[#3]
I always thought it was Tipperary Hill   or maybe SU Hill
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I can neither confirm or deny such shenanigans in the early 90's.  Pitchers (of cheap swill) at Hungry Chucks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Long ago it was Oneonta!!!!!
View Quote

When I want to college there... Oh boy
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I can neither confirm or deny such shenanigans in the early 90's.  Pitchers (of cheap swill) at Hungry Chucks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hup Chucks?

I was more into the Faegen's scene and the Inn Complete while at the Maxwell School
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Long ago it was Oneonta!!!!!
View Quote

Haha. I believe it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hup Chucks?

I was more into the Faegen's scene and the Inn Complete while at the Maxwell School
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hup Chucks?

Faegens, the Orange Grove on Wescott and the Generic Bar for pitchers of kamakazis in my day.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... pitchers of kamakazis in my day.
View Quote

I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I read and remembered doing the same.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
When the Boardy Barn in Hampton Bays is open from 12-8pm on sundays only, between memorial day and labor day, it's got to be pretty close to the drunkest.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
When the Boardy Barn in Hampton Bays is open from 12-8pm on sundays only, between memorial day and labor day, it's got to be pretty close to the drunkest.
View Quote

Its only open on sundays because it takes them 6 days to clean the place up and prepare for the next sunday!!!

If there was a single place in NY that defined "drunk kids" it would have to be the Boardy Barn. There may be places that consume more alcohol on a weekly or monthly basis, but you would be hard pressed to find anywhere that consumes more in a single day.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I did my best to help SUNY Albany back in the day.

They were some good days
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
la-de-dah!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hup Chucks?

la-de-dah!  

Well we can't all feast on mackerel and arctic water at the penguin exhibit at the Burnet Park Zoo...
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hup Chucks?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hup Chucks?

College was some of the poorest times in my life in a pecuniary way but pretty rich in others.   Hell I even stooped to Piels back then when at home.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Surprised it wasn't Oswego with all those bars.

I've been through Kingston multiple times past few years and don't see what they did that would even come across as a booze city/town
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Surprised it wasn't Oswego with all those bars.
View Quote

The Oswego bar scene isn't what it used to be, a lot  has changed. So many of them have opened and closed in the past ten years. The Ferris Wheel has reopened on Water Street after Club Crystal failed, seems to be doing well. Nothing like the days of Bucklands and Broadwells, and can't forget about Nunzis! The SRO was always where you find me when Jolly Roger was playing!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top