Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2015 9:07:28 AM EDT

ALBANY, NY (08/04/2015)(readMedia)-- NYPD statistics showing a 10% increase in murders is more evidence that the SAFE Act has not made New York City any safer for residents.

"Two months ago the NYPD acknowledged a nearly 20% increase in shootings for the year," NYSRPA President Tom King said.
 "Now they are reporting murders are up 10% over the same period last
year.  How much more proof do we need to show that Governor Cuomo's
so-called SAFE Act is having the exact opposite effect on crime
supporters said it would?  It is high time for the Governor and members
of the legislature to admit they made a mistake and take corrective
legal action."

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You really believe they passed SAFE to reduce crime?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Of course not, but Cuomo used that line repeatedly and I want to remind everyone of that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Cuomo's response would be that the guns are coming from outside the state (probably true) and that ALL states need to enact SAFE.

What he forgot (and the courts forgot) is SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.   I don't care if the murder rate of NYC tops Baltimore, 2A means "find a different way to solve your problem"

I wonder, of the NYC (and Baltimore, etc.) murders, how many of the killers are convicted felons?  HINT:  I'm betting a lot.  The problem isn't guns it's our failed legal system, duh.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cuomo's response would be that the guns are coming from outside the state (probably true) and that ALL states need to enact SAFE.

View Quote

This!  In fact, the argument will probably be, and hard to dispute unfortunately, that without SAFE the numbers would be even worse than the current increase being seen.  A lot of it I am sure has to do with the abandonment of stop-and-frisk, which I was not a fan of, but seemed to be the lesser of the evils.  I would hate to live in a place where everyone felt they had to CCW but I would take that over living in a place where only the thugs carried and the rest of us were at their mercy.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Laws don't really do anything if your cops are just smiling and waving.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

My first thought.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My first thought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first thought.
given the way that NYC railroads them for just about everything, I don't blame them one bit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Of course un-SAFE is working, just not the way one would expect or how it was sold as....an un-armed Society is more reliant upon the Government for protection (which requires more money and control) as well as reducing the populace. I don't give a fuck how many times the politicians whine about public safety and keeping people alive, it doesn't fit in the plan.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You really believe they passed SAFE to reduce crime?

View Quote

This........it had nothing to do with reducing crime
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
SAFE act wasn't rammed in for NYC. It was for everyone who enjoyed the freedoms outside of NYC in the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top