Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2014 5:13:33 PM EDT
CNY Central

What is the reason for lack of identification by the State Police?

I graduated from here in 2006, chances are I at least knew this teacher. The teacher is suspended with pay due to the lovely tenure system.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Updated to add the name. I can't comment on the allegations, as I wasn't there, but this guy was a trusted teacher when I went there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CNY Central

What is the reason for lack of identification by the State Police?

I graduated from here in 2006, chances are I at least knew this teacher. The teacher is suspended with pay due to the lovely tenure system.
View Quote

Link no worky.  Wonder if I knew the teacher tho...

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/11/marcellus_teacher_charged_with_forcible_touching_of_student_state_police_say.html

Not whom I'd have guessed (I was betting on my old Spanish teacher cos he was creepy) but not my art teacher.  Bleh.

Double bleh cos I just realized I know some of his kids.  Fuck. I feel bad for his family. They shouldn't be having to deal with this.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't imagine the allegations are true. He never seemed the type to do this.

Rumors are swirling the student making the accusations wasn't happy with the grade he gave her.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone I have talked to refuses to believe it
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rumors are swirling the student making the accusations wasn't happy with the grade he gave her.
View Quote

O my.  

If that's true that's pretty fucked up.  Am hoping the truth comes out soon.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely. Have seen numerous female friends on Facebook state that they have spent time alone with him and never felt anything but safe
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Similar thing happened in my district here on Long Island about three years ago.  Accusations flew, teacher was suspended, etc.  Turned out the accuser and "witness" made up the story to get back at the teacher.  All charges were dropped but the teacher was ruined.  The kids basically got off as juveniles with no action against them.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Similar thing happened in my district here on Long Island about three years ago.  Accusations flew, teacher was suspended, etc.  Turned out the accuser and "witness" made up the story to get back at the teacher.  All charges were dropped but the teacher was ruined.  The kids basically got off as juveniles with no action against them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely unacceptable. Those kids need to be charged - with all of the focus on sexual assault to let false accusers walk free is ridiculous
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I had him in 2001-2002. I used to stay after school and play StarCraft on the iMacs with him and a few other kids. He was a standup guy and I cannot imagine this is true
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top