Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2015 3:16:01 PM EDT
The 2015 SAFS will be held April 25 and 26 at the Peconic River Sportsman's Club in Manorville, L.I. This will be our 26th year of providing this excellent training course which serves as an introduction to High Power Rifle competition. This course is approved by the CMP and sponsored by NYSRPA.  We are limited to 66 entries.
I cannot attach the registration form here. If you want a registration form please go to www.nysrpa.org and you will find a link to download the form on the left side of the home page under the "events" heading. All of the information is contained in the registration form. Thank you for your interest.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Great course and comes highly recommended from everyone I know who has attended it or the Camp Smith SAFS.

U.S. SERVICE RIFLE SMALL ARMS FIRING SCHOOL Registration Form

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree a great program but it's becoming to be a waste since u need to use a ar any more and not a m1 which would make it more worth wild.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Please understand that the course is given on the AR 15 A2 platform as this is the most commonly used Service Rifle for CMP competition. current Service  Rifles for National Match shooting are the Ar15 A2 or A4 or the M14( M1 A). We need to have conformity in the course so that everyone is on the same page with the platform. We will loan you a National Match A2 for the course. After you complete the course, you are welcome to participate in our NRA approved matches using any Service or Match rifle. Come out with you M-1 rifles after you complete the course. This course will enable you to compete in any high power matches nationwide. You will get hands on training in shooting from position with sling support. This training is some of the finest available and this is our 26 th year doing it. I hope that you will consider attending. There are only 66 openings and the class is filling up quickly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for attaching the application
Best regards,
Ed
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The 2015 SAFS will be held April 25 and 26 at the Peconic River Sportsman's Club in Manorville, L.I. This will be our 26th year of providing this excellent training course which serves as an introduction to High Power Rifle competition. This course is approved by the CMP and sponsored by NYSRPA.  We are limited to 66 entries.
I cannot attach the registration form here. If you want a registration form please go to www.nysrpa.org and you will find a link to download the form on the left side of the home page under the "events" heading. All of the information is contained in the registration form. Thank you for your interest.
View Quote

Ed.

You are late to the game

Posting here I thought you guys would get overwhelmed with inquiries  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/575489_NewYork_s_own_small_arms_firing_school___link_fixed_.html

Brian H

P.S. hope your thread doesn't turn into shit storm like mine did

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Brian. I am surprised that we do not get more interest in High Power instruction from this great web site. National Match shooting goes back to the late 1800's and is the basis for all military training. This course is absolutely the best introduction to High Power competition that is available in our area.  This particular program was started by Sgt. Major Joseph Considine and Lt. Colonel Joseph Porrvecchio   along with former NYSRPA High Power Director Ray Carney. We all do our best to keep Service Rifle Competition going in New York.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Bump for High Power League Dates

P.S. If you plan to attend Camp Smith matches you must get in contact with match director

http://nyhighpower.com/site/?page_id=28
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll throw a +1 out there for the NY SAFS group.  I attended a few years ago at Forbes in Colonie.  An outstanding bunch of guys.   I need to hook up with them and get my derrierre back on the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top