[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She's from South Hampton.

According to the OP article, the lawsuit against South Hampton was dropped & they stuck Suffolk County with all the bills.
View Quote
I don't know what Southampton Town had to do with it. I assume it's correct she was arrested by the SC Sheriff as I think there is a substation couple hundred feet away and she was held at their holding facilities.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't know what Southampton Town had to do with it. I assume it's correct she was arrested by the SC Sheriff as I think there is a substation couple hundred feet away and she was held at their holding facilities.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the OP article, the lawsuit against South Hampton was dropped & they stuck Suffolk County with all the bills.

Their cops started this & then passed it over to the DS;

http://personalliberty.com/arrested-for-taking-pictures-tortured-for-being-a-teabagger/

...After taking a few pictures she crossed the street again and got into her car to drive away. As she did, Southampton Town Police Lt. Robert Iberger stopped her and demanded to know why she was taking photographs.

Iberger took her camera. Genovese got a hold of the camera and removed the memory card. Iberger confiscated it. Iberger then notified the Suffolk County Sherriff’s Office and airport authorities that he had a potential terrorist detained. Before long, officers from other local departments and agents from the FBI and Department of Homeland Security were on the scene...

...On May 1, Iberger retired from the Sheriff’s Office. He got a $215,483 payout, a full pension and lifetime medical benefits. It pays to be a government terrorist...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://personalliberty.com/arrested-for-taking-pictures-tortured-for-being-a-teabagger/

...After taking a few pictures she crossed the street again and got into her car to drive away. As she did, Southampton Town Police Lt. Robert Iberger stopped her and demanded to know why she was taking photographs.

Iberger took her camera. Genovese got a hold of the camera and removed the memory card. Iberger confiscated it. Iberger then notified the Suffolk County Sherriff’s Office and airport authorities that he had a potential terrorist detained. Before long, officers from other local departments and agents from the FBI and Department of Homeland Security were on the scene...

...On May 1, Iberger retired from the Sheriff’s Office. He got a $215,483 payout, a full pension and lifetime medical benefits. It pays to be a government terrorist...

Typical....fuck-up, move-up. Just because he "retired" does not absolve or make him ineligible to be sued too.
Iberger may well have been a good career Cop; but that all goes out the window when you start deciding on who gets "the treatment" instead of using discretion, common sense, following the rules, and NOT being a dick just because someone else's opinion doesn't follow your ideals, or worse yet invoking Civil Rights....reading the story sets this off as another case of police brutality.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Typical....fuck-up, move-up. Just because he "retired" does not absolve or make him ineligible to be sued too.
Iberger may well have been a good career Cop; but that all goes out the window when you start deciding on who gets "the treatment" instead of using discretion, common sense, following the rules, and NOT being a dick just because someone else's opinion doesn't follow your ideals, or worse yet invoking Civil Rights....reading the story sets this off as another case of police brutality.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, he can still be sued, but the taxpayer will pick up all the expenses anyway.
I'm pretty sure that all these cops were also named in the lawsuit in both their official capacity & their personal capacity so they won't be sued again.
Funny how there's no DOL investigation into this...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top