Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:54:10 PM EDT
$ 7,200  I thank the good lord there is a state called South Carolina. This will be my second visit at the end of this month for a week. I hope to find something that both my wife and I can agree on. I just cant keep up with a total tax bill town and village of $ 13,000 plus a year and continue to have my property value tank because of high taxes . Fuck NY
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
$ 7,200  I thank the good lord there is a state called South Carolina. This will be my second visit at the end of this month for a week. I hope to find something that both my wife and I can agree on. I just cant keep up with a total tax bill town and village of $ 13,000 plus a year and continue to have my property value tank because of high taxes . Fuck NY
View Quote

wholly poop where do you live ? man i thought mine was bad right around 10k for all taxes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

wholly poop where do you live ? man i thought mine was bad right around 10k for all taxes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit......mine are $5400........includes everything.

2300 sq ft house on an acre with an addition garage.......and I'm not in the boonies either
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

2300 sq ft house on an acre with an addition garage.......and I'm not in the boonies either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I live in the village and mine are $5000...you are getting a bargain!

But $13k???? Nuckin futz....glad I am out of this state in another week or so....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Greetings fellow 13k+ property taxes buddy. The North Carolina schools we've been looking at are 9's and 10's with a property tax of $4500. Compare that to a high school in my district with a 7, sometimes dropping to a 6.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Same shit here man.  My taxes might actually be higher than that.  Essex county.  Each little town has it's own school for a 3000 person population and graduates 10-15 students a year.  And because it's all poverty, the people who can afford nice houses pay for the whole system.  It's outrageous.  There's no oversight whatsoever to insist the little towns build one school and bus the kids in so the tax burden is like 1/5 of what it currently is.

Not to mention  the people who own those properties (like myself) can't vote in local or state elections to try and curtail this shit because we're part-time residents.  Thanks to the NY courts, a whole class of people have (outrageous) taxation without representation and zero oversight of these small taxing municipalities exists on a state level.  It's outrageous whats happening in NY.  I'm livid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
But, but, but it's FOR THE CHILDREN!

Right...  Even if they got rid of every child, the bureaucrats and administrations would still collect the bulk of the money.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#8]
In the very rural district I live in we pay almost 20,000 a year per to educate a single child.  It is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I already have family in South Carolina and I will be relocating as well . It's a beautiful state with lots to do.  My inlaws bought there brand new house approx 7 yrs ago and their entire tax bill is around 1000.00 a year after all discounts ! Senior , veteran.  Etc
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Right...  Even if they got rid of every child, the bureaucrats and administrations would still collect the bulk of the money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One local SD has a highly overpaid Superintendent, with three 'Assistant' Superintendents with 'support' staff.  

Too much money is wasted by these petty little tyrants and their suck ups.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to dissuade the complaints about taxes, but...

My custody battle against my alcoholic and gambler ex-wife cost me $80,000 the first go-around.

Since "she has a right to be heard" by the courts, the second go-round she started cost me $8000 in April, $7000 in May, $2800 in August, and I'm expecting $10,000 in September.   All so we can be right back where we started in April.    If you think taxes in NY are a waste, try family court.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

But $13k???? Nuckin futz....glad I am out of this state in another week or so....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah........I grew up in the Village.......my parents still live there and pay almost what I do in the Town w/ half the house.......Depew is even worse.......

I never understood while people are soooo hellbent on keeping their "village government"............consolidate the school districts, consolidate the Towns/Villages, consolidate all the highway and police into one metro/county and be done:  get rid of 100s of local small town polititians and school administrations = save $$$$

People in NY are too fucking stupid..........
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't forget the rest of your high county taxes to pay for the non working types free health care.  One of the largest chunks of where the money goes, those nice free bennies.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
What do we get for those taxes?  Use the money to turn us into criminals for merely owning firearms we owned previously that were A-OK.  When everyone that owns a gun is a potential threat that may need arresting you need high taxes!

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't forget the rest of your high county taxes to pay for the non working types free health care.  One of the largest chunks of where the money goes, those nice free bennies.
View Quote

1/2 of my property taxes goes to the FSA........I've actually looked at the breakdown on the back of my statement.   Really people........you should look to see where your money is really going:  FSA and "Unfunded State Mandates" in the school budgets.

You don't have local control of your property taxes........the State dictates the lions share.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1/2 of my property taxes goes to the FSA........I've actually looked at the breakdown on the back of my statement.   Really people........you should look to see where your money is really going:  FSA and "Unfunded State Mandates" in the school budgets.

You don't have local control of your property taxes........the State dictates the lions share.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep and you can control your school parking lot and maybe how much you spend on the gym.  After that you're on the hook with no recourse.  All those teacher's aides and programs and special buses for the mainstreamed "differently" abled kids are costing you a mega ton.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#17]
NY is a cesspool of corruption.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Not sure where you are at, but same thing is happening here in CNY! We are not rich! what the fuck are they thinking?
we are not wall street pukes.  I dont know who is going to be left in NY  to turn the light outs at the end.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Am I the only one who grieves taxes?  I grieve them every year, I'm the biggest pain in the ass!  Had a lady in the assessor a office in my town quietly cheer me on.  Northern westchester county and under 9k.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]
HOLY SHIT!
We're sending our youngest to College and it's less than that for the year including books!
Come to think of it, our total mortgage payment including taxes & insurance aren't even that high.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

yep and you can control your school parking lot and maybe how much you spend on the gym.  After that you're on the hook with no recourse.  All those teacher's aides and programs and special buses for the mainstreamed "differently" abled kids are costing you a mega ton.
View Quote

having an assistant vice principal for everything under the sun isn't cheap
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and oddly enough they seemed to be able to go back and forth between the school system and posts in the Albany area Democratic Party.  One slime became mayor of Albany.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Rockland County and I'm done being abused by the government. Pension ,Pension and more Pensions and fucking pipe dreams of fucked up politicians which put all of us at risk. Bond issue after  bond issue after bond issue .

i.e. The Tappan Zee Bridge will be  $17 in tolls you can bet on it. The OT truck driver is going to have a tough time staying in business you know the ones that deliver food ,fuel etc. Just pass it on to the over taxed public. I blame the fucking politicians no one else but the elected official and the assholes that vote them in office.

Every little fucking village needs their kingdom fuck the people every fucking town is a kingdom and fuck them as well. Every county is a kingdom and fuck them too. Now for the biggest bag of cocks .FUAC public enemy number one.

I am done with this abuse.  Goodbye NY and hello SC

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rockland County and I'm done being abused by the government. Pension ,Pension and more Pensions and fucking pipe dreams of fucked up politicians which put all of us at risk. Bond issue after  bond issue after bond issue .

i.e. The Tappan Zee Bridge will be  $17 in tolls you can bet on it. The OT truck driver is going to have a tough time staying in business you know the ones that deliver food ,fuel etc. Just pass it on to the over taxed public. I blame the fucking politicians no one else but the elected official and the assholes that vote them in office.

Every little fucking village needs their kingdom fuck the people every fucking town is a kingdom and fuck them as well. Every county is a kingdom and fuck them too. Now for the biggest bag of cocks .FUAC public enemy number one.

View Quote

Oh ya....such sweet musings.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

......Godspeed........leave the light on for us
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Here's what warps my brain.

I live in Ulster County. Two years ago I bought a second house in Delaware.

What I will pay in taxes in NY in 2015 will pay my taxes in DE until 2027.

Think about that a second. One year taxes in NY equals twelve years in Delaware. Twelve fucking years.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#27]
My school taxes are $5000. But I have 550 acre farm and a 7yo log house. I have an agriculture easement on 2/3 of my property, and am assessed at the lowest rate. My district pays $22k/year per student.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#28]
mine are ~$1800yr.

Cattaraugus Cty.  2100sf home on 1 acre.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#29]
OP, wow that is excessive! Just got ours, slightly over $1800. That's with a $800 star savings. You guys did apply for it, didn't you?
Two years ago our school district asked for a budget exceeding the cap. We voted it down - twice! The whiny spendthrifts  are still reeling from defeat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP, wow that is excessive! Just got ours, slightly over $1800. That's with a $800 star savings. You guys did apply for it, didn't you?
Two years ago our school district asked for a budget exceeding the cap. We voted it down - twice! The whiny spendthrifts  are still reeling from defeat.
View Quote

That's with the Stars smoke and mirrors.

Stay tuned

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/taxpayers-more-pension-burdens-headed-your-way/ar-AAdXUkP?li=BBieTUX&ocid=LENDHP
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay tuned

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/taxpayers-more-pension-burdens-headed-your-way/ar-AAdXUkP?li=BBieTUX&ocid=LENDHP
Eventually one of two things will happen: 1) the entire system will collapse upon itself and municipal bankruptcy will finally become a reality with the discharge of debts and pension obligations or 2) they will confiscate every taxpayer dollar and property they can get their hands on to make the pension system whole as they are supposed to under various state constitutions that forbid any changes to the pension system for current recipients.  As it is now, if New York State had a $100 billion pension short fall, we taxpayers have to fill that hole even if it means turning over our entire years salary to the state.  I see no loophole in the current regulations that limit that liability.  If there is, please show it to me.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Eventually one of two things will happen: 1) the entire system will collapse upon itself and municipal bankruptcy will finally become a reality with the discharge of debts and pension obligations or 2) they will confiscate every taxpayer dollar and property they can get their hands on to make the pension system whole as they are supposed to under various state constitutions that forbid any changes to the pension system for current recipients.  As it is now, if New York State had a $100 billion pension short fall, we taxpayers have to fill that hole even if it means turning over our entire years salary to the state.  I see no loophole in the current regulations that limit that liability.  If there is, please show it to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay tuned

Hahaha under various state constitutions that forbid any changes to the pension system for current recipients  yea just like nys bill of rights in regards to gun ownership.. Never say never.

Look at Detriot  dont ever assume the money will be there period. It can be gone at the drop of the hat..
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hahaha under various state constitutions that forbid any changes to the pension system for current recipients  yea just like nys bill of rights in regards to gun ownership.. Never say never.

Look at Detriot  dont ever assume the money will be there period. It can be gone at the drop of the hat..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay tuned

When all the money is gone that's when it gets ugly and owning a fire arm may just save your life...
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay tuned

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay tuned

To begin with, firearm rights in New York State ARE NOT guaranteed in the New York State constitution.  They are "guaranteed" in the New York Civil Rights Law art. II, § 4.  Government ignores laws with impunity when it suits them but ignoring the constitution can be a bit more involved though we see that ignored every day too now.  It would be a simple matter to change the civil rights law through a bill introduced in both the Assembly and Senate to remove firearms rights from New Yorl State law.  It is not so easy to amend our constitution.

Second, trying to adjust pension payments will have both the public employees and politicians against it because they are both players in the system and would lose.  Therefore, no politician is going to support changes to the pension system that would affect them including a proposal to remove the pension guarantee from Article V, Section 7 of the state constitution.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#36]
got mine today.  $1545.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
got mine today.  $1545.  

View Quote

SS or state pension?
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

SS or state pension?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
got mine today.  $1545.  

SS or state pension?

No.  
Taxes r cheap in this part of NY compared to much of the state.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
got mine today.  $1545.  

SS or state pension?

No.  

Got ya.
I was saying to myself that's not a pension. Down here I'm use to seeing people with pensions of over $100,000 +/- yr that is not including their social security. How anyone can afford to live here is amazing enslaved to the system and not even realizing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top