Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2014 8:00:52 PM EDT
Found this gem while surfing Youtube for the Buffalo snow.

I lol'ed several times at his rage.

Enjoy.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Found this gem while surfing Youtube for the Buffalo snow.

I lol'ed several times at his rage.

Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/CuTXUcoGdhw
View Quote

Wrangler (TJ) owners flame the shit out of me when I bitch about the one I used to have:  stuck that POS right in my own yard same as that ass-clown, well I didn't make an ass out of myself, just hooked the tractor to it, but the idea of it sticking in my yard was enough to sell that son-of-a-bitch the same week.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Four words: snow shovel - kitty litter

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
doesnt matter what type of 4 wheel drive it is if you dont know how to use it ;)
I live in Allegany county and wouldnt live without my Jeeps, I have had clients that lived off of dirt roads in the hills and used 4 wheelers and snowmobiles to get home in the winter, I could drive right down (or up) the 4 wheeler paths in my Grand Cherokee.
the 2005 and up JGC's are crap "SUV's", before that they had straight axels and drive trains like trucks, and the grand old 4.0 liter I6 tractor engine or 318 V8, pure junk prissie wagons now :(

My favorite was my 98 JGC limited with a 318 and quadratrac, could smoke all four wheels. My boy buried it to the axels in the swampy mud of our favorite woodchuck field, I rocked it out of the pit in under a minute, would have toasted a late model.
As the saying goes, "its a Jeep thing" :)
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
doesnt matter what type of 4 wheel drive it is if you dont know how to use it ;)
I live in Allegany county and wouldnt live without my Jeeps, I have had clients that lived off of dirt roads in the hills and used 4 wheelers and snowmobiles to get home in the winter, I could drive right down (or up) the 4 wheeler paths in my Grand Cherokee.
the 2005 and up JGC's are crap "SUV's", before that they had straight axels and drive trains like trucks, and the grand old 4.0 liter I6 tractor engine or 318 V8, pure junk prissie wagons now :(

My favorite was my 98 JGC limited with a 318 and quadratrac, could smoke all four wheels. My boy buried it to the axels in the swampy mud of our favorite woodchuck field, I rocked it out of the pit in under a minute, would have toasted a late model.
As the saying goes, "its a Jeep thing" :)
View Quote

I've had a dozen "Jeeps" starting with a '65 CJ right through the 2006 Wrangler; hands down the Cherokee's were the best! (the GC was nice, but I still preferred the XJ) The TJ was bought with 14,000 miles on it and something was as thought the cosmos was telling me to get rid of it: for example I could guarantee rain by removing the top.
I'm not saying it was a bad or poorly designed vehicle, simply it was cursed.
As for the "prissy wagons" well they've been doing that shit for three decades now: What I wouldn't give to be have vehicles like the 66~77 Bronco, I.H. Scouts, CJ-7's, hell even the original Suzuki Samurai was no-frills without all the air-dams, spoilers, plastic bumpers, and other shit to get torn off or permanently stained.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:42:48 AM EDT
[#5]
my three favorite 4 wheel drives were a '66 scout with full bosy cap to thw back and a bullet proof little 4 cylinder, one hell of a plow vehicle with and Western 6 way with T handle control. Then my one boss had  Dodge Powerwagon ordered originally by my BIL's father for the farm, it was a 1 1/4 ton with manual lock outs, 4 speed stick and a 440 magnum, what a beast!  All time favorite was a '47 Willies my other BIL had, couldnt go over 50 but could go anywhere. cold in tbw winter without heat and still was a 6 volt system but talk about nearly indestructible! I wooed my wife in that Jeep but in the summer ;)   Just missed out on a barn find early 70's CJ with a factory V8, would have been fun to restore and drive.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the same model of jeep as the asshat in the video.  The stock tires suck balls.  I changed them after one winter and haven't had a problem since.  That said, the best car I ever had for snow driving was a Suburban with regular AT tires.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for that laugh.  What a tool that guy must be.  Anyone with a hitch and a tow strap could have made an easy Benjamin off that guy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 All time favorite was a '47 Willies my other BIL had, couldnt go over 50 but could go anywhere. cold in tbw winter without heat and still was a 6 volt system but talk about nearly indestructible! I wooed my wife in that Jeep but in the summer ;)   Just missed out on a barn find early 70's CJ with a factory V8, would have been fun to restore and drive.
View Quote

Nice thing about the old Willys was that they were so llight even if they got stuck you could get them out just by manhandling them- that is why they had the grab handles on them. Not many would find them an acceptable means of transportation today though, lol.  My grandfather had a '46 or '47 on his farm, when it got stuck he'd just pull it out with his team of horses.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:08:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Am I weird for thinking that I would have walked over and tried to help the poor bastard?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Am I weird for thinking that I would have walked over and tried to help the poor bastard?

View Quote

I don't know.  Am I a prick for thinking I would have done the exact same thing as the guy who made the video?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:27:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't know.  Am I a prick for thinking I would have done the exact same thing as the guy who made the video?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said it, I didn't.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#12]
He has got to be the dumbest guy I've ever seen.... back the fuck up 10 feet onto the pavement and drive out.... he never once puts the thing in reverse. ...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Sometimes when someone is going ballistic like that it's better just to keep your distance.  Unless you know them personally you don't know how nuts they are. Just my 2 cents.

+1 to the suburban being a great winter vehicle.  I drove suburbans for  14 years before downsizing to a Wrangler.   They have power, weight for traction and a nice long wheelbase that gives you a lot of time to correct a spin.  I can say I only lost it once up by fp1201's house once.   I had a snowmobile trailer in tow when things got loosey goosey on a modest hill and ended up leaving the road into a cutover cornfiield or else have the trailer violently jackknife into the ass end of the truck.  When you get one stuck though, it's pretty stuck.  Even though I was in about 16" of fluffy snow with a trailer and 40 feet into a farm field putting it in low 4wd, 1st gear and I walked right out.  I had new BFG's on though.    I  presumed I needed a tow before I tried self extraction, I did go to low range, 1st gear right from the get go though.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He has got to be the dumbest guy I've ever seen.... back the fuck up 10 feet onto the pavement and drive out.... he never once puts the thing in reverse. ...
View Quote

Actually he did use reverse, he was just too stupid to use it enough and back out of his mess.  Dummy would just back it enough to try to go forward again through the frozen snowplow tailings when his path rearward was quite clear.  Obviously he lacked flexibility and problem solving ability.

You and I would have probably spun once and backed out of it. That is if we were dumb enough to drive forward into the mess to begin with.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I just discovered that this was in Yonkers, by the way.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just discovered that this was in Yonkers, by the way.

View Quote

Ah... it is all so clear now. Us simple "upstate" folk know better than to smash our heads repeatedly against a wall and expect it to make the pain go away
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Unless you have tires with good grip 4WD is just a nice accessory
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Growing up in the South, someone "stuck" like that was to be helped out, if for no other reason that he might help you out at another time.

The tires most manufacturers install from the factory are usually on the lower end. The TJ came with "Wrangler" radials: and sucking balls would have been an improvement over their performance. The other bitch I had was fuel economy: all the Cherokees averaged 20~22mpg and the best I could get out of the same drivelined Wrangler was 18mpg babying it and keeping the speed around 60.   (the Jeep Forum people wanted to know how I got that kind of mileage out of one)  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wondered the same thing, It appeared to me like there was a three-stranded-cable guard railing, but I'm not positive.
clearly he wasn't rational or knew wtf he was doing....everytime he was almost out, he'd cut power before being on solid pavement.
Operator head-space & timing.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I wondered the same thing, It appeared to me like there was a three-stranded-cable guard railing, but I'm not positive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definately not.  Just a regular city street.  This guy was just plain lacking in knowledge of any physics.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#21]
This is why road tests should only been given in the middle of the winter after a snow storm - some people just don't belong behind the wheel...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#22]
(to the youtuber)
Not for nothing, but instead of filming the guy, why not offer a shovel or help?
What would be better example for a kid,
a.) continue filming or
b.) offer help?

I just don't get it.
In this day and age, people would rather get credit for getting footage of strangers in their bad times, rather than help out.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
(to the youtuber)
Not for nothing, but instead of filming the guy, why not offer a shovel or help?
a.) continue filming or
b.) offer help?

I just don't get it.
In this day and age, people would rather get credit for getting footage of strangers in their bad times, rather than help out.
View Quote

Glad I'm not the only weirdo here who thought like this
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Didn't watch the whole thing.  4 minutes is my YouTube max.

But did he try throwing it in reverse at any time?  Looked like he should have been able to crank the wheel to the right, gunned it in reverse, and gotten the front wheels to whip out onto the pavement, and then gotten enough traction to go forward.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Didn't watch the whole thing.  4 minutes is my YouTube max.

But did he try throwing it in reverse at any time?  Looked like he should have been able to crank the wheel to the right, gunned it in reverse, and gotten the front wheels to whip out onto the pavement, and then gotten enough traction to go forward.

View Quote

I like the short & sweet ones better too.

Can't really call it "Road Rage" as he's really just on the side of it, in reality that's what it is: he so pissed off that he can't rationalize his way out of it, so brute force is liberally applied....eventually it does get him out, but at what cost.  
As pissed as he was, it would take a special person to want to go out and help.....a good "Stop!, take a breath, let me see if I can help you get out of this mess."  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
(to the youtuber)
a.) continue filming or
b.) offer help?

I just don't get it.
View Quote

In his description the youtuber explains that someone else had offered to help and he cursed them out.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In his description the youtuber explains that someone else had offered to help and he cursed them out.

View Quote

I understand.
Some ppl get irrational when they're upset.
Still, I myself wont waste my time taking a video, when I know that guy is just having a bad moment.
If I offer help and he declined, then at least I did what I think is right.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Dude kept turning back into the ditch on the reverse. He could have simply cut the wheel right on the reverse, planted his front tires on solid asphalt, put it in drive and pulled out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#29]
These are the same assholes who pass you on the highway in the rain and snow at 70+ mph because they "have 4 wheel drive".
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
These are the same assholes who pass you on the highway in the rain and snow at 70+ mph because they "have 4 wheel drive".
View Quote

I get much satisfaction when I see them in a ditch a mile up the road
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top