Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Now saying 8-12 inches in NYC.  Damn FUAC got all flustered once again for a single foot of snow.  What a waste of resources.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
These weather reporters  are wrong every time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Just saw the Governor saying ALL roads shut down in state. . . misdemeanor if you're caught out driving. . . for real. . .

What a joke,. . I think we have about 3--4 inches here in S. Westchester. . . Historic blizzard my ass!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just saw the Governor saying ALL roads shut down in state. . . misdemeanor if you're caught out driving. . . for real. . .

What a joke,. . I think we have about 3--4 inches here in S. Westchester. . . Historic blizzard my ass!
View Quote

The only "historic" thing about this storm is the amount of bullshit hype. Although we get a day off tomorrow, which is not bad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:36:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The only "historic" thing about this storm is the amount of bullshit hype. Although we get a day off tomorrow, which is not bad.
View Quote

I'm not sure if I'm off tomorrow or not.  I agreed to work from home then two hours later the boss closed the office.  So, I'm planning on working from home tomorrow.

Also I looked like an a-hole when I left at 2pm today after the news was saying that the LIRR would be closed at rush hour.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

He also signed the Executive Order today saying he could close down the state and local roads.  I wonder how many more of them he will sign.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:24:53 AM EDT
[#7]
How the fuck is that enforceable?  Don't watch Tv? Didn't turn your car radio on because you're concentrating on the road?  Misdomeanor!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:41:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How the fuck is that enforceable?  Don't watch Tv? Didn't turn your car radio on because you're concentrating on the road?  Misdomeanor!
View Quote
Emergency free for all, message of necessity, FEMA camps blah blah...I'm sure none of the cops could even figure out how to write it up if they wanted to.  But whatever it's good practice for getting us used to a curfew.  Maybe this is just a good opportunity for a test....

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#9]
well I woke up early to snow blow and take the dog out and leave early for work.
I am in saratoga county and there is no snow on the ground from this storm at my house
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#10]
FUCK YOU, CUOMO!!  YOU GOD DAMNED NAZI FUCK!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Andy would do anything to take heat off himself. Well, Preet is not falling for the prick's trick.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just goes to show that in his daily thought process he thinks everyone in this state is no different than NYC
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Well got up this morning and just a dusting in the southern tier. The best part about this blizzard was watching Andy sitting very uncomfortably in front of the TV cameras explaining away the road closures and bridges and trains.  Government overreach that's about it.

Edit:$300 fine for driving where did they pull this out of, their fucking motherfucking assholes.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Just goes to show that in his daily thought process he thinks everyone in this state is no different than NYC   he's very comfortable as a dictator . . .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just goes to show that in his daily thought process he thinks everyone in this state is no different than NYC   he's very comfortable as a dictator . . .
FIFY

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just goes to show that in his daily thought process he thinks everyone in this state is no different than NYC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Emergency free for all, message of necessity, FEMA camps blah blah...I'm sure none of the cops could even figure out how to write it up if they wanted to.  But whatever it's good practice for getting us used to a curfew.  Maybe this is just a good opportunity for a test....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Executive law 2b

You're welcome,  I didn't have to look it up.   I remember tractor trailers during the ice storm of 98 or 99 that were driving despite the ban getting the charges after being parked by the troopers and then getting right back on the road.  The trucks were taking down all the ice heavy low hanging wires adding to the festivities.  Take out the phones of people without heat and power and you compound the safety problem.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
well I woke up early to snow blow and take the dog out and leave early for work.
I am in saratoga county and there is no snow on the ground from this storm at my house
View Quote

Yep, nothing across the river either.  A couple minutes of flurries was about it.

I'm fine with no snow, I need the iced over driveway to melt which isn't going to happen any time soon with the called for temps.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Only 1" here in Kingston.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
It's called WINTER and it happens every year, yet the fear mongering media and politicians would have us believe that they are protecting us. Remember when a snow storm was just that, a snow storm? Now we give it a name, ooooh scary.
Weather Forecasters and Politicians are the only occupation that can constantly be so wrong yet keep their jobs, try that in any other occupation.
This country is turning into a Nanny State, people need to be lead around like sheep.
End rant
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Preet can add one more charge to Andyboy's list:  being a complete, fucking, moronic, inept leader in the face of a non-existant "blizzard" of the century.  

What a joke these people are.  All they are doing is covering their own asses in case it turns out bad.  The end result is chicken little.  The next time nobody will even pay attention and they'll get walloped.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Just wait until we get the bill for fuckyou wanting to build a NY weather service.  Oh, I'm sure they won't release accuracy numbers on that epic fucking fail, too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Breaking news just in from the Nanny State. Governor Coumo will again impose NY EXC Law 24, Local State of Emergency until further notice. More restrictions to follow. Sun set is at 1707 hours and as such, it has been declared that due to night fall, it will be unsafe to be out side. The 1500 hour curfew will be strictly enforced for your own good. Gov. Coumo said, "Nobody needs to be outside when it's dark out. We (The State) know what's good for you. We will be watching".  This message was endorsed by Mayor De Blasio.

Hell, even the blizzard turned it's back on Warren Wilhelm, Jr...

I love how they hyped the shit out of this little storm to scare the sheep...just like when they passed SAFE.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:05:24 PM EDT
[#22]
According to the left, if you travel during a snow ban, you're committing a crime but if you illegally enter the US, you're not.
can you imagine their confusion if an illegal alien was "Immigrating" here during the storm?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been out driving around Batavia and Pembroke during some pretty heavy snow.  Was fun.  Stopped at the truck stop and had two burgers.  Did you know that restaurant out there at the TA does free second helpings on a lot of meals?  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I almost stayed home today, 3 inches of snow on my driveway.   It was like katrina in cny
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I got more snow from 10am to Noon today then all last night and yesterday. Orange county
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#26]
So I was outside starting to clear my car when a shady character with a gun started walking up... from the first moment I knew he was up to no good..

And yes that actually is how much snow I got...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So I was out starting to clear my car and a shady character with a gun started walking up... from the first moment I knew he was up to no good..

http://s23.postimg.org/n4q5y7kzv/fuacsnowsmall.jpg

View Quote

OK, you qualify.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#28]
We got about 6" in Southern Westchester.  If cumhole and dipshitsio were republicans the MSM would be all over them for shutting everything down.  Republicans don't care about the little people that lost an evenings pay!  Think about the millions $ lost.  Bar and restaurant servers, movie and theater workers, taxi drivers, parking attendants who live on tips.  Truck drivers delayed.  Overnight packages not delivered.  Crazy.  All because of the megalomaniac governor and mayor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So I was outside starting to clear my car when a shady character with a gun started walking up... from the first moment I knew he was up to no good..

View Quote

Wait...I think we need to see that license plate!  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It says FUAC but unfortunately it's photoshopped.  I put it in place of my real plate.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Well it's knee deep in my yard and waist deep at the road side from the plows. And it ain't going no where 'cause I can't shovel.

All in all I still don't think it was that bad, at least around here.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top