Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2015 10:21:05 PM EDT
Guys,

My nephew just showed me the SU 16 on the internet.

Any of you use this as your NY legal rifle?

If so, please share your opinion of it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they are . I fingered one last sunday along with a acs, saiga, and ar with the ugly stick.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes they are . I fingered one last sunday along with a acs, saiga, and ar with the ugly stick.  

View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#3]
my cousin has one.  its decent.  not great, but it is accurate and reliable.

I've been wanting one for a while but havent gotten around to getting one yet.  Local shops are a rip as they always charge full msrp or more for them.  you can get them on GB for a lot less.

I think the best part is the fact that it folds in half so it'd fit nice and easy behind the back seat in my truck.  

Just be careful when ordering, you need one with no muzzle device and the one that folds in half, NOT the one with the underfolding stock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
I see I'm having an impact of calling the thordsen stock rifles ugly sticks...

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://i39.tinypic.com/rkxx7l.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i39.tinypic.com/rkxx7l.jpg

Please stop posting that. It's unbearable to behold.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Might make an OK truck gun, but ugh... Keltec.  The non-captive stock pin, plastic receiver/rail/sights, and chintsy bipod do not inspire confidence.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Do yourself a favor and get an Ares Scr!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll also chime in with the Ares SCR suggestion.

It is the best option, no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a su16 pretty cheap last year.  Fun to shoot.  Easy to clean.  Pretty accurate for what it is.  My dad wants one now but can't seem to find one in stock locally.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#10]
There is one in roscoe by at big dog but I think he want 550.00 for it if I remember correctly
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#11]
two of my toys on display at BPS in Auburn

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's with the stock (or thereof) on the Spur one?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#13]
It was a build in progress then I brought it to demonstrate the modularity of the msr platform and the spur as a method of compliance....it's an 18" match ss rainier barrelled spr now...sexy rifle.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the ugly stick.... ??. It's not bad but hard to engage or disengage the saftey
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's the ugly stick.... ??. It's not bad but hard to engage or disengage the saftey
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the other one (the Spur is the grip that only comes down to the bottom of the trigger guard.)  

I have one of the "ugly sticks" (FRS-15) and an ambi-selector makes that issue non-existent.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The  Ares SCR is the way to go really like mine with the 458 socom for hunting in NY
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Spur & Hook work well together...

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Spur & Hook work well together...

http://i62.tinypic.com/rc22dg.jpg

View Quote

Yeah.

I'm currently using this set up on one of my rifles
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#20]
With all of the legal attacks against 2A, what is legal today just might be illegal tomorrow.

Know that the guns you have TODAY might need to last an entire lifetime. Keltec's have cool designs but are not known for long term durability or high round count longevity.

For a NY legal rifle I would buy an Ares SCR, or a Saiga Sporter. Then I would look at the mini-14/30, M1 Carbine, the SKS, and the M1 Garand.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
With all of the legal attacks against 2A, what is legal today just might be illegal tomorrow.

Know that the guns you have TODAY might need to last an entire lifetime. Keltec's have cool designs but are not known for long term durability or high round count longevity.

For a NY legal rifle I would buy an Ares SCR, or a Saiga Sporter. Then I would look at the mini-14/30, M1 Carbine, the SKS, and the M1 Garand.

View Quote

Interesting. Thank you.

I've been looking to break in my C&R by getting something like an SKS.

We shall see
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I've said a few times that the ugly stick lives up to it's name, but damn if it doesn't shoulder well. If you're used to "traditional" stocked rifles, it feels absolutely natural to hold. If I had the money to build an AR right now, that would probably be the way I'd go.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I believe the FRS to be the best option.  The only issue i know of is the long safety reach...but as a southpaw...well i lucked out

plus i am still a little sketched out with the proprietary BCG with the SCR.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Interesting. Thank you.

We shall see
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Thank you.

We shall see

I thought C&R rifles still had to go to a regular FFL, this making a 03FFL effectively worthelss.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I thought C&R rifles still had to go to a regular FFL, this making a 03FFL effectively worthelss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Thank you.

We shall see

Yes they do gotta love NYS...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Thank you.

We shall see

My brother has had his C&R since before the unSafe act....and he's been taking direct delivery of Mausers and SKSs ever since.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Thank you.

We shall see

Negative
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Negative
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. Thank you.

We shall see

Negative

Cool
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Do yourself a favor and get an Ares Scr!
View Quote
Please, please take this advise!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top