Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 5:00:03 PM EDT
Bolt Action AR.  Some like it some don't.  I like it because I can have all the "evil features" except for one.

Sorry, I meant to put this in the NY/NJ photo thread not its own.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Strictly speaking it would be straight pull, not bot action.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't you just get a thread like this locked?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Still haven't changed my mind.

NOPE.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe your correct.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I believe your correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe your correct.

LOL   could have sworn I've seen this thread before
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]
See my sig line.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe your correct.

I forgot to check the end result of that thread but I'm pretty sure OP is a shill for this company.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I forgot to check the end result of that thread but I'm pretty sure OP is a shill for this company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe your correct.

Yes the thread was locked out.  I did not realize I was not allowed to put all that info on the thread.  And no I do not work for the company.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bolt Action AR.  Some like it some don't.  I like it because I can have all the "evil features" except for one.

<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/fedman_photos/media/Bolt%20Action%20AR%20021.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg143/fedman_photos/Bolt%20Action%20AR%20021.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/fedman_photos/media/015.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg143/fedman_photos/015.jpg</a>
View Quote

You can only have all the evil features if it doesn't have a gas system and is a single shot not semi-auto. The bolt action/push pull alone doesn't do it. Just saying.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe your correct.

That's what I was thinking too, the link I posted was from an  unsolicited e-mail: looked interesting, but nothing I'm planning to buy.
I'm not sure exactly why my post was deleted, and it really makes no difference as my only intention was to link something similar....maybe I should pay more attention.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can only have all the evil features if it doesn't have a gas system and is a single shot not semi-auto. The bolt action/push pull alone doesn't do it. Just saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/fedman_photos/media/Bolt%20Action%20AR%20021.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg143/fedman_photos/Bolt%20Action%20AR%20021.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s247.photobucket.com/user/fedman_photos/media/015.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg143/fedman_photos/015.jpg</a>

ummmm, errrrr.......hmmm.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#14]
This is starting out just like that long neurotic fireclean thread in GD.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bolt action with all the "features" would be legal, as would a fully-"featured" rifle with any variation of the push/pull action. As long as it's not semi-auto, in other words, it does not allow the spent casing to be ejected and a fresh round to be chambered without an additional purposeful action by the shooter, the definition is not met. A semi-auto without removable magazine is also legal with all the "features".
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
How about those neat British ARs that have the auto-bolt catch?  It holds the bolt open after each round, requiring the shooter to close the bolt before the next round could be fired.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about those neat British ARs that have the auto-bolt catch?  It holds the bolt open after each round, requiring the shooter to close the bolt before the next round could be fired.

View Quote

It's only a matter of time before our whole country goes this route. We all heard what the man said? He wants to be just like other countries
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm moving to a state just just legalized suppressors. Most of the country is going the other way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually like that design and would consider buying one if they were available here.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you mean that if you attach a handle to the bolt carrier, but leave in the gas system, then it wouldn't be legal?  If so, that's true, but you wouldn't call that bolt-action, you would call it side-charging, semi-auto.

As for the OP, I see no advantage of a bolt-action AR over a pump-action AR, other than perhaps for a precision/sniper rifle.  Pump-action is far-and-away the best manual option.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A bolt action with all the "features" would be legal, as would a fully-"featured" rifle with any variation of the push/pull action. As long as it's not semi-auto, in other words, it does not allow the spent casing to be ejected and a fresh round to be chambered without an additional purposeful action by the shooter, the definition is not met. A semi-auto without removable magazine is also legal with all the "features".
View Quote

True, however I believe the assumption is that these uppers require manual cycling for each shot, elsewise that handle could be hazardous.
The premise behind the side charging uppers is to allow operation where a semi-auto wouldn't be permissible while keeping with the MSR design....one would suppose it to be no worse an option than fixed magazines or "silly stocks".  
Couple time a year I've got to head South if nothing else just to remind myself what real freedom feels like; how it's nice it is to not only rapid-fire or full-auto with standard capacity magazines that hold more bullets than the one finger NYS gave us.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#22]
IF I were still in NY, this would be a serious option, if only to give a big middle finger to the gun grabbers and Cuomo...

I mean, they are all so afraid of "evil" features, what better way to say FUCK YOU than walking around with a completely legal black rifle loaded with all the evil goodies...flash hider, bayonet lug WITH bayonet attached, adjustable stock, detachable standard cap mag (pinned, so it still looks evil), hell, I'd even put one of those 37mm flare M203 look alikes on it, just to make it completely WMD status worthy.

At this point, lets face it, its less about function, and more about FU...Texas and the south has Barbeque Guns, NY needs FU guns....

I will say, I went to a 800 table show (that they have every month for the most part) in Ft Worth this weekend...at least 80% of the tables were guns, and everything you can imagine was for sale, every flavor of "AW" in every configuration imaginable, full auto, cans everywhere, Beta mags, belt feds, whatever you want, it was glorious.

Don't think I saw any bolt action AR's....
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#23]
"Bolt action" and "AR15" should never be in the same sentence.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I actually like that design and would consider buying one if they were available here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That design I would not mind at all in a 308.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

True, however I believe the assumption is that these uppers require manual cycling for each shot, elsewise that handle could be hazardous.
The premise behind the side charging uppers is to allow operation where a semi-auto wouldn't be permissible while keeping with the MSR design....one would suppose it to be no worse an option than fixed magazines or "silly stocks".  
Couple time a year I've got to head South if nothing else just to remind myself what real freedom feels like; how it's nice it is to not only rapid-fire or full-auto with standard capacity magazines that hold more bullets than the one finger NYS gave us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that not what I posted? Maybe it was the way I worded it, but it's what I meant.

I was thinking of the straight pull actions of yore like the K31 and pump action cycled rifles. Yeah, I agree, and don't think I'd ever own a side-charging AR without a non-reciprocating handle.
Total "+1" to everything 98kGuy posted and that's why I, too, would change the action before the appearance. It makes me think about the video I saw posted by Speed Society the other day on Facebook of a minivan drag racing a Mustang & a Supra (the Mustang lost, the Supra quit). It's now how it looks, it's what it can do under the control of the user.

I don't know why I'm not seeing the video I tried to link so here's the url:
https://youtu.be/iAXMdfqAgak?t=20s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top