Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2016 3:08:45 PM EDT
February is our annual salute to the veterans of World War Two.  The match will take place at the Langhorne Rod and Gun Club 251 Stoneyford Road Holland PA on 2/27/2016.  This match will feature period style rifles only.  No modern sporting arms for this match.  If your firearm saw use between 1938 and 1945 you are welcome to bring it. For this match we are excluding the SKS.  Bolt action guns are fine.  Pistol caliber rifles are fine.  If you have any question if your fire arm will be okay let us know via email.  We will once again have a GI style mess at the conclusion of the match.

Our signup will take place on February 10th at 9:00am.  Here is the link:

World War Two Match Sign-Up Link

Remember, the link will not be open until 0900hrs on the 10th of February.  We look forward to another great turnout and a fine collection of period firearms.

You will need:

100 rounds of ammunition.  Stripper clips, extra mags, enbloc clips etc.  A chamber flag.  A sling for your rifle.  Eye and Ear protection and good positive safe attitude.
Price is $15.00 LRGC Members and $20.00 for non-members.  For those who just want to stop by and watch we are asking for a $5.00 donation to cover the cost of the food.

Have a great day!

Gary and Tim  

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I encourage anyone who can attend to attend this shoot. The shoot is fun and people are down to earth.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Do Destroyer carbines qualify for this match?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's built of the M1 Carbine platform so yes....  
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mosin and Dragnov g2g?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Period issued bolt guns are good to go!  Mosin Nagants, Enfields, K98 variants, Swedish Mauser, Swiss straight pulls, Springfield 1903's and 1903A3's etc,
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 9mm largo bolt action?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's the one :)
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is what I found on the Destroyer:  "The Destroyer Carbine is a small bolt action carbine usually chambered for the 9 x 23 mm Largo cartridge. It was used by Spanish police and prison services, including the Guardia Civil from the mid-1930s until the late 1960s, replacing the El Tigre Rifle. It continued the tradition, started in the 1890s, of issuing police units with a short, handy, repeating carbine in pistol ammunition calibre."

So the answer is it was an issued firearm during the period of the war and was used by Spain as an issued arm so it's in.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Period issued bolt guns are good to go!  Mosin Nagants, Enfields, K98 variants, Swedish Mauser, Swiss straight pulls, Springfield 1903's and 1903A3's etc,
View Quote

1917 Enfield?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1917 Enfield?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1917 Enfield?

I would say yes

as per m1917 wiki..

At the time of the American entry into World War II, the U.S. Army was still issuing the M1917 to Chemical Mortarmen. Perhaps due to M1 Garand shortages at the start of the war, the M1917 was also issued to artillerymen early in the war and both mortarmen and artillerymen carried the M1917 in North Africa.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a (Made 1942) 1903  Springfield and a 1944 M1 Carbine I can bring to shoot with. I figure either of those is good for entry, if not let me know.

*EDIT*

Re-read again, the topic already had my answer
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1917 Enfield?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1917 Enfield?

The 1917 Enfield is in!  See Below:

"At the time of the American entry into World War II, the U.S. Army was still issuing the M1917 to Chemical Mortarmen. Perhaps due to M1 Garand shortages at the start of the war, the M1917 was also issued to artillerymen early in the war and both mortarmen and artillerymen carried the M1917 in North Africa. Lieutenant Colonel Charles E. Peterson (USAR, retired; 1920–2005), a Major in the 101st Airborne in the Normandy action, reported seeing some M1917 rifles issued to rear-echelon US troops in France during World War II. Other M1917 rifles were issued to the Philippine Commonwealth Army and Philippine Constabulary. After the fall of the Philippines, M1917 rifles were used by Japanese police forces as well as by U.S. and Filipino soldiers with the local guerrillas before the liberation of the Philippines.

Two British Local Defence Volunteers, later renamed Home Guard, receive instruction on the M1917 rifle in the summer of 1940.
Before and during World War II, stored rifles were reconditioned for use as reserve, training and Lend-Lease weapons; these rifles are identified by having refinished metal (sandblasted and Parkerized) and sometimes replacement wood (often birch). Some of these rifles were reconditioned with new bolts manufactured by the United Shoe Machinery Company and stamped USMC leading to the mistaken impression these were United States Marine Corps rifles. Many were bought by the United Kingdom through the British Purchasing Commission for use by the Home Guard; 615,000 arrived in Britain in the summer of 1940, followed by a further 119,000 in 1941.[9] These were prominently marked with a red paint stripe around the stock to avoid confusion with the earlier P14 that used the British .303 round. Others were supplied to the Nationalist Chinese forces, to indigenous forces in the China-Burma-India theatre, to Filipino soldiers under the Philippine Army and Constabulary units and the local guerrilla forces and to the Free French Army, which can occasionally be seen in wartime photographs. The M1917 was also issued to the Local Defence Force of the Irish Army during World War II, these were part-time soldiers akin to the British Home Guard. In an ironic reversal of names, in Irish service the M1917 was often referred to as the "Springfield"; presumably since an "Enfield" rifle was assumed to be the standard Irish MkIII Short Magazine Lee–Enfield, while "Springfield" was known to be an American military arsenal.

The M1917 was supplied to both Denmark and Norway after WWII as an interim weapon prior to the arrival of the M1 Garand."
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]
It's good to see you post in here again!  It feels like you haven't done so since the SAFE Act.

I would like to go, so hopefully I will see you there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but are spectators allowed and if so is there a price for entry?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but are spectators allowed and if so is there a price for entry?
View Quote

Yes we would need you to sign our waiver form and would ask that you consider donating $5.00 for the GI Mess that you'd be welcome to attend after the match.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds good, the waiver is on your online website, or at the door at the range?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sounds good, the waiver is on your online website, or at the door at the range?
View Quote

We will have them the day of the event.  No worries.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#22]
any pics?  I wish I could have gone, would have liked to try a go with my enfield
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
any pics?  I wish I could have gone, would have liked to try a go with my enfield
View Quote

The Match is at the end of the month.  The registration is on the 10th at 0900.  You have missed nothing.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The Match is at the end of the month.  The registration is on the 10th at 0900.  You have missed nothing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

reading isn't my strong point

am I too late to register?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ciraxis..

The 10th of every month around 9am a google link is opened up.. This match and the ak match sell out fast...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Today's the day! The link opens at 0900hrs!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#28]
LastDefender,

Is there any information of the shoot schedule? What time does it start and etc....

Also this would be my first competition shoot, I am coming for the glory of WW2 Weaponry and the experience of a competition, is this just stationary target shooting at multiple distances or a combination of "shoot and move" scenarios?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LastDefender,

Is there any information of the shoot schedule? What time does it start and etc....

Also this would be my first competition shoot, I am coming for the glory of WW2 Weaponry and the experience of a competition, is this just stationary target shooting at multiple distances or a combination of "shoot and move" scenarios?
View Quote

We need you at the range and signed in by 0830hrs.  We will engage targets between 100 and 200 yards. There is no shoot and move at this match.  This is far more of a fun match than a competition.  After the shoot we adjourn to the clubhouse for a GI mess.  We will be sending out addition info on the weekend.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#30]
We had a few cancellations and that has opened up a few slots.  Please message me if you are interested in joining us.

Gary and Tim
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Great Job everyone! Thank you so much for all those who helped out today. Special thanks to Mike and Brian for their help before and during the match. Also a big thanks to Bill, Kerry and Tiffany for their great job with our chow.
Just a reminder we have no Match in March. We will be sending our Champions Match invitations out to those who qualifed shortly for April.

Here is the link to the scores.  Great job Chris, Matt, and Bradford!  

Link to WW2 Match Score Sheet

Have a fantastic rest of your weekend!
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top