Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2015 10:14:41 PM EDT
No I WONT be that guy to contact the SP directly to ask, but is there any official word on it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Captain. Since I am the guy who makes them, I will tell you all the info there is to know. There is no letter of compliance. Not for the NY10, or for any of the various grips  or stocks. They are clear in that no letter of compliance will be issued  period. I spoke with the head council and described what I wanted to do.He agreed to have me send a sample for them to look at. I did, along with a letter of description and I also said in the letter that if for any reason they were against it, I would not offer it for sale. They kept the sample for a little over a year, and returned it to me. Not one peep. I have sent a little over 105 receivers in the last 5 months. There has been not one issue reported to date.  That is as much as anyone knows. Craig
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Golf is for girlie men

ARs are for real men

Pick and choose

ETA unless your idea of golf is shooting golf balls with your AR, then golf is for real men.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Op, you don't understand how our legal system works.  The state police have no duty to say whether someone hint is legal.

The ny 10 clearly falls outside of the law. In America anything that isn't against the law is legal.  Therefore it is legal. That being said could some cop that doesn't know or understand the law arrest you?  Of course.  Could some da that hates guns charge you even though you didn't break the law?  Of course. Could you sue the shit out of them for false prosecution and win a monetary damages?  Yes , look at Nassau county and that cunt Kathleen rice.

Courts interpret the law not the state police so unless someone gets arrested and goes to court then wins we won't know for sure whether it is legal or illegal but if something clearly doesn't violate the law that makes it legal.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
If this state were not so screwed up, the State Attorney General would issue a letter like they do in California that legally states what is and is not permissible.  That is why Californian's got the Bullet Button and caused the legislature to then close that so called "loophole".  At least you knew in California, at the time, you were legal because the state said so.  Not so here in New York where you are at the mercy of the DA in whatever jurisdiction you are located.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There will never be official word on anything. n.y state wants to end gun ownership, they aren't going to help you comply with the law, they want you to be afraid and take up golf instead  
View Quote

This........//thread
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Captain. Since I am the guy who makes them, I will tell you all the info there is to know. There is no letter of compliance. Not for the NY10, or for any of the various grips  or stocks. They are clear in that no letter of compliance will be issued  period. I spoke with the head council and described what I wanted to do.He agreed to have me send a sample for them to look at. I did, along with a letter of description and I also said in the letter that if for any reason they were against it, I would not offer it for sale. They kept the sample for a little over a year, and returned it to me. Not one peep. I have sent a little over 105 receivers in the last 5 months. There has been not one issue reported to date.  That is as much as anyone knows. Craig
View Quote

Thanks brother.  That is pretty much what I  was expecting.

It seems like every other area of law is well defined and identified but gun laws are intentionally vague.

In any case, do you have a store front or whatever or are you selling them in the vendor's section?  Where might I look for ordering info?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Op, you don't understand how our legal system works.  The state police have no duty to say whether someone hint is legal.

The ny 10 clearly falls outside of the law. In America anything that isn't against the law is legal.  Therefore it is legal. That being said could some cop that doesn't know or understand the law arrest you?  Of course.  Could some da that hates guns charge you even though you didn't break the law?  Of course. Could you sue the shit out of them for false prosecution and win a monetary damages?  Yes , look at Nassau county and that cunt Kathleen rice.

Courts interpret the law not the state police so unless someone gets arrested and goes to court then wins we won't know for sure whether it is legal or illegal but if something clearly doesn't violate the law that makes it legal.
View Quote

Interestingly if you read PL265 to the letter, there is an interesting absence of legality listed for a VERY common firearm that pretty much every gun shop in NY currently has on their shelves right now...   I could be wrong, in fact home I am wrong, but what do I know.... All I know is its stupid to raise the question (sig brace, ranch hand, et al).

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Golf is for girlie men

ARs are for real men

Pick and choose

ETA unless your idea of golf is shooting golf balls with your AR, then golf is for real men.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys are still worried about this BS Law? I will never shoot a neutered AR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Calif. did not issue a letter of compliance for the bullet button. When the law was originally written in 2000, there is a clause in the law that states that if it requires the use of a special tool to remove the magazine, then it is classified as non detachable. The next clause says that a bullet is considered a special tool. In 2001 I met with the reps for the AG. I tried to get a letter of compliance for a receiver that I specifically machined for a bullet button. They would have no part of it, even though the law read differently. I then did the FAB 10 with the fixed mag. They gave me a letter of compliance for that. Whar eventually happened was some attorney donated their time and there were a couple law suits brought against the DOJ. After the DOJ lost a few rounds, they said ok ok ok, will will follow the letter of the law. That is what happened. 2 years ago it looked like maybe the bullet button was going bye bye. Surprisingly our Gov. did not sign it. The NY10 was going to be the CA 10. I developed it just in case. Since I was already half way thru the patent process, I finished it just in case for the future. They will never give up. Calif made it very clear that they will never issue another letter of compliance again. I am one of only 2 ever issued. From that stand point, Calif is no better off than NY. The one thing I do no for a fact is that ATF considers a permanent alteration as one that requires drilling, grinding or machining in order to reverse the alteration. It can not be just the simple use of tools. The NY10 requires drilling, grinding or machining to remove the mag, unless you chain it to your bumpers and rip it a part. Having been down this road before, I have tried to be as thorough as I can. I still have someone in NY working on getting it to the AG's office.Believe me, I do not want anyone having to share a cell with BUBBA.  Craig
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:09:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Any update on a .308 version?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There will never be official word on anything. n.y state wants to end gun ownership, they aren't going to help you comply with the law, they want you to be afraid and take up golf instead  
View Quote

I hate golf.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#14]
The Safe Act is a bullshit  illegal made up law. Its unconstitutional. This is not what our founders had in mind. You have a few politicians dictating to the people based on PC. Fuck everyone one of them. I'll obey the law but I will not submit to a militaristic government crushing the peoples freedom . Fuck off

Edit: spelling
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
My opinion which isn't worth a rats ass. It meets the letter of the law its non detachable. It also meets intent of the law which is not being able to quickly reload and keep firing your homing bullets.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Should have could have maybe this maybe that? Talk about inventing the wheel oh yeah we have some real fucking winners in Albany.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#17]
so where do i go to order a NY10 lower?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I have 2 coming......

Will post pics

Joezeta
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I have mine coming right now.
Talked to Fred at Highland where mine is coming in and he said he had three lowers there of someone's that they haven't come in for yet.
Someone forget their order?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top