Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 10:38:24 AM EDT
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/exclusive-cuomo-sign-ban-pets-tattoos-piercings-article-1.2045423

hooray!  we are all saved!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/exclusive-cuomo-sign-ban-pets-tattoos-piercings-article-1.2045423

View Quote

And you thought only California had fruits & nuts.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theres quite a few in the comments section of that article.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Ban everything!!! Down with freedom! No one needs 10 of anything to do anything!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's ban shit that is a minimal issue with like 2 documented occurrences - rather than just applying existing laws!

The more weird laws we pass the less time the public and media will spend criticizing how corrupt we are!

Taxtaxtaxtaxtax
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont.

i cant.

i want off this planet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I know lots of people get their animals tattooed on the inside of their ears with owner information, especially farm animals... So now they have to spend extra money on microchipping?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know lots of people get their animals tattooed on the inside of their ears with owner information, especially farm animals... So now they have to spend extra money on microchipping?
View Quote

from what i understand, that style of tattooing is still legal.  but u cant get "designs" tattooed on your pets.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]
But, but, but, I have to something meaningful while I am in office.  I have to change lives and touch hearts.  

Just one more reason I am ashamed to live in NY :(
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But, but, but, I have to something meaningful while I am in office.  I have to change lives and touch hearts.  

Just one more reason I am ashamed to live in NY :(
View Quote

But you can still get your infants ears peirced... glad we got that one right. Fuckin moron
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let's ban shit that is a minimal issue with like 2 documented occurrences - rather than just applying existing laws!

The more weird laws we pass the less time the public and media will spend criticizing how corrupt we are!

Taxtaxtaxtaxtax
View Quote

Pretty much this.  
Then again this is NY what do you expect... they love making new laws vs enforcing existing ones.

Plus ... wait, you can't tattoo or pierce the dog but if you want to chop its tail off you're good to go?  

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish so badly I could pick up my life and move.  I really despise this state.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wish so badly I could pick up my life and move.  I really despise this state.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Would this apply to people that breed dogs? I have seen some high end dog breeders that tattoo inside the mouth for identification purposes.
Also when I used to live in NY, I worked at a horse farm and trained race horses. All of them had tattoos under their upper lip for ID.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Are farmers still allowed to put tags in cows and pigs ears?

Can we still cut notches in their ears?

Are we still allowed to tattoo makings the insides of hunting dogs ears?

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Would this apply to people that breed dogs? I have seen some high end dog breeders that tattoo inside the mouth for identification purposes.
Also when I used to live in NY, I worked at a horse farm and trained race horses. All of them had tattoos under their upper lip for ID.
View Quote

According to one of the comments it's still allowed for identification and spaying.

but ... seriously how is tattooing a dog any different than cutting it up for "ascetics"?   Don't get me wrong - I hate the practice of cutting their tails off or chopping the ears down but... why is one form of mutilation allowed and another form now illegal?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#17]
The scary thing is, id bet the folks tattooing their pets are voting for him.  U cant fix stupid.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh thank God!  I was mere moments away from shaving my beagle and my cat completely hairless and absolutely covering their bodies in tattoos of genitalia, satan, ghost guns, and fracking water.  Thank you for saving my pets Prince Andy!

Much Love,
Your Most Loyal Subject

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top