Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I've taken the backcountry camping regs and have made use of them in the what is essentially the most extreme examples possible that still fall within the rules of the regs to the letter.

Im not a hunter (on land), but I do deal a lot with NYS DEC, and I always call the office and speak to someone before I plan on going out to a certain area for the first time.

In my expierence DEC is far and away the mos well run (possibly the only well run) state agency in we have. I always get someone on the phone when I call, and they always do their best to either help me out, or get me on the line with someone who can. With an unrestricted land access permit, as well as a matching car placard, I have yet to have a problem with camping in all kinds of fun places wildnerness style.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think its absurd that there needs to be a law regulating fire.. If your to stupid to understand what fire can do, I will personal give you 5 gallons of gas and some matches and you can go play with it, either your learn, or darwin wins... Either way society as a whole will benefit..
View Quote

You may think that there needs to be a law, but the reality is when someone screws up and burns something down by their actions there needs to be a law on the books to charge them with for what they did
People "know" what the consequences of fire are. That doesn't stop them from doing stupid stuff
Out west every year many of these forest fires are started by people who do stupid stuff with fire and they wind up destroying thousands of acres and people homes etc
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't believe there are any NYS Parks (OPRHP) within the Adirondacks, it would be DEC Forest Preserve and with the exception of the developed Campgrounds are legal to carry on.  It may seem semantics, but legally there a world of difference between them.

If one wishes to possess a firearm for whatever legal purpose while camping in the Daks just utilize one of the hundreds of designated primitive camping sties scattered all over the Park and forget the Campgrounds. Best of all they're free to use. Or go camp anywhere it is legal and un-designated some where in the almost three million DEC administered acres.....
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

§215.2 Prohibitions

Except as allowed by section 215.3 of this Part, no person shall burn, cause, suffer, allow or permit the burning of any materials in an open fire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh baloney    [some asshole at an admin agency]"don't forget to ban guns!"
The douchebags banned fire and you still think these are rational people?

banned fire as in only allowed fires in approved fire pits?
Or banned fires during a dry season?
http://www.dec.ny.gov/regs/4261.html

That just defines when open burning is legal, it doesn't ban any open fires at all.

§215.2 Prohibitions

Except as allowed by section 215.3 of this Part, no person shall burn, cause, suffer, allow or permit the burning of any materials in an open fire.

Those are the Air regs, which are applicable in your back yard - not just the NYS Parks and Camps. DEC Forest Preserve lands are governed pursuant to Part 190. Here's the fire section:http://www.dec.ny.gov/regs/4081.html#13003
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top