Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
So does this mean he won't be able to go on the trip to Cuba?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did not see that movie, but I picture the scene from Goodfellas (?) where he's making spaghetti sauce with garlic so thin it melts.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lTW9Y7iZatc/TfOhjUcTmqI/AAAAAAAABPw/jsJtvID9YTU/s1600/goodfellas3.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'll get sent to some country club resort prison

With 6 Million dollars to spend!!!

You remember that movie Cradle to the Grave? That dude in prison who had the penthouse?  That sounds about right?

Did not see that movie, but I picture the scene from Goodfellas (?) where he's making spaghetti sauce with garlic so thin it melts.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lTW9Y7iZatc/TfOhjUcTmqI/AAAAAAAABPw/jsJtvID9YTU/s1600/goodfellas3.jpg

He's Jewish....
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He's Jewish....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'll get sent to some country club resort prison

With 6 Million dollars to spend!!!

You remember that movie Cradle to the Grave? That dude in prison who had the penthouse?  That sounds about right?

He's Jewish....

Did they stop eating garlic?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did they stop eating garlic?
View Quote

"The Lox are sliced SO thin..."
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Dems seem to be defending him. Hope this rolls through the legislature like a tornado through a trailer park.

My phone bit the dust yesterday so I was late catching onto this. 3 pages already? You all make me so proud.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
As soon as I saw the news I wanted to pop into the NY HTF and see the reactions.

This is great news. My wife is a New Yorker and I've spent a lot of time there.

Rot in jail Shelly
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dems seem to be defending him. Hope this rolls through the legislature like a tornado through a trailer park.

My phone bit the dust yesterday so I was late catching onto this. 3 pages already? You all make me so proud.
View Quote

If they are defending him, he has dirt on them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/228027/assembly-democrats-stand-behind-silver/

The Assembly’s Democratic majority publicly stood behind Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver after deliberating for roughly two hours about the leadership of the chamber amid a damning set of charges that allege Silver took kickbacks and bribes and tried to mask them as income.

I mean, what does he need to do?  Does he need to murder a hooker on the assembly floor before they will no longer back him?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/228027/assembly-democrats-stand-behind-silver/
I mean, what does he need to do?  Does he need to murder a hooker on the assembly floor before they will no longer back him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Assembly’s Democratic majority publicly stood behind Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver after deliberating for roughly two hours about the leadership of the chamber amid a damning set of charges that allege Silver took kickbacks and bribes and tried to mask them as income.

That depends.  Is the hooker white or black?

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I have conducted investigations with federal prosecutors. They WILL NOT make a move unless they are damned sure the charges will stick to the point that the defendant will beg for a plea. IF they allow a plea then said defendant has to bring something to the table. At least that's how it works in my experience.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have conducted investigations with federal prosecutors. They WILL NOT make a move unless they are damned sure the charges will stick to the point that the defendant will beg for a plea. IF they allow a plea then said defendant has to bring something to the table. At least that's how it works in my experience.
View Quote

That makes me happy. I sure hope they nail this fool to the max and he rolls over on his boy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Add to that Bahara's statement that this is the tip of the iceberg and his vow to keep investigating the NY government.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope he rolls on everyone else!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]
The Cuomo second floor is all about how there can be no "appearance of impropriety", never about NO impropriety. Let's hope that USA Bharara can keep things going, I have to believe that there is much nervousness and political positioning going on in Albany right now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#15]
http://www.fingerlakesdailynews.com/news/details.cfm?clientid=16&id=160709#.VMFX9UfF9zp
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dick just got a little bit hard.

If I see Cuomo doing the perp walk I'll probably jizz my pants though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#18]
If a cop was reportedly taking bribes none of these flaccid cocksuckers would be talking about having the cop stay on his job to stay and fight.

Almost to a one, all of the democunts have lined up behind this despicable piece of rotting bowel movement to defend him - because he is one of them.

I hope one of the feds is careless enough after the trial - when SS  has been sentenced to 45 yrs in jail, where he grabs their gun and eats it right in the middle of his last perp walk.

Fucking scum - apologies to scum.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If a cop was reportedly taking bribes none of these flaccid cocksuckers would be talking about having the cop stay on his job to stay and fight.

Almost to a one, all of the democunts have lined up behind this despicable piece of rotting bowel movement to defend him - because he is one of them.

I hope one of the feds is careless enough after the trial - when SS  has been sentenced to 45 yrs in jail, where he grabs their gun and eats it right in the middle of his last perp walk.

View Quote

That's the public line, the NY Daily News has a great article and they're not known for their right wing stance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/editorial-sheldon-silver-bad-bone-article-1.2088022

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Hero of the day
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#21]

"Today, in order to prevent Silver from accessing his alleged ill-gotten
gains, we also announce that the court has issued warrants allowing us
to seize approximately $3.8 million in alleged fraud proceeds
that
Silver had dispersed among eight different bank accounts at six
different banks,” Bharara said.

View Quote

Haha.  Fuck you, Sheldon.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I liken it to not being hooked in the lip, nope not hooked in the gills, it's being hooked so deep in the guts the hook is closer to your asshole.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Cuomo second floor is all about how there can be no "appearance of impropriety", never about NO impropriety. Let's hope that USA Bharara can keep things going, I have to believe that there is much nervousness and political positioning going on in Albany right now.
View Quote

I'd be glad to see them clean house so clean the capital janitor staff are the only ones left.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Gotta love Steve McLaughlin.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's the public line, the NY Daily News has a great article and they're not known for their right wing stance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/editorial-sheldon-silver-bad-bone-article-1.2088022

View Quote

During the Q&A after his press statement, Preet mentioned that the doctor Shelly was in cahoots with had accepted immunity in return for his testimony against Silver.  The article doesn't pick up on that, but it is a cornerstone to what happened today.  

Good stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Daily News is trying to distance Andy from Sheldy. Look at the last paragraph - Cuomo wanted ethics reform, Silver fought him in court. Like the two of them didn't conspire to disband the commission to protect themselves.

FUAC FUSS FUMB FUBHO
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope you guys are right about the Feds and how they get bulletproof cases. It would be awesome if Albany got a douching. I think Silver is toast , I just hope its a honest investigation and yields other arrests.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

If this chair didn't have arm-rests I'da fell and broke my face (ps, all chairborne commando chairs have arm-rests, it is in the by-laws!).

I cannot believe the NY DailyNews turned so viciously on him - and good for them.

In what occupation would we read a report of someone being arrested by the feds for bribes (by loose definition short circuiting the process by use of your office for personal gain to self or others) and people like Tall (dumb) Man Blasio coming out with such glowing praise? Your confidential bosses would not only have you under the buses, they'd hold you down to run a train of buses over you.

Really, I hope he drags down a dozen of these arseholes with him and allow us to get legislation proposed to curb these abnormal powers.

Thanks for the link. I try to avoid the Daily News on accord of the birds dying and all...

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Gotta love Steve McLaughlin.

http://youtu.be/cE_PnGj_X9U  
View Quote
Holy shitfuckpiss.

I am not gay but I so want Aimless to give Steve a blow job!!!!

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Go Preet Go!!!!

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Can we send him an ARFCOM certificate of appreciation?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#33]
The ONLY thing I want to see more than that POS libtard cunt behind bars...........is him rolling on that POS libtard cunt Cuomo!

FUAC       FUSS

Vapor
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Cuffed behind the back, that's a message.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Preet says he also seized 3.8 million dollars today from eight of Silver's bank accounts at six different banks.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Never thought I'd see the day.

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I was wondering if that meant something or was "just procedure"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cuffed behind the back, that's a message.
I was wondering if that meant something or was "just procedure"  

Officially, it's procedure. But if they were going to soft shoe this it would have been a far different photo op. I've taken people in and out of the USA's office in NYC, there's many ways to do it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#41]
What's the purpose behind his hasidic hat?  Trying to stir up some Jewish sympathy, maybe?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What's the purpose behind his hasidic hat?  Trying to stir up some Jewish sympathy, maybe?
View Quote

The hat and cloak were very carefully selected I'm sure. Look at the big bad USA picking on a Jew from the neighborhood. Shitbird.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The hat and cloak were very carefully selected I'm sure. Look at the big bad USA picking on a Jew from the neighborhood. Shitbird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking politician to the end.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#44]
If he brings cuomo down i'm buying drinks
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey, not to be the dumb mouth  breathing step-cousin here or any thing....help me out.

There was a really brainy chic up in MA? who either over stated her creds, or was falsifying DNA (or some other) results. A bunch of cases she was involved with were thrown out.

Is there a mechanism in NY where if we have a tainted politico - especially a leading politician, where any legislation he or she touched is likewise tainted?

One can only hope.
N_B, in addition to the hat and cloak, he is doing his "poor ol grandpa" look. Every time I ever saw this guy on the tube he was haughty as can be. The release of the information to the NYT before 4am this morning was to ensure it hit the print press, and to ensure his "perp walk" was highly visible.

Any ideas where he should end up serving that multi-term sentence? Since his ill gotten gains were from abuse of his office, does he get to keep his pension?

/ml

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

id be happy with a felony plea and a roll over on no less than 30 of his faggot compatriots
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If he brings cuomo down i'm buying drinks
View Quote

If he brings Cuomo down we're dosing more than alcohol for that party.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:18:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well except for Uncle Joe... They brought a weak case, he said go fuck yourselves... And he beat them, TWICE!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hey, not to be the dumb mouth  breathing step-cousin here or any thing....help me out.

There was a really brainy chic up in MA? who either over stated her creds, or was falsifying DNA (or some other) results. A bunch of cases she was involved with were thrown out.

Is there a mechanism in NY where if we have a tainted politico - especially a leading politician, where any legislation he or she touched is likewise tainted?

One can only hope.

N_B, in addition to the hat and cloak, he is doing his "poor ol grandpa" look. Every time I ever saw this guy on the tube he was haughty as can be. The release of the information to the NYT before 4am this morning was to ensure it hit the print press, and to ensure his "perp walk" was highly visible.

Any ideas where he should end up serving that multi-term sentence? Since his ill gotten gains were from abuse of his office, does he get to keep his pension?

/ml
View Quote

Doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top