Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 10:23:00 AM EDT
Considering we all use facebook and most of us are (somewhat) sane people, we view gun sales to each other as a "no biggie". As for conversation and argument, what do you guys think about this?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/facebook-bans-private-person-person-gun-sales/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20160205_FridayDigest_15g&utm_campaign=/blog/facebook-bans-private-person-person-gun-sales/
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#1]
old news

but yep they closed the two guns for sales pages i was a member of and several legit gun shops have had their fb pages shut down

TTAG
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
No FB here.  I have better things to do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
May be old news, but do you guys agree? Personally I'm mixed strictly because if i wanted to sell it to someone it would be to a friend, only, that i know isn't batshit crazy. Then again, you never know till it happens....

For those who say "No FB for me" I get it and i wish i could get off it. But its my main means of connection to my family overseas. Some don't need it because they live right next to eachother.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Just selling bedsheets, red solo cups, chairs, etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
May be old news, but do you guys agree? Personally I'm mixed strictly because if i wanted to sell it to someone it would be to a friend, only, that i know isn't batshit crazy. Then again, you never know till it happens....

For those who say "No FB for me" I get it and i wish i could get off it. But its my main means of connection to my family overseas. Some don't need it because they live right next to eachother.
View Quote

So your ok with facebook saying you may not nake a classified add?....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's their servers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#8]
..... For sale is my Black Lab. He's ARound15 years old and weighs 223lbs (556kg). I'm not sure why he's so fat since I've only fed him 900-1000 times in his life. He also comes with 6 heavy duty retractable leashes that each stop at exactly 30 feet. When he was younger he got his eye poked out so now he has a glass eye made by Nikon that allows him to see to about 300 yards and it shoots a frickin laser! He also got his front leg chopped off so now he has a hard plastic leg. If you ever need to pick him up (like for a bath or something) you just reach out and grab that plastic leg and you have a great grip. Also, sometimes he has a hard time standing on that plastic leg so you just push a button on the plastic leg and it splits in half to become a "bipod" type thing. It also swivels. Helps with balance. Dog also comes with long black bag to carry him in that has lots of pockets for his 30 foot leashes and can even carry another small dog..... Asking $900 for black lab, cash only, no trades for other dogs........... Dog's name is Bushmaster (cause he's good at finding stuff in the bushes)
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's their servers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's their servers.

So what, that doesn't mean you should be ok with it.  While yes you do not have 1a on facebook....we as a community should make a big stink about this as it is again a big push by the media and the left to demonize the gun culture and make our lawful business more and more difficult.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
..... For sale is my Black Lab. He's ARound15 years old and weighs 223lbs (556kg). I'm not sure why he's so fat since I've only fed him 900-1000 times in his life. He also comes with 6 heavy duty retractable leashes that each stop at exactly 30 feet. When he was younger he got his eye poked out so now he has a glass eye made by Nikon that allows him to see to about 300 yards and it shoots a frickin laser! He also got his front leg chopped off so now he has a hard plastic leg. If you ever need to pick him up (like for a bath or something) you just reach out and grab that plastic leg and you have a great grip. Also, sometimes he has a hard time standing on that plastic leg so you just push a button on the plastic leg and it splits in half to become a "bipod" type thing. It also swivels. Helps with balance. Dog also comes with long black bag to carry him in that has lots of pockets for his 30 foot leashes and can even carry another small dog..... Asking $900 for black lab, cash only, no trades for other dogs........... Dog's name is Bushmaster (cause he's good at finding stuff in the bushes)
View Quote

I'll take him
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
THese are the reasons I would never have a facebook login.  every time someone links to that and it needs a login to see it I just close the page and move on.  This is the same site that allows this, https://www.facebook.com/HuntHunters/ , and https://www.facebook.com/HuntTheTrophyHunters/   .  You want to be a part of a site that allows that?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'll take him
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take him
Brilliant.jpg

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Brilliant.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take him
Brilliant.jpg

SPF
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
THese are the reasons I would never have a facebook login.  every time someone links to that and it needs a login to see it I just close the page and move on.  This is the same site that allows this, https://www.facebook.com/HuntHunters/ , and https://www.facebook.com/HuntTheTrophyHunters/   .  You want to be a part of a site that allows that?
View Quote

I want to meet the keyboard warriors who join that group and see about their fight or flight bladder control....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So what, that doesn't mean you should be ok with it.  While yes you do not have 1a on facebook....we as a community should make a big stink about this as it is again a big push by the media and the left to demonize the gun culture and make our lawful business more and more difficult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's their servers.

Nobody is forcing anyone to use their service. If you want to change it, work to change it, or since they're a publicly traded company, buy stock and change it at the next stockholders meeting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Facebook has nothing to offer me.  It's all risk and no benefit, IMO.

I see no reason to help them make money and they don't care that I don't care.  

If every gun owner closed their facebook account, they might care about that.  

Their revenue is the only thing that means something to them, hit them there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

like talk on arfcom which is a social media site?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love you, no homo
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I love you, no homo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love you, no homo

Don't get too hot & bothered, it's shamelessly stolen.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love you, no homo

oh I know, I'm just glad someone posted it, I laugh every time I see it, which has been about 12 times today
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#21]
The general consensus I was seeing is that the anti's lost more when the VA governor reversed the planned cancellation of CCW reciprocity with 25 states than they gained with the FB ban.  There are so many other venues out there to find firearms for sale that the loss of FB is not that big a deal.  A dozen years ago eBay banned firearms and what kind of impact did that have?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...

I'm with them Fuck Face book, and FUAC hole
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#23]
They're still out there and fully functioning under different "aliases".
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#24]
They are censoring gun store business pages as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top