Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 10:21:05 AM EDT

ALBANY, NY (03/03/2015)(readMedia)-- New statistics released by the NYPD showing an increase in homicides and shootings are more proof that gun control and the so-called SAFE Act has not made New York City any safer.

"Elected officials from the Governor on down touted the supposed benefits to public safety the SAFE Act would bring," NYSRPA President Tom King said. "The gun control lobby followed them up with unsubstantiated claims a lazy media did not bother to investigate. Yet when the facts come out disproving their assertions, both the politicians and antigun lobbyists are silent."

King concluded, "Here's my suggestion to the New York media: Track down all those SAFE supporters and ask them, in light of the evidence, to justify their position."

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

ALBANY, NY (03/03/2015)(readMedia)-- New statistics released by the NYPD showing an increase in homicides and shootings are more proof that gun control and the so-called SAFE Act has not made New York City any safer.

"Elected officials from the Governor on down touted the supposed benefits to public safety the SAFE Act would bring," NYSRPA President Tom King said. "The gun control lobby followed them up with unsubstantiated claims a lazy media did not bother to investigate. Yet when the facts come out disproving their assertions, both the politicians and antigun lobbyists are silent."

King concluded, "Here's my suggestion to the New York media: Track down all those SAFE supporters and ask them, in light of the evidence, to justify their position."  
View Quote

"We (they) had to do it for the Children, and and and the Police, and we had to do it immeaditly else everyone would rush out and buy one (AW)..." Jack-asses; sad part is even if we get them out of orifice, they'll continue to line their pockets at our expense.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, those are just reasonable homicides to go along with reasonable gun control.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

They'd just say it was a lie...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#4]
It will be something along the lines of "Don't bore us with the facts.  Our gut feeling tells us it is working."
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to mention the fact that NEARLY ALL of the so-called "SafeAct" arrests in NYC would have been arrests under to old laws.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Needs moar gun laws.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
See the point isn't to take guns from criminals...criminals will always have guns. It's to keep law abiding citizens SAFE.

Sounds like they need to ban marijuana to stop the violence.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems like there was a lot of violence during the alcohol prohibition...maybe just legalize weed already.

Wait...that would mean job creation and freedom for NYers. Can't do that until someone lines politicians pockets sufficiently.

Can't fucking wait to leave here...I'll be gone by 2016 even if it means giving my house away.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like there was a lot of violence during the alcohol prohibition...maybe just legalize weed already.

Wait...that would mean job creation and freedom for NYers. Can't do that until someone lines politicians pockets sufficiently.

Can't fucking wait to leave here...I'll be gone by 2016 even if it means giving my house away.
View Quote

All the violence do to pot is in Mexico........In 20 years on LE I never met a violent pothead.

Methheads......yes.......crackheads.....yes......alcohol......yes
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

All the violence do to pot is in Mexico........In 20 years on LE I never met a violent pothead.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not potheads but pot dealers tend to violence. That's where the real money is.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is because it's illegal
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#12]
In 20 years of Law Enforcement how many violent incidents have you responded to involving alcohol?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In 20 years of Law Enforcement how many violent incidents have you responded to involving alcohol?
View Quote

Too many to count......
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Too many to count......
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Too many to count......
Not even one stoner fight over the last bag of cheetos?  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too many to count......

"Bro you're harshing my mellow"
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Also stoners don't call the cops.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Facts, schmacts.  Eat your organic Greek yogurt and smoke your Rocky Mountain Kush, citizen.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure they do.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Incorrect, sir!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMxkPAu6yk
Love the early 90's cordless phone... Wait... I have some like that somewhere...

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Incorrect, sir!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Incorrect, sir!

Damn. I assumed wrong.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#22]
If memory serves the last caller was a cop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top