Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2015 7:13:58 AM EDT
Aaaah yes, how dareth a simple subject insult the KINGS men!!

article, times union

video

Yes, the driver is trolling. Conducting "1st amendment tests"...lol. Our founding fathers would be proud, I do believe. Should have been pretty obvious to the Cop that he was getting set up. Took the bait though, hook line and sinker.

Im guessing this guy is gonna get paid...?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Play stupid games
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
It used to be DisCon, not anymore. But it IS an unlawful hand signal when used in traffic.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It used to be DisCon, not anymore. But it IS an unlawful hand signal when used in traffic.
View Quote

Is that like saying deaf people can't communicate while in an automobile?

I don't condone the behavior, but flipping someone off is a universally accepted symbol of displeasure, whatever the reason.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Look up cycle of conflict to understand what happened.

Some punk went looking for a fight.

Some thug thought he'd put said punk in his place.

A cycle of conflict went out of control.  Somebody could have been seriously hurt.

Either party could have terminated the cycle at any time.

Sounds to me like they deserve each other.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#5]
You don't need to be suspected of a crime to be stopped in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
It s dick to give someone the finger and perhaps especially when the person is a police officer.

That being said I am glad people like this guy are out there acting like lightning rods for police officers who abuse their authority and think they can harass people who offend them.  I hope the guy gets a nice pay day and the officer gets the boot.

Much like broken window policies police officers that abuse their power a little today will abuse their power a lot tomorrow it needs to be nipped in the bud early and often.  The guy in the video is an asshole but perhaps the next guy this officer harasses won't be an asshole.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#7]
It's okay guys. Don't worry. The police are investigating themselves. Because clearly it's entirely possible that beating someone and arresting him because he gave you the finger is perfectly okay.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Totally agree that it is a stupid game.

I also believe he has the right to flip the bird.

I also believe that the officer can pull him over and ask why he has a dick up his ass or just laugh it off.

Arresting him for disorderly conduct is dumb.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Went out looking for a fight & found one... Im guessing the guy giving the finger(basically saying FUCK YOU) is a pussy & would never do that to a random man in public. He thought the cop was going to live up to a higher standard & he was wrong. If this guy in his everyday life does that, flipping the bird at strangers carrying guns, Im fine w it. If he was looking to mess w/ someone he believed could not fight back, well he deserved what he got.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Went out looking for a fight & found one... Im guessing the guy giving the finger(basically saying FUCK YOU) is a pussy & would never do that to a random man in public. He thought the cop was going to live up to a higher standard & he was wrong. If this guy in his everyday life does that, flipping the bird at strangers carrying guns, Im fine w it. If he was looking to mess w/ someone he believed could not fight back, well he deserved what he got.
View Quote

He did deserve what he got. But he also deserves that cop's badge on a fruit basket!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't condone the behavior, but flipping someone off is a universally accepted symbol of displeasure, whatever the reason.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Last time someone flipped me the bird while I was at work .....i blew them a kiss......and then gave smile and waved.

I have no sympathy in this day and age to a fellow officer who can't control his ego because someone gave him the #1
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Why are some people defending the actions of a violent thug with a badge who assaulted a man under the color of authority because that man insulted him?

I may not know why, but I do know that we have the police that we deserve because of people like this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why are some people defending the actions of a violent thug with a badge who assaulted a man under the color of authority because that man insulted him?

I may not know why, but I do know that we have the police that we deserve because of people like this.
View Quote

FWIW......these cop watch people aren't looking for social justice......they are looking for deep taxpayer pockets.......your pocket.......sadly some cops take the bait.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A cycle of conflict went out of control.  Somebody could have been seriously hurt.

View Quote

It's also known as:  This is what happens when 2 assholes try to occupy the same point and place in time
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FWIW......these cop watch people aren't looking for social justice......they are looking for deep taxpayer pockets.......your pocket.......sadly some cops take the bait.

View Quote

I will gladly offer up my taxpayer dollars to see cops who abuse their authority held accountable for their actions. And even more of my tax money to have someone driving around flushing these thugs out and exposing them for what they are before they hurt someone else. At least this guy goes into it knowing what could happen.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I will gladly offer up my taxpayer dollars to see cops who abuse their authority held accountable for their actions. And even more of my tax money to have someone driving around flushing these thugs out and exposing them for what they are before they hurt someone else. At least this guy goes into it knowing what could happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't flush out a bad cop for you and me, he did it to be an ass.

He did it because he could.

How many good cops got his bird without just cause?

I believe in worrying about my actions, not those of others.   I don't go around acting like a six year old to see what bad guys I might dig up.   There are better ways.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do As well.......

I have a problem with egotistical cops........I expect all of my officers to be professionals and hold themselves above that behavior.  I have no doubt there are probably a couple cops in my agency that might act like this if provoked.......I didn't hire them, and I don't have the authority to fire them, that's pay grades above my rank.

But.......I also have a problem with assholes deliberately looking to provoke shit to fleece the taxpayer. These guys don't really care about YOU or YOUR rights........they are only interested in hoping to find the 1 cop dumb enough to take the bait so they can get paid.  Why don't they show video of the cops who just ignore their trolling?  

YMMV.......but to any LEOs here reading this thread.........really guys.........don't get sucked into this "contempt of cop".......be the professional your supposed to be and rise above their childish behavior and ignore these assholes and they will move on with their worthless existence.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do As well.......

I have a problem with egotistical cops........I expect all of my officers to be professionals and hold themselves above that behavior.  I have no doubt there are probably a couple cops in my agency that might act like this if provoked.......I didn't hire them, and I don't have the authority to fire them, that's pay grades above my rank.

But.......I also have a problem with assholes deliberately looking to provoke shit to fleece the taxpayer. These guys don't really care about YOU or YOUR rights........they are only interested in hoping to find the 1 cop dumb enough to take the bait so they can get paid.  Why don't they show video of the cops who just ignore their trolling?  

YMMV.......but to any LEOs here reading this thread.........really guys.........don't get sucked into this "contempt of cop".......be the professional your supposed to be and rise above their childish behavior and ignore these assholes and they will move on with their worthless existence.
View Quote

This is the same message I've tried to gety across in several different posts.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess I just don't care why they do it. To me there is nothing worse than a bad cop, because unlike a criminal, he can hide behind his badge and escape justice and victimize people under the color of authority. To me it makes little difference if it is a crusader with a heart of gold who does it for the children, a selfish piece of shit looking for a paycheck or a stray bolt of lightning. As long as they are taken off the streets and either fired or put in prison, depending on what they did. The cop in this incident deserves both.

A bad cop is like an arsonist firefighter. He is not only a disgrace to his profession but his existence is a complete and total betrayal of the public trust.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]

I wish I had a dollar for every time I had someone muthafuck me or flip me the bird when I drove by them.  Sure, it can piss you off...OR....you can look at the big picture.  Usually, this happened to me in a really poor, crime ridden, trash infested neighborhood.  I get to leave that behind at the end of my shift, and return to my home, in a much more desireable setting.  The punks who pull this shit, well, what they are experiencing now is the pinnacle of their existence.  There is no long term thinking on their part, and I doubt many of them have recognized any sort of paradise in the afterlife.  Maybe they find some sort of personal satisfaction by "publicly airing their grievances" towards the only available government representative.  Fine, good for them.  But they better believe that a legitimate violation of the law is going to bring enthusiastic enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#24]
adam rupeka is an ass who looks for trouble and has found it numerous times. hes also looking to get paid for it and has done so a few times as well. be that as it may if you want wear a uniform you had better get some thick skin there are a lot of douchebags out there and a lot of cameras these days
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:19:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Driving with obstructed view is an asshole charge
View Quote

I got that once on 182nd St in the Bronx.  I did a slow and go at the stop-shinal right in front of the Bronx zoo rear entrance, the most stupid stop sign in the world (late 90's I believe although the sign still exists there today). NYPD officer pulled me over and gave me a stop sign ticket as well as an obstructed view ticket for having my rosaries on my rear view.  I went to court a few months later and the judge called all his" ticketed" up and dismissed them all.  She said he was relieved of his duty.  I still remember it to this day. The officer was a dick but I knew better than to be a dick back.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I got that once on 182nd St in the Bronx.  I did a slow and go at the stop-shinal right in front of the Bronx zoo rear entrance, the most stupid stop sign in the world (late 90's I believe although the sign still exists there today). NYPD officer pulled me over and gave me a stop sign ticket as well as an obstructed view ticket for having my rosaries on my rear view.  I went to court a few months later and the judge called all his" ticketed" up and dismissed them all.  She said he was relieved of his duty.  I still remember it to this day. The officer was a dick but I knew better than to be a dick back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait... A Catholic got a good shake in court?

First time I've ever heard that.

On a serious note.  I have a blue rosary in my truck, and it definitely does not obstruct anyone's view.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You would think after the Saratoga deputy got fired for the YouTube video of him dope slapping someone...
View Quote

I thought it was the same county! Honestly first thing I thought, but i wasn't sure and way too lazy to Google
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You would think after the Saratoga deputy got fired for the YouTube video of him dope slapping someone...
View Quote

I actually thought this was going to be a dupe until I watched the video.

Still you would think by now most cops would be aware of this and know better........I guess not
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Still you would think by now most cops would be aware of this and know better........I guess not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus the kid told him he was recording and the officer said I see the camera.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

On a serious note.  I have a blue rosary in my truck, and it definitely does not obstruct anyone's view.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it doesn't, your right.  Guess Jesus was looking out for me, got the officer fired, lol.  Like the old saying goes, "Leave it in Gods hands".
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No it doesn't, your right.  Guess Jesus was looking out for me, got the officer fired, lol.  Like the old saying goes, "Leave it in Gods hands".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Mother Mary is my radar detector!".
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's also known as:  This is what happens when 2 assholes try to occupy the same point and place in time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir have summed this up perfectly. +1
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you find one mouse in the House, you're a fool to think he's the only one.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-4, roger that bro
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm Curious, to all the LEO's, how would you have handled the situation?  Reason I'm asking is because we all saw what happened to the officer who lectured the cabbie in NYC and the Saratoga cop who got physical.  Would you walk away or confront in a civil way?  Make him feel stupid and apologize or not worth your time?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#37]
H
Quoted:

I'm Curious, to all the LEO's, how would you have handled the situation?  Reason I'm asking is because we all saw what happened to the officer who lectured the cabbie in NYC and the Saratoga cop who got physical.  Would you walk away or confront in a civil way?  Make him feel stupid and apologize or not worth your time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't have pulled him over..........just ignored his stupid ass.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:29:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
H

View All Quotes
Quoted:
H
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, genuinely curious...(no snarkyness is intended at all in this line of questioning)...What do you think the other officers in this guys department think of him?

What would happen in your department if one of your fellow officers did that? General consensus among the rank and file officers?

Is it one of those, "there goes officer dickhead again, got himself plastered all over the internet this time"....or more, "don't worry frank, that guy had it comin'. Enjoy your administrative leave. We'll see ya in a week or so."

Finally, I don't want get to close to OPSEC, but are you upstate or downstate? (north or south of say...newburgh/beacon bridge...)

Good luck out there...be safe.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#39]
If I was an officer, I hope I would do what Crwdplsr said, just walk away.  I would probably lean toward pulling him over and asking him what was up his ass, make him feel stupid and send him on his way.  That can be dangerous, words may be taken out of context, the conversation may turn into and argument and may escalate.

To answer your question, I can't say what officers in their respective depts might say but I'm sure knowing what happened to this guy, they won't attempt to do what he did.  

I am on the Northern Westchester/Putnam border.  Not LEO.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If I was an officer, I hope I would do what Crwdplsr said, just walk away.  I would probably lean toward pulling him over and asking him what was up his ass, make him feel stupid and send him on his way.  That can be dangerous, words may be taken out of context, the conversation may turn into and argument and may escalate.

To answer your question, I can't say what officers in their respective depts might say but I'm sure knowing what happened to this guy, they won't attempt to do what he did.  

View Quote

pull someone over and ask whats up their ass?

that's illegal too, as you actually do have to articulate a reason to stop someone.

the correct and only answer is IGNORE IT
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

that's illegal too, as you actually do have to articulate a reason to stop someone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your 100% right.  

It's so damn hard to ignore someone giving you the finger though, so I can understand where the officer was coming from (not saying it was the proper course of action).  Need to have real thick skin in that game.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Your 100% right.  

It's so damn hard to ignore someone giving you the finger though, so I can understand where the officer was coming from (not saying it was the proper course of action).  Need to have real thick skin in that game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your 100% right.  

Usually when I get the finger (which is actually fairly often) I just drive next to the person and stare at them and make them really uncomfortable... Then I lick my window...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Its easier than you think to ignore the middle finger. You CCW? Better learn how to ignore assholes looking for shit.

The few cops I know (men & women) tell me that they get cursed at and even spit on occasionally on the job in shitty areas sometimes. They say they deal with it like professionals and do their best to leave it behind when they go home.  It takes a certain kind of person to be a good cop these days and that's the kind of person who doesn't pepper spray some professional jackass with a camera, especially in the climate they have to exist in currently.

Good luck out there everybody...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Usually when I get the finger (which is actually fairly often) I just drive next to the person and stare at them and make them really uncomfortable... Then I lick my window...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your 100% right.  

That's  fucking awesome lmao
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Its easier than you think to ignore the middle finger. You CCW? Better learn how to ignore assholes looking for shit.

View Quote

Words of extreme wisdom.   If you have CCW you'd better be able to walk away from just about anything.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Words of extreme wisdom.   If you have CCW you'd better be able to walk away from just about anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1, gotta have thick skin for everything
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your 100% right.  

If I was the finger giver, I would not know what to say or do, complete loss for a response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top