Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2015 2:57:39 PM EDT
Someone tell me why 4-6 week wait times is acceptable for license amendments in Westchester county. I applied for and was approved for a pennsylvania license in less time than it is taking just to be able to go pick up a new gun I purchased in my home state. So ridiculous. This place sucks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you ever get a straight answer, let us know. I lived in Tompkins and it was 'when the judge gets to it' - usually 3-5 weeks. I moved to Schuyler and changed my permit over and they gave me a purchase coupon to keep with me and amendments were done after the fact in the clerk's office, while-you-wait.

... and now I'm out in here in free America, where there are no purchase coupons and I can shake hands in a parking lot and cash'n'carry.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You need a judge to approve amendments? I waited in line at the clerks office longer than it took to add my pistol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup. Buy your gun, get your serial number, fill out and send in amendment paperwork to county. Then it gets sent to judge to get signed off on. Then they send you a new license with the new gun on it. THEN you can go get your new gun. Month wait minimum.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to the shop, paid off my pistol, got the receipt, took it to the office, they added it right there, print the coupon, verify the serial number, and pay the $3. I waited until the next day to to back and pick it up because my girlfriend wanted to go with me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you ever get a straight answer, let us know. I lived in Tompkins and it was 'when the judge gets to it' - usually 3-5 weeks. I moved to Schuyler and changed my permit over and they gave me a purchase coupon to keep with me and amendments were done after the fact in the clerk's office, while-you-wait.

... and now I'm out in here in free America, where there are no purchase coupons and I can shake hands in a parking lot and cash'n'carry.
View Quote

"Memories...all alone in the moooonn lliigghhttt"
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
10 minutes in the clerk's office in the OC.    They're all smiles and stuff.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Walked in and out of my clerk's office with my coupon stamped with the judge's signature.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went to the shop, paid off my pistol, got the receipt, took it to the office, they added it right there, print the coupon, verify the serial number, and pay the $3. I waited until the next day to to back and pick it up because my girlfriend wanted to go with me.
View Quote

That's how it works in Monroe County.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
My worst wait time in wastechester county was almost 9 weeks, best was 2..  average is about 3-4 weeks.  Its completely absurd that this process varies from county to county.  I cant even express how angering it is.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
10 minutes in the clerk's office in the OC.    They're all smiles and stuff.
View Quote

What is the "OC"?...  not orange county... ours is a drop the paperwork off and wait for it to be mailed back to you..
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I have to call and make an appointment to an answering machine, then wait for them to call me back at their convenience which is 100% of the time while I'm at work or driving and cannot get back to them. So usually I end up playing phone tag with them for about a week to try and make an appointment to get my amendment.

A couple of times I have gotten lucky and have been able to answer the phone to give all my info, and was able to get an appointment within a couple of days.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Why don't you file a lawsuit against Westchester County for violating your 2nd Amendment rights?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Someone tell me why 4-6 week wait times is acceptable for license amendments in Westchester county. I applied for and was approved for a Pennsylvania license in less time than it is taking just to be able to go pick up a new gun I purchased in my home state. So ridiculous. This place sucks.
View Quote

yep PA is pro-gun heaven outside of Philly..

The kicker for me was the front and back one page for all the questions for the permit. The way it should be..  Not this BS we have here in NYS.. Its not a right at all in this State..

They need to start treating the liberals/communist the same way they do with guns for everything they want to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top