Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Mark,
    Glad to see you participating in this thread.

Your qd mounts are the best.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My post Sandy Hook stealth upper (yeah I've been waiting over 2 years now) went from "gun room" to "restricted/hold" at some point (relatively) recently.  Apparently something came up and they are investigating whether they want to ship pre-ban uppers here or whether they might come up with some post-ban neutered configuration.  Apparently Mark is going to make a decision after SHOT but just FYI for anyone who might have an order pending. Obviously a crowned barrel doesn't prevent you from making an illegal gun and you can put a pre-ban upper on a fixed magazine so it seems a little arbitrary.  
View Quote

I search  "LaRue" every once in a while and I see you started this thread back on the 27th.  Yeah yeah, and I see the usual sex maniacs yelling "Fluck LaRue !!" - I got good solid looks, but it's a curse I've learned to live with.

We're all but caught up now, so I'm all ears.  Here's what I know - my Lord of Regulations says y'all can't have threads.  Plaease expound.

ML

View Quote
Threaded barrel uppers are legal on   1-registered assault rifles, you receive a document from the NYSP listing a registered rifle it says "Assault Weapon(s) Registration Approval" then lists the rifle, manufacturer, model etc
2-rifles with a fixed magazine

I have a lower that has an internal 10 round magazine. There is no opening in the bottom of the lower, you have to load it by opening the upper and lower. LWRC had a prototype lower that had a fixed magazine, where the bottom er here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqW3ABzeQD8&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404

I would think if you are particularly worried you could require proof that someone has a registered assault rifle, although there are fixed magazine lowers around, various gunshops are fixing 10 round magazines to lowers in various ways

View Quote

You can also have threaded barrels on any AR that isn't semi-auto. There are "bolt" or "pump" action ARs out there as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Roger that aimless.  

So, I take it we can send an upper with a threaded barrel as long as the buyer checks the box that (as a citizen of NY) he's allowed to have one ?

And new rifles simply cannot have threads ?

ML

View Quote
If it has no "ugly" features like this one...

...(No bayo lug, no threads, no pistol grip, no adjustable stock) then it can be semi auto, and take detachable 10rd mags.  If it is no longer semi-auto (disabled gas system), then it can have all the ugly features someone wants.

Here, check out this document written by the NY State Police Law-yas.... http://document.li/ak48

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If it has no "ugly" features like this one...

[nyliberallogic] If a rifle has a pistol grip, or a baynet lug, or an adjutsable stock, or a threaded barrel, it is capable of gunning down a herd of school kids.  IF you remove those, you inhibit the rifle from running down the street, and shooting up a school [/nyliberallogic]

That's the reasoning behind it.  The pic is one I put together with a Thordsen stock.  Has different sights on it now, though.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You cannot sell me a new AR15. There is no NY law prohibiting me from buying a threaded upper or for anyone selling me one. I am guessing your lawyer knows that and is being cautious and trying to get you go to beyond what the law requires, fearing you could be sued or something for supplying a threaded barrel to someone who then uses it to make an illegal assault rifle.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Roger that aimless.  

So, I take it we can send an upper with a threaded barrel as long as the buyer checks the box that (as a citizen of NY) he's allowed to have one ?

ML

You cannot sell me a new AR15. There is no NY law prohibiting me from buying a threaded upper or for anyone selling me one. I am guessing your lawyer knows that and is being cautious and trying to get you go to beyond what the law requires, fearing you could be sued or something for supplying a threaded barrel to someone who then uses it to make an illegal assault rifle.  

I don't know you and how risk averse you are. Rock River Arms won't sell a trigger guard to anyone in New York, probably model one will sell me an AR pistol kit. Personally I think there is no real risk from selling uppers to NY, but California did sue some companies for selling mag kits to california residents. Maybe a box would make your position better, certainly requiring a copy of someone's assault weapon registration would be the safest and most conservative tact, short of not selling threaded uppers at all or just forgetting about NY.

That being said... there are many places selling AR15's locally now.  They are either the Ares model, or a Stag, Windham, or other with a target crown and the Thordsen stock, or the Fuckpumper from Troy.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Brakes and flash hiders okay ?
View Quote
Muzzle breaks are banned, but muzzle brakes are ok if they're permanently attached.  Due to a misspelling in the law.  Not sure how many have challenged that, though.  (Someone correct me if I missed something about that, though.)

ETA: No flash hiders.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What about a compensator / recoil reducer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Brakes and flash hiders okay ?
Well, I would say no. Flash hiders and "breaks" are illegal. They misspelled "brakes" when they passed the law and that is being litigated. I would not have a brake on a post ban gun  

Both are legal on a registered assault rifle

What about a compensator / recoil reducer

Email/IM me
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you for replying ML.  Please let us know what you guys decide.  Be assured I have no pitchforks, they're banned here too.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What about something like Magnaport ?  
View Quote

I don't see any issues with that.
The muzzle "brake" portion of un-SAFE was tossed because of spelling. (Law spelled it break)
The two most common means of keeping a MSR "legal" has been to permanently attach a magazine (California Bullet Button) or to replace the pistol grip with a spur or silly stock.
Stripped lowers are being stocked and sold here daily, and manufacturers are shipping complete rifles to dealers here.
We understand the need to not only comply with the Law, but to prevent litigation that cost your Company money. Getting anything in writing from .gov is damn near impossible, however there ARE people in the know and involved that would be happy to lend their assistance.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#25]
A thread protector and a pin & weld makes the threads a non issue, no?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Mark you can send all the uppers you want..it is what lower you put them on..

for instance.

this lower from a company in NY is compliant and can run all the features you want, the mag is fixed it is a top loader

also maybe the user wants to put a thread cap and pin it...that would also be in compliance for a featurless setup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I search  "LaRue" every once in a while and I see you started this thread back on the 27th.  Yeah yeah, and I see the usual sex maniacs yelling "Fluck LaRue !!" - I got good solid looks, but it's a curse I've learned to live with.

We're all but caught up now, so I'm all ears.  Here's what I know - my Lord of Regulations says y'all can't have threads.  Plaease expound.

ML

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My post Sandy Hook stealth upper (yeah I've been waiting over 2 years now) went from "gun room" to "restricted/hold" at some point (relatively) recently.  Apparently something came up and they are investigating whether they want to ship pre-ban uppers here or whether they might come up with some post-ban neutered configuration.  Apparently Mark is going to make a decision after SHOT but just FYI for anyone who might have an order pending. Obviously a crowned barrel doesn't prevent you from making an illegal gun and you can put a pre-ban upper on a fixed magazine so it seems a little arbitrary.  

ML

Thanks so much for giving this some attention.  Apologize if this attracted negative attention.

Aimless has addressed most of your concerns, so I'll just speak to my own application briefly.  In anticipation of the bans eventually being lifted and/or the possibility of moving out of state (perhaps more likely), and in order to preserve the resale value of parts, some have opted to create non-semi-automatic ARs or ARs with fixed magazines as the relevant parts of the ban restricting particular features only apply to semi-automatic guns with detachable magazines.  My application would be of the fixed magazine variety.  We're restricted to 7 rounds anyway, so no matter how you slice it, while in New York, it will always be a range toy.  In the case that I never actually move out of New York, eventually I'll have land out of state, in which case threads would be a relevant feature in the future on a gun that should be around for many years.  Also if I'm building a target/hunting gun for distance maybe I'd prefer a muzzel device with my fixed magazine.  

In any event it's possible to make a featureless upper illegal just as it is possible to make a full featured upper illegal.  With the pistol grip now a banned feature, the configuration of the lower is now just as relevant as the upper.

As for full guns, you have an option of the grip stock and no features or a fixed magazine and full features...as soon as you start selling a fixed magazine AR-10 I'd love to get I that list.  

As to the matter of registrations, I don't have anything which requires registration and never will...and I like to think a good number of use made sure we had nothin to register as well.

I tend to avoid risk in these areas as my legal career wouldn't go too far following a felony arrest, but your choices are your own.  Thanks  for your attention.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Roger that aimless.  

ML

View Quote

its up to the purchaser to remain legal at all times,,  at least that has been the status quo around here for all of the 10 years I've been around...

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Sir,

Should you wish to converse on the subject you are welcome to contact me at any time. An IM or email can get the ball rolling. I will provide contact information in response.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Roger that aimless.  

ML

View Quote

As far as a complete semi-automatic rifle is concerned - with detachable magazine - no pistol grip, bayonet lug, flash hider, compensator, muzzle break, threaded barrel capable of accepting attachments.

With a fixed magazine there are no such restrictions.

I understand the need to protect the business you spent your lifetime building. Please continue to ship us what you can without exposing yourself to legal liability - there are good links in the sticky up top for your lawyers and quite a few of the ESQ. Types here who can provide a non layman interpretation.

Also we love BBQ here too.

Thanks for coming here and showing us that #NYLivesMatter

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll bring some with me and cryo treat 'em.[/span]
View Quote

Believe me, you really should contact  Natty_Bumppo
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Doh!  Just looked on LaRue sight to check price on a SOPMOD stock, and saw it wouldn't ship to NY.  Then found this thread.  Good to see ML here responding - thank you.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:45:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Doh!  Just looked on LaRue sight to check price on a SOPMOD stock, and saw it wouldn't ship to NY.  Then found this thread.  Good to see ML here responding - thank you.
View Quote

Give it a little time: I'm positive LaRue will open back up to NY sales.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Trackin' on KR ...[/span]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bring some with me and cryo treat 'em.[/span]

Believe me, you really should contact  Natty_Bumppo

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Trackin' on KR ...[/span]

I'd like to be a fly on the wall during this conversation

Please open up sales to NY again.  I wanted to buy something from Larue, and would hate to boycott you
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Also I strongly encourage the sale of Dillos and Dillo Dust...sometimes we gather at 41magluvas or Buckshot429's to Barbeque.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#37]
As much as I like LT stuff, especially mounts, I have never received or tried any of that Dillo dust I hear about.

I will definitely have a BBQ if someone would bring some.

Fixed mag lower build party?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:47:31 PM EDT
[#38]
So I can't see my order online anymore, haven't heard anything...guess it's cancelled...
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So I can't see my order online anymore, haven't heard anything...guess it's cancelled...
View Quote

Holy shit! I've had 2 uppers on order for over 2 years now, both orders are gone also. No email, no phone call, no heads up.

What a shit way to do business.

EDIT..

I rescind my post. LaRue has taken care of any issues regarding my orders. Things happen.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We were unsuccessful in our multiple long term attempts to make contact with some back-orders.  We were forced to assume they had gotten married, gotten divorced, gotten a boat, gotten a baby, gotten a farm, gotten a life sentence, etc., so we decided to store that list in our inactive file and wait.  

Bet you are on that list.  Call us up and say "Hey!"

ML

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit! I've had 2 uppers on order for over 2 years now, both orders are gone also. No email, no phone call, no heads up.

What a shit way to do business.

We were unsuccessful in our multiple long term attempts to make contact with some back-orders.  We were forced to assume they had gotten married, gotten divorced, gotten a boat, gotten a baby, gotten a farm, gotten a life sentence, etc., so we decided to store that list in our inactive file and wait.  

Bet you are on that list.  Call us up and say "Hey!"

ML

If they're prepaid and need a home...
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Why 7 round?....we can have 10s
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We as in New York ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We as in New York ?

Yes, but we can only load 7 rounds in a 10 round magazine.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
We as in New York ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We as in New York ?
Yep.  10 is g2g here.   We can even have 30 rounders with strategically placed rivets in them.  Makes liberals pee their pants when they see a mag sticking out of the magwell that long.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Unless, you live in the western district then you can load 10

And everyone can load 10 at the range

And the nysp have been directed not to enforce the 7. Round in 10 mags
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Chriminy, I can't keep up.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We as in New York ?

Yes, but we can only load 7 rounds in a 10 round magazine.  

Chriminy, I can't keep up.  

It can be difficult but in this thread there are a few posts which explain some things.

Any plans on sending threaded barrel uppers to NY again?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top