Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2015 11:30:06 AM EDT
Just figured I'd post this in here in case anyone want to show up to their opening day.  They're located a 1235 State Route 332, in Farmington.  Just down the road from the old Arfcom building.  They'll be open at 9:00 AM.  Yes, there will be cookies.  

Tim, the owner used to work at ProGun in Victor, and at Creekside before that.

They are in the same building that Liberty Guns was in.  Seems like a good location, since there's no Liberty, no ProGun, and no Arfcom in the area anymore.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Best way to stay in business is to not be a "dick" even when the customers are.
Be cautious, competitive, and conscientious.
Know your products and lastly you cannot do business with people that have no money.
Give us an update on the Shop.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Tim has always treated me well.  When shopping for a 45 he spent many hours over many visits going over various 45s with me, letting me handle them, etc.

He's bootstrapping this venture, so it will take time to build inventory.  He is pretty savvy because the guns he did order are high-demand and presumably good profit, without being mundane.  He's also put his personal collection up for sale.

He's also taking consignments, so if you have any unloved arms take them up there.

I've already made my first purchase there, and it's not officially open!

Won't be able to make it for opening moment, but I'll be in soon.   Give him some business and give him a chance!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been in there 3 times already.    I also work with his wife, so I get to hear about all the news and stress about starting a business.  Some people ask why open one in NY?  Well, there are still people here that need and want gun shops.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody have a phone number?
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody have a phone number?
View Quote

585-924-5879

I stopped in last Friday to poke around and ask a few questions.  Seems like a nice guy and decent setup.  Only time will tell if he gets any of my business.  The consignment percentage was a bit high for me to just run home and bring him anything.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
They seem to be doing pretty good so far.  I keep hearing about all the orders they're placing, the guns coming in and going out... Not cheap to open that store up, I can understand why the consignment might be a little higher than what some would want.  It's still going to be a while before they can even break even with what they've invested into the business.

ETA:  If you see this car there, that's me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top