Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2015 4:25:11 PM EDT
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3920747.shtml?cat=565

But they won't say why.   Hmmm....
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The last article I had read said the Suny Poly board approved 200k for a lawyer.  If they bumped it up to 1.5m then someones realllllllllly worried.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
The money these jack ass piss away they should be all jailed.  

When  SUNY NP  piss millions of dollars on a stupid walk way and take away from student parking

Or SUNY Purchase with there remodel another waste of money...

Im tired of these liberals that just want to piss other peoples money away.. I hope the federal govt goes after everyone of them and the set min. if found guilty is life. Not this bs 5-10 years.

Its time to send a real message not slap on wrist.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When  SUNY NP  piss millions of dollars on a stupid walk way and take away from student parking

Im tired of these liberals that just want to piss other peoples money away.. I hope the federal govt goes after everyone of them and the set min. if found guilty is life. Not this bs 5-10 years.

View Quote

The Federal Govt. is even worse!
I could go into a dissertation on how Government prints all the money they want and spend it just as willingly, but all it'll do is piss us off with little to no hope of changing anything.....ask anyone that works for either the State or Federal Government about the idiocy and abusers creating all the waste, fraud, and abuse; it'll quite literally make you
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I could go into a dissertation on how Government prints all the money they want and spend it just as willingly, but all it'll do is piss us off with little to no hope of changing anything.....ask anyone that works for either the State or Federal Government about the idiocy and abusers creating all the waste, fraud, and abuse; it'll quite literally make you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've worked for both state and federal.   The amount of good stuff that gets tossed in the dumpster is insane.    The feds were pretty bad with refitting a facility, the old stuff often got crushed and put the dumpster (office equipment).   The state sticks it in a warehouse for x days to let other agencies pick the bones, then the non profits, then it's off to the dump or scrap yard.    

Lots of asking for one thing, nope no money for that meanwhile they're spending money like fools on other stuff.  Ask what gives?  OH, different pockets, different budgets,.  (all taxpayer money as far as I'm concerned)

Recent silliness,  OGS forbade agencies from selling junk as scrap as that's OGS job.  OGS didn't have a method to accomplish the feat for several years.  So what did the agencies direct be done?   Put the scrap in the dumpster and pay to haul it away.   God forbid someone gets caught filching a piece out of the dumpster, it could be a terminal problem for them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've worked for both state and federal.   The amount of good stuff that gets tossed in the dumpster is insane.    The feds were pretty bad with refitting a facility, the old stuff often got crushed and put the dumpster (office equipment).   The state sticks it in a warehouse for x days to let other agencies pick the bones, then the non profits, then it's off to the dump or scrap yard.    

Lots of asking for one thing, nope no money for that meanwhile they're spending money like fools on other stuff.  Ask what gives?  OH, different pockets, different budgets,.  (all taxpayer money as far as I'm concerned)

Recent silliness,  OGS forbade agencies from selling junk as scrap as that's OGS job.  OGS didn't have a method to accomplish the feat for several years.  So what did the agencies direct be done?   Put the scrap in the dumpster and pay to haul it away.   God forbid someone gets caught filching a piece out of the dumpster, it could be a terminal problem for them.
View Quote
The building I work in had a VA center in it. Last summer they moved out and to a building next door. All the equipment and furniture was tossed into a dumpster. Beautiful stuff. Why?  VA bought them all new stuff for the new next oor office. It was shocking to see all the perfectly good equipment in the trash. My tax dollars at work...

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You see the nice new Performing Arts Center at SUNY Potsdam?  I mean, sure, Crane School of Music, and all...But wtf?

SUNY Compton next door could use some money.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:03:25 AM EDT
[#7]
So if SUNY is paying the bill.... who's REALLY paying for this legal team?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Students? Alumni? The State?
While 1.5 million is a lot of money, in the grand scheme of things it's a drop in the bucket to those who pay themselves to spend other peoples money.
I doubt any money is coming out of the Teachers pay or retirement funds.
Those smart enough to administer or work under the system they essentially control will figure out ways to maximize the milk they pull from the teat and cash in on the government cheese.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

While 1.5 million is a lot of money, in the grand scheme of things it's a drop in the bucket to those who pay themselves to spend other peoples money.
Those smart enough to administer or work under the system they essentially control will figure out ways to maximize the milk they pull from the teat and cash in on the government cheese.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you bet its coming for the students with some bs surcharge. They should be taking the 90% from the income of liberals.. Its for the safety of the children.. Than they will have no more money to push for there bs agenda's
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's probably coming out of a taxpayer slush fund since it's a State funded school.
So it's coming from those of us who actually pay taxes.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's probably coming out of a taxpayer slush fund since it's a State funded school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  

The SUNY system I do not believe is anywhere close to being funded by the tuition alone.  The taxpayer is subsidizing the whole institution.  That's why you see the college brats protesting every year for SUNY funding and lower tuition (at the instigation of their liberal professors).  Keep pushing for more funds from the taxpayer (and give the colleges more slush to play with).   Frankly I'm sick and tired of funding worthless degrees in underwater basket women's history, African American studies. Those are political agenda degrees and really should be merely part of the available liberal arts coursework and not a whole phony baloney degree field.  I may be an asshole (most likely) as a taxpayer I'd rather we only fund degree programs with a hard track toward valuable working skills;  engineers, science, business, accounting, medicine, yea and I'll even say teaching.  If you're not in those useful fields you pay the full shot with no taxpayer subsidy.  That said the liberal arts classes will still be in college to keep a broader education for the aforementioned valuable programs.  They aren't completely without merit in developing thinking skills.    

The whole idea of treating every person to a degree on the taxpayer dime because they "deserve" it is bullshit and it's killing us.  A good chunk of the students don't belong there at all, they're not prepared thanks to our crappy school systems.   College has become 13th and 14th grade and the colleges don't mind; follow the money.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed.  

The SUNY system I do not believe is anywhere close to being funded by the tuition alone.  The taxpayer is subsidizing the whole institution.  That's why you see the college brats protesting every year for SUNY funding and lower tuition (at the instigation of their liberal professors).  Keep pushing for more funds from the taxpayer (and give the colleges more slush to play with).   Frankly I'm sick and tired of funding worthless degrees in underwater basket women's history, African American studies. Those are political agenda degrees and really should be merely part of the available liberal arts coursework and not a whole phony baloney degree field.  I may be an asshole (most likely) as a taxpayer I'd rather we only fund degree programs with a hard track toward valuable working skills;  engineers, science, business, accounting, medicine, yea and I'll even say teaching.  If you're not in those useful fields you pay the full shot with no taxpayer subsidy.  That said the liberal arts classes will still be in college to keep a broader education for the aforementioned valuable programs.  They aren't completely without merit in developing thinking skills.    

The whole idea of treating every person to a degree on the taxpayer dime because they "deserve" it is bullshit and it's killing us.  A good chunk of the students don't belong there at all, they're not prepared thanks to our crappy school systems.   College has become 13th and 14th grade and the colleges don't mind; follow the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  

Go read anything written by Mike Rowe (the dirty jobs guy), you'll be pleasantly surprised.

That being said, I believe we need to be pushing more programs like BOCES to get kids trade skills and get them in to the work force with practical skills.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Absolutely agree ben, more welders, machinists, well trained carpenters etc.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#14]
It took me two years to learn the basic skills that I should have learned in High School, and the only thing that I retained was the fact that I'm no where near as smart as I thought I was.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top