Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
There is some scary fuckin bullshit in there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Assuming those 10's of thousands of individuals aren't felons, they damn well better get out and vote next month!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
but its ok to release those numbers but not aw amounts registered.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but its ok to release those numbers but not aw amounts registered.
View Quote

Just what I was thinking...

Also, the article wasn't able to get past the first sentence without printing a falsehood:

A newly created database of New Yorkers deemed too mentally unstable to carry firearms has grown to roughly 34,500 names,

Not just carry, simply own.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#5]
So he began simply checking off the online boxes, sometimes without even reviewing the narrative about a patient.
“Every so often I read one just to be sure,” Dr. Glatt, a psychologist, said. “I am not going to second guess. I don’t see the patient. I don’t know the patient.”
View Quote

Sounds pretty arbitrary to me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Taking the easy way out.

"shall not infringe" means "find another way"
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
So much for due process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top