Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It should be illegal for money to come from out of state for statewide and local races.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It should be illegal for money to come from out of state for statewide and local races.

View Quote

I agree. The unions are bought and paid-for, so the main body organization is obligated to show support by making token donations. HOWEVER, being a union member myself, and working in the field, I can say that from the men I have talked to, labor-affiliated or not, they are PISSED about the UNSAFE ACT. Funny how these politicians forget. I seem to remember Al Gore losing because of his strong anti-gun stance. The union newsletters even lied about it. BIG MISTAKE trying to take the working man's guns. Cuomo wouldn't be half as worried as he is now if he hadn't pushed through his unconstitutional law.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Then the NRA among other conservative groups shouldn't be able to contribute either
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then the NRA among other conservative groups shouldn't be able to contribute either
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Public campaign financing, up to let's say 500k. That way it's more of s game of chess than who's got more money in the war chest.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the NRA wasn't going to waste its money on Nueva Yawk ?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#6]
1st amendment issue
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In New York, they basically don't anyhow.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#8]
How about a GD moneybomb to even the odds?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anytime I suggested donating to NYS causes, GD basically said the same thing as the NRA, "That NY is a lost cause" and to "Just Move"
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anytime I suggested donating to NYS causes, GD basically said the same thing as the NRA, "That NY is a lost cause" and to "Just Move"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  I think if we get GD to vote in our online polls that is about the most we can expect.  

And really, if I put myself in their shoes, I'd probably look at it like a lost cause and flushing money down the drain, so can't really blame those living in free states.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're not talking about NY exclusively. Going by what others have said no one out of state should be able to contribute $ to another state's candidate. I sent $ to Scott Brown (MA) when he ran for Senator Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy's seat. I have sent $ to other out of state campaigns
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Even with that cash, the Rs still have a lot more money than the Ds.  It's highly likely that we take the Senate outright.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Even with that cash, the Rs still have a lot more money than the Ds.  It's highly likely that we take the Senate outright.

NYS senate? You are out of your mind.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Senate districts are heavily gerrymandered to favor Republicans.  Recent Dem gains were mostly due to coat-tails effect from Obama's reelection and the referendum on Obammycare.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Haven't been paying much attention, have you?

http://www.wskg.org/wskg_news/polls-show-gop-could-regain-control-nys-senate

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't been paying much attention, have you?

http://www.wskg.org/wskg_news/polls-show-gop-could-regain-control-nys-senate

The only reason the NYS senate wasn't totally leftist the last few years was due to the big hoopla in the senate which left NYS republicans with a power sharing agreement with a splinter faction of dems. Otherwise it was D led. Now we're magically going to change that. Sounds a lot like the GD "Romney in a Landslide" nonsense.

Not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#18]
few years back we had several celebrity's, VIPs, and a former Senator come to the North Country to campaign for a congressional seat....
In this Congressional race, we're seeing all sorts of outside influence trying to sway the voters.  "R" and "D" are the same behind closed doors, and I for one am absolutely sick of holding my nose while casting my vote.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top