Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2015 2:02:46 PM EDT
http://shooterzoo.com/collections/frontpage/products/hexmag-10-round-magazine-black

20% off if you order more then 4 then 6 bucks shipping

i got 6 shipped in FDE of course.. for 64.05

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
So you can look like you live in free america
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Not for the look, the 10 round mags don't offer enough mag to grip when reloading IMO. The size of the 30 is just about perfect for easy gun handling.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly....plus it pissess off fudds at the range lol
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
What exactly is a hexmag? Is it a blocked 30 or is it manufactured as a 10 to look like a 30?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What exactly is a hexmag? Is it a blocked 30 or is it manufactured as a 10 to look like a 30?
View Quote

It's just a different brand of mag ,kind of like the magpul p-mags. You can also get those in 30 rounders block to 10 rounds.

A few years ago before all of the craze happened in NYS I posted a thread here about Magpul pmag 30 rounders blocked to 10 rounds, I wanted them because of the fact that they were still full size and can be easily manipulated from pouches.

Even though I already had 30 round pre-bands at the time I just wanted to see what all the craze was for the P Mag.

I was pretty much ridiculed here for doing that, but it's kind of funny now that it's all the new craze here.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Kinda of want, but then
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Kinda of want, but then
View Quote

lol...you see a chick at the bar and your

then she turns around and your

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda of want, but then

sux. and also brings attention to your mags/self and then "bro, please please don't taze me, look only 10 rounds fit"
sux fucking sux.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:14:11 AM EDT
[#9]
When you escape from NY, you can remove the block and spring (easily ) and replace it with a 30 Rd spring and have a normal capacity mag. Sort of like un neutering a dog
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:19:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When you escape from NY, you can remove the block and spring (easily ) and replace it with a 30 Rd spring and have a normal capacity mag. Sort of like un neutering a dog
View Quote

Can't. :(

Have successful businesses here and daughter and her mother.
Trapped here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You mean this specific mag? Usually they are pinned or something  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There are those that say that this mag isn't legal because of this. No tools are required to make it a 30 rounder, hence, it's readily convertible to 30, hence it's not legal.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There are those that say that this mag isn't legal because of this. No tools are required to make it a 30 rounder, hence, it's readily convertible to 30, hence it's not legal.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sounds like you need a new spring to make it function as a 30 rounder.  If so, then it probably would not function without the mag block or "riser."  If you have to add parts to make it function as a 30 round magazine, then I don't see the issue.

I feel comfortable using it--I ordered a bunch.  Of course, YMMV.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Dont get caught with both....or epoxy the floor plate and just re sell em when you escape
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd be pretty cautious with any pinned (or whatever) 10 round mag that is the size of a 30 round. I know people want them because they fit in mag carriers and so on, but that could be a long day on the side of the road. I certainly would not drive around with those in the car other than locked in the trunk to and from the range
View Quote

True you could get hassled or even arrested for it just because how it looks....then later dismissed when they find its not a 30

Maybe i need a green peace and hillary sticker on my truck instead of a BFL and an NRA sticker so they think im some liberal fuckwad....

Nahh
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

True you could get hassled or even arrested for it just because how it looks....then later dismissed when they find its not a 30

Maybe i need a green peace and hillary sticker on my truck instead of a BFL and an NRA sticker so they think im some liberal fuckwad....

Nahh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be pretty cautious with any pinned (or whatever) 10 round mag that is the size of a 30 round. I know people want them because they fit in mag carriers and so on, but that could be a long day on the side of the road. I certainly would not drive around with those in the car other than locked in the trunk to and from the range

Nahh

or later NOT dismissed, because they felt like it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nahh

Because it hurt somones feelings
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#20]
For what it's worth, the SAFE specifically allows for the permanent modification of hi-cap mags to 10. Sure they don't say what permanent is, but having a modified 30 rounder isn't automatically a jail sentence.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nahh

Not in my county.  Crappy charge like that would be dismissed fast.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#22]
this is the method they use to make it a 10 rounder

as you can see it is not a full length spring, and thus could not function without the block in the mag making it a 10 round magazine.  It is not a screw in a 30rounder or rivet that just stops the follower

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top