Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 3:16:05 PM EDT
on walnut st in elmira.  probably a threat of some sort.  no real details yet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Still no updates.  Just a couple pictures of black vehicles in front of the house.  They must have found the only person who didn't vote for zero in the town.

http://www.mytwintiers.com/story/d/story/secret-service-executing-search-warrant-at-elmira/42717/OZWAxB1TP0-C1GmwCiLKlw
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.  My buddy lives on Walnut St.  I'll ask him what's going on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
News says it was a threat against the president. Video showed the police removing rifles. City condemned the property for unsanitary conditions. Neighbor where forced to leave their homes during the raid.  Not sure if the show of force was really necessary.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
News says it was a threat against the president. Video showed the police removing rifles. City condemned the property for unsanitary conditions. Neighbor where forced to leave their homes during the raid.  Not sure if the show of force was really necessary.
View Quote

The president of what?

/snake plissken
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like they're being pretty hush-hush about everything.  I had only read that they were investigating a "threat", I assumed the president but I hadn't specifically read that.  Not sure why they'd travel this far about a supposed threat, let alone from some random guy in the 'hood.  Bet this guy gets the safe act shaft.  I assume if they read far enough into it that there's plenty of things that could be considered threats on the interwebs, I wonder who's in charge of determining which ones are credible.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
They say the guy had nine knives in his pockets when they searched his person.  I would think that if he wanted to not look crazy to the authorities that he could limit the knives he was carrying to one or two.  Then again there's probably at least 9 crack houses within a one mile radius of his home, so maybe he was carrying just the right amount of knives.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
There a about 150 crack and heroin dealers within a mile of Walnut St. Trust me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
They probably hauled away the only guy on the block not selling or smoking crack.  I'm really curious to hear more about this.  The reporters were told to talk to the secret service who told them to talk to the NYS attorney general.  If this is a federal thing I don't see why the NYS AG would be in charge of handing out the info.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
And in other hellmira news, 3 people shot, 2 stabbed and nobody seen nuffin. God I don't miss that town.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:58:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Had more than 10 bbs in his air rifle.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top