act. It's convoluted and purposefully difficult to understand. Most gun owners didn't know about pre ban and post ban.

Not sure why you would expect your standard patrol officer to understand the innerworkings of such a complicated law when his bread and butter is VTL, domestics, and discons and larcenies.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#22]
It brings up an interesting point. If a cop comes across a full featured AR-15 at this point, are they only going to ask if it's registered? If so, just move on? Are the cops coming up now going to be educated on what's pre-94 ban and what's not so they'll know that even if it's registered, it's supposed to have this and that features, but not this other one? I'm just going off what the guy in charge of the state police mentioned at one of those town hall meetings, that you can't change the config of your rifle at all even after it's been registered. :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#23]
'test me , test me, why don't you arrest me?"  Bertha. Grateful Dead.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It brings up an interesting point. If a cop comes across a full featured AR-15 at this point, are they only going to ask if it's registered? If so, just move on? Are the cops coming up now going to be educated on what's pre-94 ban and what's not so they'll know that even if it's registered, it's supposed to have this and that features, but not this other one? I'm just going off what the guy in charge of the state police mentioned at one of those town hall meetings, that you can't change the config of your rifle at all even after it's been registered. :)
View Quote

Nothing in the law requires the rifle to stay in the same configuration.  If registered, then the rifle is not an assault weapon by definition regardless of features.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It brings up an interesting point. If a cop comes across a full featured AR-15 at this point, are they only going to ask if it's registered?
View Quote

This brings up a more interesting question. Are you going to answer them?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Who got paperwork back from registering an "assault weapon"?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top