Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2015 9:28:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
but but I just got a letter from Defrancisco crowing about the Senate bill.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but but I just got a letter from Defrancisco crowing about the Senate bill.
View Quote

Me too.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Surprise!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The rent is too damn high.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Surprise!!! it s a ny state republican fucking you

I'm not very surprised
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I just had a half our call with a representative from Senator John J. Bonacic office..
The short story is that he does not have the balls to even propose a full safe act repeal, or even have the respect for his constituents to hold fast on refusing a rent control extension, until such a time that a safe act repeal is introduced...

He is to worried about how the news could make the Republicans out to be the bad guys..

It was stated that we should be happy with the partial repeal (that gave us nothing) that passed the senate last week, because that's all were going to get..

I say BULLSH!T!!!!
Every Republican senator should hold fast on rent control...
NO REPEAL OF THE SAFE ACT.... NO RENT CONTROL EXTENSION..... PERIOD!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just had a half our call with a representative from Senator John J. Bonacic office..
The short story is that he does not have the balls to even propose a full safe act repeal, or even have the respect for his constituents to hold fast on refusing a rent control extension, until such a time that a safe act repeal is introduced...

He is to worried about how the news could make the Republicans out to be the bad guys..

It was stated that we should be happy with the partial repeal (that gave us nothing) that passed the senate last week, because that's all were going to get..

I say BULLSH!T!!!!
View Quote

What a spineless weasel cunt.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I say BULLSH!T!!!!
View Quote

That's a national epidemic.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Cowardly fucks. Nothing like holding four aces and folding...
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, it's crazy!  This political correctness bullshit has everyone scared to speak.  Republicans are afraid to do anything.  Until the party grows a set, expect the same.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No pot for them to rake in anymore with Preet on the lookout.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]
The press releases and the videos the Senate GOPers released after they passed their one-house bill should be shoved up their asses.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I say BULLSH!T!!!!
View Quote

Well apparently calling out a politician out on thier bullshit and lies, gets you banned from thier facebook..

That is two now

cuomo banned me first, bonacic has banned me now
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's how it works:
Rino that knows he's in trouble with constituents but won't veer from the Party agenda or Leadership comes out thumping his chest about how he's going to do this and that, all the while knowing when the time comes his proposals will be shot down, but he can still claim to have done something. Sure you can ask, threaten, and cajole all you want knowing full well the Bosses have the final say; but at least you get to save face in eyes of those who sent you by saying "hey, I tried to get it repealed but was voted down".....Is this not what they  did when un-SAFE was being considered? OK, we have enough votes to pass; all you Conservatives, and everyone else can vote "NO" to save your collective asses.
THIS is just another reason why they all have to be replaced by election and term limits.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I say BULLSH!T!!!!
View Quote

Rent control is a Down-State issue that Up-State cares nothing about, inversely un-SAFE is an issue Up-State cares about, but not the Down-State crowd....you'd think with all the tit-for-tat they'd see  opportunity, but they're all afraid of Herr Cuomo.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Spineless Rino bastards strike again.  More worried about bad press than representing the wishes of their constituents.  I thought better of John Bonacic.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rent control is a Down-State issue that Up-State cares nothing about, inversely un-SAFE is an issue Up-State cares about, but not the Down-State crowd....you'd think with all the tit-for-tat they'd see  opportunity, but they're all afraid of Herr Cuomo.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say BULLSH!T!!!!

Bullshit I'm a downstater and I care deeply, and I don't give a fuck about rent control....
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bullshit I'm a downstater and I care deeply, and I don't give a fuck about rent control....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say BULLSH!T!!!!

One in how many million???
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say BULLSH!T!!!!

Mainly NYC numbers wise.  Southern Westchester (below I287) has its own RGB, if I'm not mistaken but yes, generally speaking it is a down state issue.

If the rest of the state knew how much they were subsidizing in rent alone, forget the Weatherization Programs and DHPD Green program, they would flip out!
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#21]
The republican party is a total farce at the state and federal levels.  They make noise about standing up to 0, but at the end of the day they go along with him.  They are complicit in what that a-hole is doing to this country.  The ny republicans have to be the worst of the lot.  They are the a-holes that allowed safe to happen, so I would never trust one of those worthless traitors to do anything to repeal of modify it in a favorable way for us.

There is no republican party'; it's all just a show put on by politicians playing a game to enrich themselves at the expense of our money and freedom.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Spineless Rino bastards strike again.  More worried about bad press than representing the wishes of their constituents.  I thought better of John Bonacic.
View Quote

We thought the same of Dean Skelos and look what that go us.  
I have always said and will continue to say "They've ALL go to go!" Replace them all at every election...no more "my guy's different, he's yada, yada, yada...."  
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Generalization; there are ALWAYS exceptions....do you really think those representing Manhattan give a fat-flying-phuck about the North Country? (unless it has something to do with their cottage/cabin)  Likewise, there isn't any Rent Control here, hence few if any care about it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have always said and will continue to say "They've ALL go to go!" Replace them all at every election...no more "my guy's different, he's yada, yada, yada...."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Replace them all every election is the correct answer at the state level.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, we just tried that.  Skelos was re-elected.   The Vote is not the answer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sadly we know in our hearts the answer, we just haven't been pushed to the point of no return, gone hungry long enough, or been allowed to arise from our stupor.
Pray for the best, prepair for the worst; it's coming.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sadly we know in our hearts the answer, we just haven't been pushed to the point of no return, gone hungry long enough, or been allowed to arise from our stupor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's hope most of get smart enough to MOVE before it's too late.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's my plan, but they'll still keep pushing stuff at the national level
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's my plan, but they'll still keep pushing stuff at the national leve
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As much as I want to change things in New York State, I prefer to fight to keep these stupid laws from being implemented at the national level like the old 1994-2004 AWB.  That way we still have the "free states" to enjoy.  Of course that pisses off the blue states like New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and California that claim all their problems are due to the free states "lax" laws.  Every time Chuck Schumer stands up in front of a camera I have to wonder what dumb New York law he wants to share with the rest of the country.  When I eventually get out of New York, I will definitely write to my new Senator's every time "Chuckie" proposes some new Federal law and explain to them I left New York to get away from that cr_p.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As much as I want to change things in New York State, I prefer to fight to keep these stupid laws from being implemented at the national level like the old 1994-2004 AWB.  That way we still have the "free states" to enjoy.  Of course that pisses off the blue states like New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and California that claim all their problems are due to the free states "lax" laws.  Every time Chuck Schumer stands up in front of a camera I have to wonder what dumb New York law he wants to share with the rest of the country.  When I eventually get out of New York, I will definitely write to my new Senator's every time "Chuckie" proposes some new Federal law and explain to them I left New York to get away from that cr_p.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Often I read welecomes from people in other States to those exiling from NY just so long as they don't try and make their Free State into NY
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Often I read welecomes from people in other States to those exiling from NY just so long as they don't try and make their Free State into NY
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course no sooner to do I post my "op ed" piece here and "Chuckie" is again in the news:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/schumer-new-push-gun-control-regs-article-1.2274569

Sen. Chuck Schumer vows major push to get gun control legislation through Congress

Sen. Chuck Schumer vowed Sunday to make a major push to get new gun
control legislation through Congress, connecting the Charleston massacre
to other mass killings that have rocked the country.

"Everyone in the world scratches their heads and says what is wrong
with America here,” Schumer (D-N.Y.) said, listing the Newtown, Conn.;
Aurora, Colo., and Virginia Tech mass killings.

Schumer proposed three components of "common-sense” legislation:
increasing the strength of gun background checks, particularly to weed
out mentally ill individuals; requiring background checks at gun shows,
and cracking down on the flow of guns from the South to cities in the
Northeast.

---

Thankfully a strong pro-2A cadre of candidates was voted in the last election cycle so I think it is safe (is it every really safe?) to say that his proposals are DOA for now.  I am all for improving mental health records as long as due process is followed and there is a real appeals process and not some kangaroo court.  As we see now, many veterans are being rubber stamped "crazy" and losing their rights without so much as a hearing or appeal.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I have an ignore button for laws that violate my rights.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top