Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 3:33:53 PM EDT
And I know it, thus I never followed through with LE because of stuff like this...

Created: 01/30/2015 12:53 PM WHEC.com

A Livingston County couple is accused of disciplining a six-year-old child with a wooden back scratcher and wet towels, leaving marks on the child.

Randy Pierson and Marianele Cutlip, both 25 of Avon, are charged with endangering the welfare of a child and harassment.

Sheriff's deputies say they were contacted by the Department of Social Services to assist in a possible child abuse situation. Deputies say they discovered there had been an ongoing pattern of abuse with regard to a six-year-old child.

We're told the couple struck the child with a wooden back scratcher and wet towels, resulting in marks being left on the child that were found when she was in school.

Pierson is being held on $500 bail and Cutlip is being held on $250 bail. Both are due in court at a later date.

The child has been removed from the home.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
People slip and fall on the ice all the time...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoulda stuck with a switch.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And that would explain the missing eyes, ears, and reproductive organs how?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
And I know it, thus I never followed through with LE because of stuff like this...

Created: 01/30/2015 12:53 PM WHEC.com

A Livingston County couple is accused of disciplining a six-year-old child with a wooden back scratcher and wet towels, leaving marks on the child.

Randy Pierson and Marianele Cutlip, both 25 of Avon, are charged with endangering the welfare of a child and harassment.

Sheriff's deputies say they were contacted by the Department of Social Services to assist in a possible child abuse situation. Deputies say they discovered there had been an ongoing pattern of abuse with regard to a six-year-old child.

We're told the couple struck the child with a wooden back scratcher and wet towels, resulting in marks being left on the child that were found when she was in school.

Pierson is being held on $500 bail and Cutlip is being held on $250 bail. Both are due in court at a later date.

The child has been removed from the home.
View Quote

I'm sure I am missing something more here... but my mother used a wooden spoon and my dad used a belt...

Used to happen all the time ... because I was not a good kid. And they left marks.

Were they basing it so let on you leaving a mark? That's not that indicative of abuse. Were there other things at all reported?  Like obvious be using of the face or ribcage?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do a lot of my wood chipping in the winter.  Sounds good to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top