Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2015 12:40:19 AM EDT
hey guys,

This is my first year in the world of ATVs. I picked up a used 2012 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 (SRA model) and I was just curious of how many of you guys are ATV riders? Those of you that are, are there any good clubs/ groups that get together for rides etc?

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You should probably try an ATV forum.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There is nothing i found down in the lower Hudson valley.

. I use to use my gun club property when i owned them..

They were too much of hassle where i go since i can just drive my jeep up instead and get my deer anyhow with reg and ins a requirement for my gun club to use it on the property.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you find any, please share
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice quad, i have a brute force 650i myself, and live in the lower hudson valley, but i ride on private property upstate.

http://www.brutecentral.com/forums/

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/

Thrse are a couple of good forums i use from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a 4wheeler club on my land here 1600 acres in 12123 zip if that isnt too far from you. Hill town riders is who runs it.  If you are interested I can let you guys do a lot of things they dont let the member do. I get a real kick out of the club.  Not what I expected from a 4wheeling gang.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]
bmfgsxr & cetane

PMs sent!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing in my inbox man.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Way up the Hudson is foot hill riders.  I am not a member but they all seem to be very squared away.    They used to have a trail on my property but it was going to conflict with my private range plans.    If it wasn't for that I'd have no problem with them passing through.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a trx450r. I'm in the lower Hudson valley. There are a few small pieces of land I know that my friends and I ride on but it's not much. Hit me up if find something better.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing in my inbox man.
View Quote

Thats odd, i did it today at work, maybe i got sidetracked and never sent... Sent again
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Sullivan county atv, not sure of their official name. They had a great ride this past weekend and have a large club with lots of properties to ride on. I don't know where you are but hope this might help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

bmfgsxr & cetane

PMs sent!!!
View Quote
Replied, and to answer your question

I own the land.  I was looking for a way to get some more money from the land to help pay the taxes ($65000 per year) without selling the land, and came up with the idea of an atv club ten years ago.  Than I got in touch with Bob Ski from the OHVA and he told me of a club that was close and looking to expand.  They lease the land to be able to ride on it from us.  I have logged the property a few times and have large established skid roads that they use for trails.  They also have trails in some of the old fields that I dont use for hay anymore. There membership has expanded, they really like it, I like it, so it works.  Besides the dummy that has no common sense once or twice a year they are no trouble.  I get a kick out of the mud pit guys, who think 4' deep by 50' long of mud is a good time.  Run a skidder, I get more than enough mud, I dont need more.  They like to have work parties to trim the brush back from the trails, and dig drainage to keep the mud puddles down.  They build bridges over the streams also.  They have weekend barbecues, look at there facebook page and see how they love themselves.  Its not bad just dont know if its worth the drive up here.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Ulster County here and I just got a quad.  Thinking of taking a trip soon out to the New Lost Trails in Dunmore PA.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ulster County here and I just got a quad.  Thinking of taking a trip soon out to the New Lost Trails in Dunmore PA.

View Quote

let me know how they are, heard mixed reviews
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Certainly not down State, but if you ever get the idea to head North, Lewis County as well as parts of Jefferson County (Barns Corners) has some really nice trails for both ATV and Snow Mobiles.....I'm ten miles down the hill from Barns Corners.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got back.  I had a blast.  Rode 40 miles today!

There are sections that are really rocky, and others that are really rough.  You're gonna get a workout.

But there are TONS of places to explore.  If anyone wants to put a HTF trip together, count me in.  I feel like I (sort of) know my way around already.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cldsandwch told me about taking ATV trips in West Virginia: said they were fantastic, and must be because it's a nine hour ride from here.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

cldsandwch told me about taking ATV trips in West Virginia: said they were fantastic, and must be because it's a nine hour ride from here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lost trails is slightly over a half hour from the Matamoras exit on I-84.  If we do a ride, we could all meet at the PA visitor's center right there in Westfall.

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lost trails is slightly over a half hour from the Matamoras exit on I-84.  If we do a ride, we could all meet at the PA visitor's center right there in Westfall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At some point I might be "in" for an adventure: I just got a 2009 Yamaha 700 4x4 and have ridden it across the field behind my house and back and that's it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 5:26:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I am in for a trip to lost trails.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Bumping this thread.

OP, did you ever find anything decent?

Since the last time I posted, I have been to Lost Trails several times.  I'm hooked.

If we did a group ride on a Saturday, (or a Sunday if that works any better for people) how many people would be in?  I'd be willing to organize.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I suppose I'd drag my DRZ down to keep the two wheel contingent represented.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top