Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2015 8:14:56 PM EDT
I'm thinking that jack-ass couldn't find it on a map or even care because it's so far North.
    Latest news from the Times Union Capitol Bureau

State Police chief says Watervliet, Ft. Drum long viewed as targets
By Rick Karlin, Capitol bureau on November 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM

State Police Superintendent Joseph D’Amico on Thursday said law enforcement and anti-terror officials have long viewed the Watervliet Arsenal and Ft. Drum as potential targets, although they have upped security at many locations in the wake of last week’s Paris attacks by ISIS.

Additionally, a video from the group Anonymous was recently released which purports to name Watervliet and Ft. Drum as being on an Isis list of U.S. military installations they’d like to hit.

“If you look at some of their publications that have been on line they always talk about military targets…have we stepped up? We take every one of these threats seriously,” D’Amico said.

He added that “Fort Drum and Watervliet Arsenal have always been on our radar.”

D’Amico’s remarks came during a brief press conference during a meeting of police and homeland security officials at the Sagamore resort in Bolton Landing to discuss a range of issues including anti-terror efforts, crime, drug addiction and cyberterrorism. It’s the seventh such annual conference and D’Amico was joined by state Homeland Security Commissioner John Melville, Albany Special Agent in charge Andrew Vale and Maj. Daniel Cooney of the State Police criminal intelligence section.
View Quote

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/243567/state-police-chief-says-watervliet-ft-drum-long-viewed-as-targets/
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sagamore, huh?  What did that cost us?  

Go meet in a bunker or on a base...FOR FREE!
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel SAFEr already!
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

lol, SP has their own bunker right next to their academy.  Well ok now it's the state emergency management office or state homeland security or whatever they call it now but it's a 50's era bunker.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Really? Fuck D'Amico, fuckin' hack political Cuomo cock sucking sycophant.....
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Total
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't what's been going on but for the last two days, mostly at night, there has been a lot of choppers flying over. Either Blackhawks or Chinooks, one at a time maybe between Syracuse and Drum. Maybe they are bringing in refugees to Drum and then transporting them by chopper to Cuse for wonderful ol Mayor Miner.

" />
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#8]

I sure hope the ISIS terrorists don't figure out that Andrew Cuomo is the highest value target in the entire United States and that the country would be completely lost without him.

If anything happened to him, it would set us back for decades.

Yep, sure hope they don't realize that.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't anyone tell the terrorists that there is a warship buried in North Bay on Carleton Island.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Shhhh, there are still cannons aboard that ship too.   Some good walleye too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]
John Melville is a Cop's Cop. He was the Acting Super when the Princess came in and chopped him off at the knees. Glad to see he's in a decision making position.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I sure hope the ISIS terrorists don't figure out that Andrew Cuomo is the highest value target in the entire United States and that the country would be completely lost without him.

View Quote

I see what you did there.
I won't say it can't happen, it just pisses me off when these blow-hards grandstand about places they really don't give a damn about unless they're cutting back the dollars flooding into the local economy from them. Watervliet is simply a cannon barrel maker and Drum a cannon fodder supplier.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol yeah Isis is going after the waterveliet arsenal
View Quote

No,No,No,  Waterveliet  Gun club to get rid of the competition
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't say this enough.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#16]
The inept NYSP should do what they do best, suck The Emperor's knee caps!
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Really? Fuck D'Amico, fuckin' hack political Cuomo cock sucking sycophant.....
View Quote

Your post saved me some typing... damico can fuck off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top