Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 4:48:55 PM EDT
Or anyone that might know the answer.

So here is the parcel map for Cortland County.

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/133899

The parcel in question is Will-160.00-01-13.100

It used to be federal property if I recall correctly, and there was a some sort of lease situation for any farms that used the land. Now it is listed as owned by NY of Envir, use is Forest and Conservation.

So my question is, what is the deal with this property? If I am floating the river through that stretch, am I free to just land it and go hunt the shore area? Some of it is obviously used as crop field by the farms close by, not sure if there is still a lease situation or not with it.

Anyone have any idea? I don't want to hunt any place I'm not supposed to.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the answer to your question, but here's a post bump from a fellow C&H fan. Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to your county clerks office, if they cant help they should know who could.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Cortland County - Zone 3 - ECOs

ECO Thomas Fernandes(607) 836-6595
ECO Kristina Markey.              (607) 749-0163

One of these two officers should know. Can't hurt to try and call them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top