Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Cuomo had this on Skelos so he blackmailed him to vote for Safe  Act
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
FUDS
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
any criminal case against Senator Skelos, the majority leader, would throw the Capitol into further tumult.
View Quote

That would be a shame.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe Cuomo had this on Skelos so he blackmailed him to vote for Safe  Act
View Quote

Nah... Princess just threatened to flip the IDC and remove Skelos as Senate majority leader.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck it, let it happen.  Let's see where this takes us.  Maybe this fucker will blab all the way to the top.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure the residents of the 5 Towns will pick a much better representative.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:19:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm sure the residents of the 5 Towns will pick a much better representative.
View Quote

I'll do my best.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Momma always warned us about the screwing you'll get for the screwing you got.  

On a tangent: the government is broke(en) and workers know that if they want to keep theri jobs, they need to turn stones to find hidden treasures.....you WILL be seeing more and more cases of big-fish getting fried.  They just nailed a Federal Employee on Post for something very similar to what Skellos & Son did.  will have cost him well over 100K by the time it's all said & done.  
http://www.wwnytv.com/news/ftdrum/Former-Fort-Drum-Worker-Sentenced-For-Making-False-Statement-298788701.html
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Dont forget that Libous' trial is coming up when the current session ends. His son has already been convicted.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#10]
If these evil fucking SCUMBAGS think what they have coming to them now is bad, just wait until the true JUDGEMENT they will face one day.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, at least he can keep his pension until he's SENTENCED.  That's some real reform right there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey, at least he can keep his pension until he's SENTENCED.  That's some real reform right there.
View Quote

I'm not opposed to due process.  THEN FRY THE BASTARD.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If these evil fucking SCUMBAGS think what they have coming to them now is bad, just wait until the true JUDGEMENT they will face one day.  

View Quote

People pray for Judgement day, and while I'd certainly like to see quite a few moved to the front of the line, I'd like to hang around here just a little while longer.

The thought occurred a while back that the reason why the Govt. has been and continues to spend money like drunken sailors is because when it all collapses, they'll have gotten theirs and money will be moot to those left behind...Tell me why, OUR government has build massive underground facilities as have the Chinese, Russians, and every other developed Country?  To quote Independence Day "Do you really think toilet seats cost $500.?"  can you say "Black budget"?  (fwiw: I do see the exorbitance costs for items that should be only a fraction of that charged internally)  

It's never too soon to get right, and be right with God....he knows I try even though I'm a miserable failure at it.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#15]
It was clear from Skelos passing SAFE that Cuomo had dirt on him.   Let's hope Bharara can find enough to indict then convict.    It's a shame though that Skelos won't be charged with what he should be, which is violation of 2A.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should stop their pension when they're CONVICTED.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#17]
When the corruption is this bad, there isn't a thing that the .gov will do to fix .gov problems.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When the corruption is this bad, there isn't a thing that the .gov will do to fix .gov problems.
View Quote

Problems never fix themselves
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's never too soon to get right, and be right with God....he knows I try even though I'm a miserable failure at it.  
View Quote

Same here, brother.  Thank God for his Grace.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second that
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Second that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second that

Putting' a 3 on there
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]
This is how I always imagine Preet going in to Albany https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdVUncJzCm0
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It was clear from Skelos passing SAFE that Cuomo had dirt on him.   Let's hope Bharara can find enough to indict then convict.    It's a shame though that Skelos won't be charged with what he should be, which is violation of 2A.
View Quote

If Cuomo had dirt on Skelos and was blackmailing him would Cuomo get in trouble?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#24]
that's two of the three men in a room
hopefully cuomo gets taken soon
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Preet needs to investigate how Cuomo used taxpayer dollars in his "Start-Up NY" campaign ads that, oddly, ran almost exclusively during his reelection bid last November.

http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/07/start-ny-ad-spending/25425595/?hc_location=ufi
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
It does not matter.  The replacements are already warming up to take their place.  Look at the new Assembly leader.  He jumped right in to the current modus operandi with both feet and now seems perfectly happy with it.  Should Skelos be replaced, his replacement will relish the role of one of the three members of the troika.

Preet Bharara could take down the entire legislature as well as the governor and nothing would change.  The fundamental flaw is in the structure of the New York State government and that can only be fixed by replacing its constitution which, now that I think about it, probably would not solve much because they would ignore it and the courts would go along.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It does not matter.  The replacements are already warming up to take their place.  Look at the new Assembly leader.  He jumped right in to the current modus operandi with both feet and now seems perfectly happy with it.  Should Skelos be replaced, his replacement will relish the role of one of the three members of the troika.

Preet Bahra could take down the entire legislature as well as the governor and nothing would change.  The fundamental flaw is in the structure of the New York State government and that can only be fixed by replacing its constitution which, now that I think about it, probably would not solve much because they would ignore it and the courts would go along.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Preet Bahra could take down the entire legislature as well as the governor and nothing would change.  The fundamental flaw is in the structure of the New York State government and that can only be fixed by replacing its constitution which, now that I think about it, probably would not solve much because they would ignore it and the courts would go along.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:54:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Some Fear Fallout From Preet Bharara’s Tension With Judges

Preet Bharara, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York and one of the most acclaimed prosecutors of his generation, is locked in what seems to be an escalating war of words with the federal judiciary — one that some judges fear could influence important rulings.

The tension was on ample display last week in a ruling in the public corruption case against the New York Assemblyman Sheldon Silver. The tone of the opinion left federal prosecutors seething, and the extended criticism of Mr. Bharara stunned even other judges. They fear that the same issues could surface in the related investigation of the leader of the New York State senate, Dean G. Skelos.

Mr. Silver’s lawyers moved to dismiss his indictment because Mr. Bharara had orchestrated a “media firestorm” that tainted their client’s right to a fair trial. Such motions are considered long shots, but Judge Valerie Caproni of Federal District Court in Manhattan wrote that Mr. Silver had a legitimate argument that the case should be thrown out because Mr. Bharara, “while castigating politicians in Albany for playing fast and loose with the ethical rules that govern their conduct, strayed so close to the edge of the rules governing his own conduct.”

The office of Preet Bharara, the United States attorney in Manhattan, has secured 85 convictions and guilty pleas from traders, analysts, industry consultants. It just lost its first insider case.

Judge Caproni ultimately sided with the government, so there’s no way of knowing how close she came to tossing the indictment. But the possibility she even seriously considered such a step has set off alarms among some of her fellow judges. Judge Caproni herself acknowledged that dismissing an indictment is a “drastic remedy” that is “rarely used.” She also noted that the motion was not a disciplinary proceeding against Mr. Bharara. That didn’t stop her from spending a good part of the opinion questioning his ethics and chastising him for his public comments about the case.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Some Fear Fallout From Preet Bharara’s Tension With Judges

Preet Bharara, the United States attorney for the Southern District of New York and one of the most acclaimed prosecutors of his generation, is locked in what seems to be an escalating war of words with the federal judiciary — one that some judges fear could influence important rulings.

The tension was on ample display last week in a ruling in the public corruption case against the New York Assemblyman Sheldon Silver. The tone of the opinion left federal prosecutors seething, and the extended criticism of Mr. Bharara stunned even other judges. They fear that the same issues could surface in the related investigation of the leader of the New York State senate, Dean G. Skelos.

Mr. Silver’s lawyers moved to dismiss his indictment because Mr. Bharara had orchestrated a “media firestorm” that tainted their client’s right to a fair trial. Such motions are considered long shots, but Judge Valerie Caproni of Federal District Court in Manhattan wrote that Mr. Silver had a legitimate argument that the case should be thrown out because Mr. Bharara, “while castigating politicians in Albany for playing fast and loose with the ethical rules that govern their conduct, strayed so close to the edge of the rules governing his own conduct.”

The office of Preet Bharara, the United States attorney in Manhattan, has secured 85 convictions and guilty pleas from traders, analysts, industry consultants. It just lost its first insider case.

Judge Caproni ultimately sided with the government, so there’s no way of knowing how close she came to tossing the indictment. But the possibility she even seriously considered such a step has set off alarms among some of her fellow judges. Judge Caproni herself acknowledged that dismissing an indictment is a “drastic remedy” that is “rarely used.” She also noted that the motion was not a disciplinary proceeding against Mr. Bharara. That didn’t stop her from spending a good part of the opinion questioning his ethics and chastising him for his public comments about the case.

So a purchased member of the judiciary wanted to throw out an indictment.... Well polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking that exact thing this morning
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope Preet nails his balls to the wall, and his pos son.

FUDS
FUAC
FHRC
FBHO
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Chess, gentlemen. Chess not checkers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

politics is more like kill the man with the ball.
Preet has his own political aspirations and like cassius in Julius Caesar, he hath his own ambitions.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't know much about Prete, where does he stand on the issues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well he's a democrat.... So that's a start
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#36]
If skelos gets the boot do you think they will hold a special election?

Maybe I should run.

Special elections tend to be the best time to elect fringe candidates.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a very good one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If skelos gets the boot do you think they will hold a special election?

Maybe I should run.

Special elections tend to be the best time to elect fringe candidates.
View Quote
My former Assembly district (at the time #15 prior to the lines being redrawn at the last census) had two special elections over the past dozen years.  Both times, voting in the afternoon I was a voter number in the single digits (first time I was #6 at 3:30pm).  At least around here the results were foreordained so the election was just a formality.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Preet has his own political aspirations and like cassius in Julius Caesar, he hath his own ambitions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He may, but his path is investigative, prosecutorial and thereby very strategic.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He may, but his path is investigative, prosecutorial and thereby very strategic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He also has a slew of young and equally ambitious lawyers and doj cops working for him.  They are far from smart but they are tireless.  I was a witness for a case last year and was subject to a brutal amount of questions even if I had the feeling they were on the wrong tack.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Everything Preet does needs to viewed through a political lens. He was Schumer's lead counsel before going to DOJ. Schumer is a Clinton democrat to his core. Cuomo had 35 mil left over from the governors race, he was a threat to hillary. Preet paid enough attention to Cuomo to prevent a presidential run. Cuomo has already declared his intention to run for a 3rd term...mission accomplished.  Preet is done with Cuomo. No more action will be taken unless he steps out of line. The files will be stored and "found" again if he gets froggy.

Getting skelos and silver may just be part of the deal.

If Hillary wins...look for Preet to move up maybe even all the way to AG.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget, Rudy Guilianni started out as a prosecutor (wasn't he US Attorney as well?) and ended up making a serious run for POTUS.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sure Prete will realize that if he does a good enough job and brings down a bunch of big players for corruption, he will have no need for a master.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Everything Preet does needs to viewed through a political lens. He was Schumer's lead counsel before going to DOJ. Schumer is a Clinton democrat to his core. Cuomo had 35 mil left over from the governors race, he was a threat to hillary. Preet paid enough attention to Cuomo to prevent a presidential run. Cuomo has already declared his intention to run for a 3rd term...mission accomplished.  Preet is done with Cuomo. No more action will be taken unless he steps out of line. The files will be stored and "found" again if he gets froggy.

Getting skelos and silver may just be part of the deal.

If Hillary wins...look for Preet to move up maybe even all the way to AG.
View Quote

I agree, I was thinking along the same lines. He is a leftist, not looking to do the right thing but looking out for himself....and those who could help him in the future.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm sure Prete will realize that if he does a good enough job and brings down a bunch of big players for corruption, he will have no need for a master.
View Quote

Funny you say that because preets  U.s. assistant attorney is named howard master.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Saw what looked suspiciously like a Cumhole 2016 TV ad today... Princess has the gall to list "ethics reform" as one of his achievements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top