Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 4:48:52 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good place to get a stainless barrel bead blasted in or near Steuben County?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
probably cheaper to buy a horrible fraught blasting cabinet and do it yourself..
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:14:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Not by a long shot.

Even if you buy a cheap cabinet (and media) , unless you already have a LARGE compressor with sufficient CFM's, it'll almost be cheaper to buy a whole 'nother rifle. Bead blasters need a lot of recovery.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't have any specific recommendations, but look for a place that does powder coating. They'll have the necessary tools.

(And there is No Damn Way it's cheaper to buy a HF cabinet. I had two barrels blasted out here for $20. Total.)
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright Gentlemen. Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
We have a local place that does sandblasting, would bet you have on too, just not sure if they do bead blasting and would do a rifle barrel.

Also, there is a place in Geneva that does cerakote - bet the do bead blasting Tarjac maybe? might be in Waterloo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to send it to me, I will just do it for you. It takes less than 5 minutes. I use both glass and aluminum oxide. It depends on how dull a matt finish you want. I use the aluminum oxide on my barrels before I parkerize. I gives a deeper bite. Craig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top