Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2015 6:16:36 PM EDT
Hello all,

I've recently moved to the Syracuse area (East Syracuse/DeWitt) and am looking to join a local gun club.

My only requirements are that they are black rifle friendly and that they allow me to bring an occasional guest.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 7/22/2012 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Camillus is 1 second between shots, 7 rd loading, and has bad hours but a great range.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you're an old-ass, card playing Fudd, you won't be welcomed at Elbridge.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hello all,

I've recently moved to the Syracuse area (East Syracuse/DeWitt) and am looking to join a local gun club.

My only requirements are that they are black rifle friendly and that they allow me to bring an occasional guest.

Any recommendations?
View Quote

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh......about that.......

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Anywherebut elbridge r&g they are the worst fucking fudds in the world and are nothing but spineless, dickless weasles
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn ciraxis, don't tell me how you feel about us northerners...
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn ciraxis, don't tell me how you feel about us northerners...
View Quote

I like you guys
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Liverpool isnt too far from you. They have a 200 yd range.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:02:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Double
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Otisco Lake Rod & Gun Club (OLRGC) - EBR friendly, as long as you are not doing jerk-weed types of things. Also the usual venue in CNY for training from MDTS, PFC and southnarc.

Reasonable price, good facilities and awesome Trader's Days.

I've belonged to a number of CNY clubs before I moved to The 'Hood In The Northern Wood, and OLRGC is the best choice, IMHO. Hell, they're club baseball hat has an EBR on it!! (at least mine does).

It's a bit of a hike from your area (I lived in Eastwood), but it is worth it.

MHO - YMMV

ETA: If you want to shoot bullseye or have access to an indoor pistol range (no magnums allowed, no rifles except 22lr), join the Syracuse Pistol Club (SPC). A little pricey, but good facilities, both indoors and outdoors. Near Liverppool/Clay area on Henry Clay Blvd.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, the club I joined in Binghamton was unfortunately like that... it was fine if you were there alone or with a couple other "normal" members, but you show up when some of the "core" members are there, you get the feeling that if you're under the age of 50 you're not welcome.

All I want is a range with no BS I can shoot at, maybe a dozen or so times a year, and bring a friend or coworker along occasionally.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]
FM Rod and Gun.  

50/100 yard range.  Seperate pistol range.  Excellent archery course. Clay target shooting.

It's tucked away and no one bothers you at all.  There are better ranges, but this one is as quiet as a range could get.

Camillus is a great range, but the new rules put in place after a claim that a resident found a bullet hit their house has made it somewhat of a pain at times to shoot there.

There is no aerial targeting at Liverpool (no clays) if that's also important.

Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a member at Elbridge and they always give me   looks when my Ar's come out and play...

i prefer it in the winter when it is just me

I am going to join Otisco this year
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a member at Pathfinder in Fulton. I only occasionally shoot but rarely see another member except in the fall. Nice facility.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, the club I joined in Binghamton was unfortunately like that... it was fine if you were there alone or with a couple other "normal" members, but you show up when some of the "core" members are there, you get the feeling that if you're under the age of 50 you're not welcome.

All I want is a range with no BS I can shoot at, maybe a dozen or so times a year, and bring a friend or coworker along occasionally.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forget about feeling unwelcome, I was one of 30 or so members that were voted out of Elbridge (some who had never even fired a shot there) and sent letters telling us we would be arrested for trespassing if we ever stepped foot on the property. This was due to us shooting on their card game days and daring to shoot black rifles on the upper range when they had a blackpowder shoot on the lower range. Dickbag central...stay clear.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Forget about feeling unwelcome, I was one of 30 or so members that were voted out of Elbridge (some who had never even fired a shot there) and sent letters telling us we would be arrested for trespassing if we ever stepped foot on the property. This was due to us shooting on their card game days and daring to shoot black rifles on the upper range when they had a blackpowder shoot on the lower range. Dickbag central...stay clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was kicked out too, my father in law was kicked out for no reason, he had only ever shot rim fire there, fuck them all at elbridge.   They are the worst kind of gun owner and I consider them the enemy of any gun rights advocate. they'd sell our rights down the river so long as they could still play jeremiah johnson with their one reload an hour

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#17]
If you travel North into Jefferson County, we have about a dozen Clubs, most of which don't care what or how you shoot so long as you're not being dangerous or an ass.

I have BIG PLANS for a Shooting Facility IF land and necessary funding can be secured...
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Pompey Rod and Gun Club.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]
i didn't realize Eldridge threw out for such crap....

i always go during the week in the middle of the day and it's usually just me except the week before deer season starts.

going to the otisco meeting next week to see if someone will sponsor me to get in lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Introduce yourself to the treasurer before the meeting. Ask for Marc.  Pretty sure he can help you out.

Quoted:

i always go during the week in the middle of the day and it's usually just me except the week before deer season starts.

going to the otisco meeting next week to see if someone will sponsor me to get in lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Introduce yourself to the treasurer before the meeting. Ask for Marc.  Pretty sure he can help you out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bring him a sammich. He likes sammiches.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#22]
will do thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pompey Rod and Gun Club.
View Quote

take a look here, 200 yd range, archery, trap
just don't be an ass and you'll be welcome

oh ya, $50 year family dues
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I might see about joining Camillus too,  I've been itching to do some shooting beyond 100yrds, and its the closest range to me where i can do that.   One of these days i'm going to bite the bullet and buy a chunck of land that i can play on
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pompey Rod and Gun Club.

Any range restrictions?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I might see about joining Camillus too,  I've been itching to do some shooting beyond 100yrds, and its the closest range to me where i can do that.   One of these days i'm going to bite the bullet and buy a chunck of land that i can play on
View Quote

I'll guest you in any time. Also to my private VT range.

Pompey parking lot is restricted to hovercraft. Any vehicle with conventional wheels will sink.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Doubletap. I'm in Vermont so my phone went full auto.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Otisco Lake Rod & Gun Club (OLRGC) - EBR friendly, as long as you are not doing jerk-weed types of things. Also the usual venue in CNY for training from MDTS, PFC and southnarc.

Reasonable price, good facilities and awesome Trader's Days.

I've belonged to a number of CNY clubs before I moved to The 'Hood In The Northern Wood, and OLRGC is the best choice, IMHO. Hell, they're club baseball hat has an EBR on it!! (at least mine does).

It's a bit of a hike from your area (I lived in Eastwood), but it is worth it.

MHO - YMMV

ETA: If you want to shoot bullseye or have access to an indoor pistol range (no magnums allowed, no rifles except 22lr), join the Syracuse Pistol Club (SPC). A little pricey, but good facilities, both indoors and outdoors. Near Liverppool/Clay area on Henry Clay Blvd.
View Quote

Plus 1000mwhat he said!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#29]
must be legal to own in NY state

Quoted:

Any range restrictions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pompey Rod and Gun Club.

Any range restrictions?

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#30]
South Shore Association of Oneida Lake-Black Rifle friendly, not expensive. Just go in, ask for membership application.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
South Shore Association of Oneida Lake-Black Rifle friendly, not expensive. Just go in, ask for membership application.
View Quote

I've been debating it and live down the street. Also been debating taking one of your classes! Need to do both
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Couple of great classes coming up, consider the Vehicle Defensive Essentials-it's a class that can't be done at most ranges.  Two days, shooting in, around and through vehicles, important knowledge and tactics for anyone carrying a weapon and driving! Give us a call.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Join the clubs, get on the inside, move up, try and make changes? Nah, stay on the outside looking in and just complain about them. It's the NY way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top