Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2015 4:15:53 PM EDT
Headline:
Ex-UN General Assembly leader accused of pocketing $500,000 in bribes

"We will continue to do everything we can to root out public corruption -- whether we find it in a city council, in Albany, or as here, in the United Nations," Bharara said.
View Quote

U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara repeatedly noted that it was early in the investigation and told reporters that as it proceeds: "We will be asking: Is bribery business as usual at the U.N.?"

He added: "I wouldn't be surprised if we see other people charged."

The prosecutor said Ashe "converted the United Nations into a platform for profit" when bribery opportunities were dangled before him by Chinese billionaire Ng Lap Seng, 67, and others.
View Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/06/us-investigating-alleged-united-nations-bribery-scheme/?intcmp=hpbt1

Shows pretty clearly that Bharara is going to finish the job on any and everybody...  Is there anything that stands in Bharara's way of being a one man wrecking ball?  I like his enthusiasm but would love to see the princess doing the perp walk sooner rather than later.  Any chance Andy had his hands in someones pocket at the UN?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
What oversight does he have over the UN?  Aren't they a sovereign entity?  Besides, corruption is pretty much standard practice in most of the world. It is a rarity for a public official to not be on the take in this world.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#2]
When it came to Bharara’s jurisdiction and its broad reach, the prosecutor said his office has long thought globally.

“Somebody once made the mistake of asking me, ‘What again is your jurisdiction exactly?’” Bharara said. “And I said, ‘Are you familiar with Earth?’”

He continued: “Long before I got there, we have a long tradition in the Southern District of thinking of the global reach that we have, because we do have a good amount of resources — not unlimited resources, but a good amount.”
View Quote

http://polhudson.lohudblogs.com/2015/10/08/bharara-says-its-his-obligation-to-discuss-public-corruption/

One. Man. Wrecking. Ball.

This just in, Bhararas office's new logo:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top