BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very doubtful, though that's the story they pushed with the "leaked" Democrat wish list.

There was a payoff for those that switched - like Flanagan, Skelos also had an "A" rating.  Word is that it had something to do with redistricting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He added, "I think we have opportunities to have open, clear, good discussions on that. Where it goes with the Assembly and the executive, I don't know."

Translation: "I am fully aware that everything I've said to this point is meaningless bullshit."

OK.  I'm about as pissed as anyone at Flanagan.  He's my rep, and I stood outside his office in Albany with a huge "Flanagan is a traitor" sign (generously provided by another member here).

And I know I may get crucified for even asking this, but...

He had an A rating with the NRA before SAFE hit - and I'd voted for him in the past.  He was the only person willing to speak with me in Albany for an extended period.  And when we sat down and talked right after SAFE passed, his explanation was basically: "I hate it as much as you do, but if that didn't pass, Cuomo would have forced something even worse through."  He mentioned a 5-round mag limit.  Some of you have pointed out, we may have been better off.

Is there any chance that's true, and some reps were forced between voting for SAFE and effectively forcing something worse on gun owners?  Don't get me wrong - I still feel like you just can't vote for something that's blatant trampling of the Constitution.  But - is there an chance that he really didn't have any options?

Fill me in here.

Very doubtful, though that's the story they pushed with the "leaked" Democrat wish list.

There was a payoff for those that switched - like Flanagan, Skelos also had an "A" rating.  Word is that it had something to do with redistricting.

That's why I redistricted to Summit County, OH
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
So.......he's going for full repeal then?

If not then he can FOAD
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He added, "I think we have opportunities to have open, clear, good discussions on that. Where it goes with the Assembly and the executive, I don't know."

Translation: "I am fully aware that everything I've said to this point is meaningless bullshit."

OK.  I'm about as pissed as anyone at Flanagan.  He's my rep, and I stood outside his office in Albany with a huge "Flanagan is a traitor" sign (generously provided by another member here).

He had an A rating with the NRA before SAFE hit - and I'd voted for him in the past.  He was the only person willing to speak with me in Albany for an extended period.  And when we sat down and talked right after SAFE passed, his explanation was basically: "I hate it as much as you do, but if that didn't pass, Cuomo would have forced something even worse through."  He mentioned a 5-round mag limit.  Some of you have pointed out, we may have been better off.

Is there any chance that's true, and some reps were forced between voting for SAFE and effectively forcing something worse on gun owners?  Don't get me wrong - I still feel like you just can't vote for something that's blatant trampling of the Constitution.  But - is there an chance that he really didn't have any options?

Fill me in here.

Cuomo would have bribed the IDC to switch sides, replaced Skelos with a Dem majority leader, and had his gun ban rubber stamped.  Skelos and the Long Island scum sold us out to keep their cushy positions of power.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My wife said the other day that she's ok with redistricting to Utah, as she and I both loved it there last summer.

I have some complicating factors, though.  If it weren't for them I'd be gone already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fill me in here.

That's why I redistricted to Summit County, OH

My wife said the other day that she's ok with redistricting to Utah, as she and I both loved it there last summer.

I have some complicating factors, though.  If it weren't for them I'd be gone already.

You just can't beat the Beehive state. You can't. Avoid SLC though... Its a refugee camp for California techies now.

Bountiful, American Fork, Orem, and even Murray are great places. Provo kicks ass too ...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's get this right out of the way-  SAFE had nothing to do with redistricting, it had to do with Moorland Commission.

I wish I had the MC report.  Because they knew about Skelos and the bribes, and it's been in black and white for what, three years?    The answer to who else is going to get it is in Moorland.  

Waiting for AG to prosecute is like watching a movie just to see the ending when the book has been out for years.

Wait, I found the preliminary report!     http://publiccorruption.moreland.ny.gov/sites/default/files/moreland_report_final.pdf

And now I read it.   They talk about all the scandals that are coming to light bit-by-bit, but don't name names.

Note this from the report:

Continued legislative inaction is unacceptable. Federal prosecutors like United States Attorneys Preet Bharara and Loretta Lynch – both of whom testified before this Commission337 – should be applauded for their efforts to root out and punish illegal conduct by our public officials. But public corruption is a New York problem that requires a New York solution. We cannot rely only on federal prosecutors, who are charged with addressing other critical matters, like terrorism and national security issues, to deal with New York’s public corruption problems. As District Attorney Vance asked the Commission: “Why, in a government that gives states primacy in police power, would New York cede this area to a federal government of limited powers, whose future resources and attention may be diverted to different priorities?”338 Our state prosecutors must be better equipped to prosecute public corruption violations

So where is Schneidermann?     Why didn't he prosecute Skelos or Silver?   Or Cuomo for that matter?   What's his excuse for apparent incompetence?  Or is it something more?   LOL.  I know the answer to that!    Note the bold highlight (mine).   Are they that naïve?   To think that if Schneidermann and his team had more of something they would have prosecuted Skelos and Silver?   I think not!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Funny, a former Utahn told me that SLC was the best place for a non-Mormon, since most people there aren't LDS.  She specifically said to avoid Provo.

View Quote

I'm not a Mormon, but what I can tell you is that the schools suck, its infested with liberals now... (Take a peak at the election map and see which county went blue forObama) and it's expensive and really turning into a pit. Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful clean city, and it is probably light years above anything in NY but there is a reason Provo has also been growing. It's where all of those that hate the Kalifornia creep are going. I'm hoping to be out there by 2020. That's my goal. We will see how the wife plays along.

Also if you have sports in mind for your kids you also want to avoid SLC
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My wife said that as long as we can go to Arches National Park a couple times a year (we went last July and loved it), she's good with UT.

My roadblock is my family business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, a former Utahn told me that SLC was the best place for a non-Mormon, since most people there aren't LDS.  She specifically said to avoid Provo.

I'm not a Mormon, but what I can tell you is that the schools suck, its infested with liberals now... (Take a peak at the election map and see which county went blue forObama) and it's expensive and really turning into a pit. Don't get me wrong. It's a beautiful clean city, and it is probably light years above anything in NY but there is a reason Provo has also been growing. It's where all of those that hate the Kalifornia creep are going. I'm hoping to be out there by 2020. That's my goal. We will see how the wife plays along.

Also if you have sports in mind for your kids you also want to avoid SLC

My wife said that as long as we can go to Arches National Park a couple times a year (we went last July and loved it), she's good with UT.

My roadblock is my family business.

Well there are plenty of divorce attorneys in Utah... They get married very young, ready or not, and many don't make it.

I assume that's your family business. But if it's not, and it's just a family deli, you'll be fine too lol.

And tell your wife she needs to go to Indian Creek as well. Just a little bit further but absolutely as amazing as Arches.

And next time you go to SLC, check out Caputos Deli near the warehouses. He imports the pastrami daily from somewhere in NYC. As Utah as the day is long but he's a hockey fan who loves the Rangers and the Sabres. He helped start the hockey program at the U of U. (Bastards)

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So is he going to repeal the law.......and the previous law......and the shall issue PP?

If not then he can fuck off

View Quote

This!

I want full rights restored, not piecemeal scrapes from the table of tyranny.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top