Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2014 10:11:52 PM EDT
I heard ads on the radio and was wondering if anyone here has ever been.  The website looks good.  Any feedback?

Update:  I went today and the website does not match the stock.  They are part of a larger conglomerate with their on-line sales.  They had two rows of firearms that were crowded, not that that is a bad thing, one of new guns and one of used guns.  The used guns were mainly shotguns and nothing jumped out at me.  The new guns were Savage, Henry, A NY compliant Windham AR, and various ruger (including the 50th anniversary 10/22).  The accessories were lower end.  All in all I did walk out with a good vibe for what they are doing.  I failed to ask their FFL transfer rates.  All prices on guns are negotiable and they're signs stating such.

I then drove to Wood Creek outfitters in Brewerton.  I had no expectations walking in to the store.  It is a beautiful store.  However their stock resembles Wal-marts (same brands, little higher price)  they have some oddities (weird soap) but nothing else.  They carry fishing gear, cross bows, Run of the mill lower end packs, and a sparse selection of clothing.  I probably will not be going back.

I then went to the Wal-mart in Central Square to check out their gun section.  They have the best local price on a blued mini-14 with wood stock that I have seen at $724.00.  They must be selling because they had a large display with few guns which makes me happy.  

I also went to Gander MTN and Herb's, but I am sure we all have.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Snowblowers in the front!
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been, i would probably stop in if i happened to be by there.    Go stop in and check it out, whats the worst that could happen?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never been, i would probably stop in if i happened to be by there.    Go stop in and check it out, whats the worst that could happen?
View Quote

Buy a used snowblower that doesn't work with no warranty.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]
never heard of them....pawn shops and "resale" shops have crap like used snowblowers in the front because that's the sort of over-priced, abused shit they sell more of than bubbized guns.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
have bought several from Tim, as well as my last new mower.

Tim has also done several transfers for me as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good to hear.  Does their in-house stock compare to the website?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to be honest, I've never looked at their website.
I stopped in a week or so ago and he had added a LOT of new stuff.
new display cases going up while I was there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well that's good to hear: I've been into too many places billed as a "Gun Shop" only to find it full of well used carpentry tools for more than they cost at Harbor Freight.  
Does someone have a web site for them?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well that's good to hear: I've been into too many places billed as a "Gun Shop" only to find it full of well used carpentry tools for more than they cost at Harbor Freight.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.intimidatorsports.com/
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather gun shops sold other stuff than try and make the rent off me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
That place was a mower shop since the 70's. They just just in the last couple started advertising the gunshop. I was in there once and it seems to be a nice shop.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Just thought I'd share my experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top