Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2015 10:13:46 AM EDT
Video indicates Pataki to run for 2016 GOP presidential nomination

Former New York Gov. George Pataki confirmed in a video early Thursday that he would seek the 2016 Republican nomination for president.

The three-and-a-half-minute video posted to his campaign website featured an anti-big government message, "Washington has grown too big, too powerful, too expensive, and too intrusive," and highlighted Pataki's role as governor of New York following the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

"We have always understood that we have a common background and a common destiny, and when we stand together, we can accomplish anything," Pataki says in the video. "I saw that on the streets of New York in the days and weeks after September 11."

At the end of the video, a graphic says, "Pataki for President."

Pataki would be the eighth Republican candidate to announce his run for the White House, and does so one day after former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum launched his second presidential campaign. Pataki was scheduled to speak Thursday in Exeter, N.H., which served as the state capital during the Revolutionary War and claims to be the birthplace of the Republican Party.

Pataki, 69, has worked as a lawyer and opened a consulting firm since leaving office in 2006. He's been a frequent visitor to the early nominating states of Iowa and New Hampshire over the years, and has made more than half a dozen trips to New Hampshire this year alone as he explored a 2016 campaign. His earlier efforts never resulted in a full-fledged campaign, however.

Clearly a longshot in the GOP field, Pataki has cited his electoral success in a heavily Democratic state — he knocked off liberal icon Mario Cuomo to become governor in 1994 — and ability to work with Democrats as among his strengths. But he's spent recent months promoting his conservative credentials.

In an earlier trip to New Hampshire, he campaigned against President Barack Obama's health care law, criticized Obama's executive order to offer protections against deportation to millions of immigrants living in the country illegally, and said the nation can't afford another Democratic president.
View Quote

I really want this retard to go away.  He gave NY its AWB.  FUCK BE FOREVER UPON HIM!

I would honestly prefer to vote for Hillary Clinton than this asshole.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I would honestly prefer to vote for Hillary Clinton than this asshole.
View Quote

Funny, I was thinking the same thing though I tend to vote third-party these days and would probably vote for the Libertarian candidate.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Do Not Want!  

Just go away already you RINO backstabbing bastard!  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
send him a democrap party sign up maybe he will get the message.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:31:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He just wants attention so that he can charge more for speeches, etc.

He knows that he can't get the nomination.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He just wants attention so that he can charge more for speeches, etc.

He knows that he can't get the nomination.
View Quote

Who would want to listen to that bore/ Al Gore clone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top