Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't hit a salmon with a pick up truck  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, this is looking more & more like a standard ARFCOM fishing trip?
The kind where we'll be eating all the fresh fish we can buy?
Can't hit a salmon with a pick up truck  

when are you going to take up fly fishing?

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is that EdB?

I can't tell because of the hood
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who needs a truck?

https://i.imgur.com/smdc2OA.gif

Is that EdB?

too thin to be a member of the NYHTF

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I think we just got outed from NYHTF!

Now we can catch some fish!
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who needs a truck?

Is that EdB?

Well there goes any fucking  sympathy  I had for Mr. One stone....
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who needs a truck?

Is that EdB?

Wanna rub it for me
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
OK here we come.  Departing at 0230 - thats 7 hours from now. We expect to be fishing by 10 AM. Although we dont normally fish the big river we are what would be most definitely very low or down by the estuary area. We usually run up to Altmar to check the LFZ/bridge and sometimes fly fish there. My friend Jack swings a Thomas Hardy split bamboo fly fod that actually belongs in a damn museum rather than on the river but I give him credit for using it. Cell service is spotty but would love to hook up for lunch at the Altmar hotel or for a half a chicken at Colosse cheese

Brad I hope you can hobble around post OP - would love to kook up again for a burger and a beer. You have my # and let me know when and if you're on the river. I expect to be posting a picture of my first fish by 10:30!!!!
Tight lines everyone
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OK here we come.  Departing at 0230 - thats 7 hours from now. We expect to be fishing by 10 AM. Although we dont normally fish the big river we are what would be most definitely very low or down by the estuary area. We usually run up to Altmar to check the LFZ/bridge and sometimes fly fish there. My friend Jack swings a Thomas Hardy split bamboo fly fod that actually belongs in a damn museum rather than on the river but I give him credit for using it. Cell service is spotty but would love to hook up for lunch at the Altmar hotel or for a half a chicken at Colosse cheese

Brad I hope you can hobble around post OP - would love to kook up again for a burger and a beer. You have my # and let me know when and if you're on the river. I expect to be posting a picture of my first fish by 10:30!!!!
Tight lines everyone
View Quote

Lunch on friday in altmar?   I'll call or text you
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
good luck tomorrow guys. post lots of pics so I know weather I should come up this weekend, or stay home and  bowhunt.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope you are having better better luck up there than we are here in Rochester.  Didn't see a single one caught in the few hours I was down at the creek mouth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Fishing sucked.

There are fish around but its not good, less fish this time than even last year

More goons on the river than fish
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#16]
At O'dark thirty our fearless guide led us to a spot in the river with fish all around frolicking & splashing.
You haven't lived until you're standing in the river in the pitch dark, with salmon trying to tackle your ass before the fishing starts.
Unfortunately, the goons in question, just upstream, started snagging early and tromping their prey right through the spot we had camped on.
On the bright side, we learned that coffee & Guinness are a brilliant combination.

Seriously, Ciraxis, thank you for taking us out there. Much appreciated, especially while you were hurting!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At O'dark thirty our fearless guide led us to a spot in the river with fish all around frolicking & splashing.
You haven't lived until you're standing in the river in the pitch dark, with salmon trying to tackle your ass before the fishing starts.
Unfortunately, the goons in question, just upstream, started snagging early and tromping their prey right through the spot we had camped on.
On the bright side, we learned that coffee & Guinness are a brilliant combination.

Seriously, Ciraxis, thank you for taking us out there. Much appreciated, especially while you were hurting!  
View Quote

I wish i could have put you guys on more fish, but I genuinely enjoyed both of your company, and yes beer and coffee is a great way to start the day.

Again sorry i couldnt do too much hiking or even fishing really.   I hope you werent too discouraged and that you'll come up again some time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice hooking up with you goodorbit and Ciraxis for lunch.  It was the best hookup we had all weekend.

We boated 5 fish on thursday - everything looked good right out of the gate.  Not on fire but there were fish rolling and we were on them.

Then it stopped.  And Rained - ALOT.
We caught 2 fish the entire day Friday and fished hard in the pouring rain.  Honestly, I dont think we had as slow a year in over 10-15 years.
More of the same on Saturday.  Not a bump, tickle, run off or hook up.  It was so bad we pulled the boat Saturday at 4pm and watched football.
7 Hours to get home (Cross Bronx was a bucket of ass...).  At least we had an awesome steak dinner at the Eis House in Mexico......
Saturday and Sunday town pool was overflowing with people.  Combat fishing at its finest.  Thank God we dont fish like that anymore.
Seems like the fish were running smaller this year.  We caught some slobs out of our catch but the majority seemed small.  We get 2 fish
smoked and picked them up on Sunday morning.  Guy at the cleaning station said things were getting busier and it seemed like there were more
fish coming in - probably due to more people fishing than a good run and that advice comes from a fish store so take it for what it's worth.  I think
weve been getting spoiled over the last 10 years there have been times we boated 40 fish in a day..........
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nice hooking up with you goodorbit and Ciraxis for lunch.  It was the best hookup we had all weekend.

We boated 5 fish on thursday - everything looked good right out of the gate.  Not on fire but there were fish rolling and we were on them.

Then it stopped.  And Rained - ALOT.
We caught 2 fish the entire day Friday and fished hard in the pouring rain.  Honestly, I dont think we had as slow a year in over 10-15 years.
More of the same on Saturday.  Not a bump, tickle, run off or hook up.  It was so bad we pulled the boat Saturday at 4pm and watched football.
7 Hours to get home (Cross Bronx was a bucket of ass...).  At least we had an awesome steak dinner at the Eis House in Mexico......
Saturday and Sunday town pool was overflowing with people.  Combat fishing at its finest.  Thank God we dont fish like that anymore.
Seems like the fish were running smaller this year.  We caught some slobs out of our catch but the majority seemed small.  We get 2 fish
smoked and picked them up on Sunday morning.  Guy at the cleaning station said things were getting busier and it seemed like there were more
fish coming in - probably due to more people fishing than a good run and that advice comes from a fish store so take it for what it's worth.  I think
weve been getting spoiled over the last 10 years there have been times we boated 40 fish in a day..........
View Quote

was great to meet up, beer drinking was about the only good thing going on

I am starting to miss the years of "normal" fishing really bad.  I heard too that fishing is starting to pick up, I'm going to stop back up next week to check things out, there were way too many guys there this past weekend.   Glad I didn't fish sunday
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
  I hope you werent too discouraged and that you'll come up again some time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Brother, you looked the most discouraged of all. No worries it was genuinely a great time to hang out with you!

Quoted:

Could not agree with this more!
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Brother, you looked the most discouraged of all. No worries it was genuinely a great time to hang out with you!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just wanted you guys to get into fish, I was a bit bummed out not being able to move around that much, if I was doing better I would have dragged you all over.

I had a good time despite the lack of fish and pain, company could have been prettier but you can't have everything
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#22]
At least you got something to show for it

You got real intimate with this tree
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You got real intimate with this tree
View Quote

Biggest catch of the day. 30ft Maple!

There's at least a half dozen flies of mine in that sucker.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Ahhhhh...  The infamous tree trout.  I've caught eleventy billion of them.  No pictures though.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Seems like the day the pictures were taken was a nice day!

Honestly, the colors on the trees, being on the water (in the water usually for me ) and the company of you guys is enough to guarantee a good day, even if ggod O and Zoomer are the only ones who caught fish  

View Quote

well I did hook it for him

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#27]
You're right on, Ed. The last place we fished was spectacular.

Just to prove he's still in the action:

Can you hear him muttering???

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

well I did hook snagg it for him

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#29]
WTF ? CAMEL TOE in that last pic..
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
WTF ? CAMEL TOE in that last pic..
View Quote

You mean moose knuckle
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#31]
a friend and I went up on Sunday and was into fish almost non stop till about 11am. then it was like a switch and no more fish coming up. I fought about 6 or so and he had on a bunch more. he landed a nice king but I couldn't get the ones I had on to the net with all the people. the fish we had on were fresh fish and had a lot of fight. I straightened a couple #2 hooks.

this was upstream where we was...

downstream....

pretty thick with people but we all got along pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That is just too many people for my liking
View Quote

Yup, that's mayhem!

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup, that's mayhem!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is just too many people for my liking

Yup, that's mayhem!

Which is why i didnt take you there, fishing can be great but fuck the crowds.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Well thanks, but,,,
bet I could  have hooked any number of those fuckers!

You saw how I worked the trees!
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top