Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 11:06:22 AM EDT
This is my first renewal of the permit and I thought I sent it in early.. Is the unsafe act causing a delay or has it always been slow? 80 days they cashed the check.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
My permit expired in the beginning of January.  I mailed the renewal in mid November.  They cashed the check 10 days later.  I called the Clerks office in the end of January and was told the were finishing up December renewals and would start on Januaries soon.  Beginning of March I called and was told that my file was still with the judge.  New permit was received end of March.  I printed out a copy of the canceled check and carried it with my expired permit.  I got the impression that they process the renewals based on expiry month regardless of when the paperwork is actually received.  So I'd follow up with a phone call 2 months after the end of the month it expired.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I just printed a copy of the check. Such a great system
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

that's a great idea
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in a similar boat.  Funny we got our permits around about the same time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait you guys have expired permits and are still allowed to possess your handguns?

Hey if they can't process renewals in time, they should be confiscating your handguns.

Law is the law right?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait you guys have expired permits and are still allowed to possess your handguns?

Hey if they can't process renewals in time, they should be confiscating your handguns.

Law is the law right?
View Quote

I'm sure that if YOU didn't send your paperwork In on time they'd be knocking at your door.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Westchester permits don't technically expire. They require "recertification" by the county.  If you don't re certify the judge who issued your permit will pull it however if due to paperwork backlog the county doesn't get to your permit in time it doesn't mean that it's invalid or revoked.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Might I ask how much the renewal "fee" is?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

$10
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$10
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$10

Yea but the point isn't the renewal fee (which is ridiculous on its face), but that you have to fill out a form listing every single gun, make, model, caliber, and serial number that you own (which is redundant because the pistol permit already has all that info on the back of it), and having to get it notarized (which is a big inconvenience).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top