Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2015 7:33:59 PM EDT
Heads up, literally!

If you did not go to the Rochester Air Show today then you should go tomorrow!  The headlining Blue Angels never disappoint but be sure to get there earlier and catch other high quality aviation as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]

I'll be there Sun. with family.  Saw the Blue Angels practicing on Friday.  Always cool.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Great show by the Blue Angels as usual!

Terrific weather in ROC for the show, too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]
A guy fishing in a pond near R.I.T. saw something falling to the ground.  Turned out to be a small piece off the wing of one of the Blue Angels.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A guy fishing in a pond near R.I.T. saw something falling to the ground.  Turned out to be a small piece off the wing of one of the Blue Angels.
View Quote

Apparently that happened on Saturday, but they must have fixed it because all 6 flew on Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Apparently that happened on Saturday, but they must have fixed it because all 6 flew on Sunday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that explains why one of them flew to Pensacola and back on Saturday before they performed!  If I am correctly informed, the Blue Angles have never not been able to perform because of a maintenance issue.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Was out on campus last week and they were out practicing, cool to watch but hard to have a conversation when you are getting buzzed by F/A-18s every few minutes
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I had that problem
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#8]
F18s are tough, working an airshow as hotpad flightline years back I personally watched a marine LTC taxi his F18 through a chain link fence. Literally ripped 50 feet of 10 foot high...set in concrete, chain link out of the ground with a wingtip. The crew from the f15 demo team also on the hot pad ran over with some fancy looking tape...made many jokes at the pilots expense and he few the afternoon demo 2 hours later. No fucks given. Broken marker light was the extent of the damage. Tough birds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top