BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New York Times talks about the reviews... My inside source says the Astorino campaign is loving every bit of this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/16/nyregion/for-governor-cuomo-a-low-key-book-signing.html?_r=1

View Quote

What does your source say about the campaign in general?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New York Times talks about the reviews... My inside source says the Astorino campaign is loving every bit of this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/16/nyregion/for-governor-cuomo-a-low-key-book-signing.html?_r=1

My source says FUAC. We run this shit now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the only two genuine five-star raters complained of a "firemission" called out of this AO...  
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
One of the only two genuine five-star raters complained of a "firemission" called out of this AO...  
View Quote

Motherfucker! The usernsme that posted it - Arock
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
This made my entire day.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They say most of the left don't like him and even hate him also. Younger dems don't care for him also. Only age 50 on up on the left support him.
Just look at the line for his book signing and think how the voting line is going to look for him. Astorino people can't wait to hit the voting booths.
He is spending money like crazy and he lost almost %50 of the vote in the primary to someone who had NO MONEY!

All things point to a big upset in NY. But don't rest easy our work is not done.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF?  My review got removed!!!  Anyone else have this happen?  Can't figure it out.  It was up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck you, Arock.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ranked #3,568th #5173rd on Amazon's book list!

View Quote

And dropping like a rock!  

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Ranked 6,741.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#11]
DUPE
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I just looked it up and read the reviews. He has to be sitting there just steaming with anger. LOVE IT!  FUAC nice book,,,dink.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck you, Arock.
View Quote

The guy who posted the review under Arock used his regular Amazon profile and the guys in the GD thread discovered his name and FB page.

ETA: He must have read the thread because he's scrubbing his profiles on social media and Amazon.
Too late buddy, already grabbed your name and photo.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Book "deals" serve multiple purposes: It's an avenue to gain favor through "legitimate" payments, add space to a resume, patronization through self aggrandizement, "Leaders" often have their thoughts published for the believers to use in furthering cause celeb, and the list goes on.  

I suspect this tripe will be even less popular than Hillary Clintons memoirs.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Get rid of the hotlink OP
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#16]
A rather inauspicious beginning for a book that was supposed to kick start not just his state but his national campaign...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#17]
lol

Amazon lowered the price 84 cents since yesterday

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#18]
They'll be pulping a lot of the unsold stock, just like what happened with his daddy's books.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:02:46 PM EDT
[#19]
In today's Buffalo Snooze- " Cuomo aide urges certain backers to buy 'a few' copies of his books.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I heard there was an email from his campaign pimping donors to buy the book.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]
http://observer.com/2014/10/amazon-reviewers-despise-andrew-cuomos-memoir/

The story is gaining legs
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

“The book doesn’t go into detail about why the Governor refuses to investigate Speaker Sheldon Silver’s use of public money to pay off a sexual harassment claim. Frankly, the book doesn’t go into any of the scandals currently smoldering in New York State, it merely is a historical hand job, ghost written and with possibly the worst cover photo in recent memory,” he added.

Read more at http://observer.com/2014/10/amazon-reviewers-despise-andrew-cuomos-memoir/#ixzz3GQtwLsf5
Follow us: @newyorkobserver on Twitter | newyorkobserver on Facebook

Do you think the editor proof read that and approved it? Haha
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]
NY HTF delivers! FUAC!
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The guy who posted the review under Arock used his regular Amazon profile and the guys in the GD thread discovered his name and FB page.

ETA: He must have read the thread because he's scrubbing his profiles on social media and Amazon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck you, Arock.

F that guy. He trolled poorly if he read enough to know who Arock was but didn't anticipated the standard arfcom counter attack.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck yeah!  They listed my review, "
       If you liked Mein Kampf, you'll love this."

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Ranked 7,238.

He has to be losing his mind. We better hope he loses, or we might have stirred the bees nest a bit.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Personally I needed this little bit of hope before the vote. I know we are all anxious and getting those last minute what ifs. Fuck that. Remember how mad we all were? 2 years ago all we could think of was the day we got to cast a ballot against anyone who voted for SAFE. That day is coming. This is the reckoning for those who don't respect the constitution. They won't even be able to sell a book in peace.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Personally I needed this little bit of hope before the vote. I know we are all anxious and getting those last minute what ifs. Fuck that. Remember how mad we all were? 2 years ago all we could think of was the day we got to cast a ballot against anyone who voted for SAFE. That day is coming. This is the reckoning for those who don't respect the constitution. They won't even be able to sell a book in peace.
View Quote

I feel exactly the same. These book "reviews" had certainly boosted morale. I had a great time for three days, reading and participating. These fuckers like Cuomo will never have a moment of peace - we will always remind them of how much we hate to them. FUAC!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ranked 7,238.

He has to be losing his mind. We better hope he loses, or we might have stirred the bees nest a bit.

View Quote

HAH!
I wonder if his campaign will give one away with every contribution.....might be the only way any of them move.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen.

I will never forget.  I will never forgive.  Whether he wins or loses, whether I stay in NY or flee to freedom, I will ALWAYS be on the lookout for little ways to harass this fucking scumbag and all his ilk.

FUAC
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fuck yeah!  They listed my review, "        If you liked Mein Kampf, you'll love this."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck yeah!  They listed my review, "        If you liked Mein Kampf, you'll love this."

I love that title.

NY HTF showing tons of street cred.  My review was quoted too.

What, no foreword by U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Amen.

I will never forget.  I will never forgive.  Whether he wins or loses, whether I stay in NY or flee to freedom, I will ALWAYS be on the lookout for little ways to harass this fucking scumbag and all his ilk.

FUAC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

FUAC

That should be everyone's mantra.  Andrew "the Oppressor" Cuomo needs to go down in history as an infamous bungling tyrant, bent on destroying the Rights of Free Men.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ranked 7,238.

View Quote

There is no doubt in my mind that even before this we have pissed him off to the point where if reelected he will pass more gun laws just to spite us.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Done!

2 5 star reviews that are anti Cuomo and 33 1 star reviews so far
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Done!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Done!

I enjoyed this book.  Then again, I like jock itch.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That should be everyone's mantra.  Andrew "the Oppressor" Cuomo needs to go down in history as an infamous bungling tyrant, bent on destroying the Rights of Free Men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

FUAC

Let's not forget all the turncoats in the state assembly and senate who were complicit in passing unSAFE.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Looks like a good place to slip a urinal target into each book.

Hmm... gonna take the kids to the mall tonight!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Don't waste the targets, no one will ever see them if you put them in the books. But you could drop them into urinals in B&N...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or this...

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#43]
When I dropped my son off for drill this am I came back thruway and took the Kingston exit figured I would stop at gander mountain well right after to tool booth was a don't vote cuomo hand made on the right side just before the circle. I rolled it made my day.

FUAC
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#44]

You know, I think we could use a new Hitler video that shows Andyboy after reading the Amazon reviews.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You know, I think we could use a new Hitler video that shows Andyboy after reading the Amazon reviews.  
View Quote

And another on November 5th after he loses to Rob!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
When I dropped my son off for drill this am I came back thruway and took the Kingston exit figured I would stop at gander mountain well right after to tool booth was a don't vote cuomo hand made on the right side just before the circle. I rolled it made my day.

FUAC
View Quote

There were a number of cheers / thumbs up as that sign was going up.

Just in time for the Woodstock film festival too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Cuomo blames busy day job for memoir's failure to fly off shelves

t's not that Gov. Cuomo's book sales stink, he told reporters Monday -- it's just that his day job keeps him kind of busy when it comes to promoting it.

Cuomo's first memoir signing drew fewer than 150 people to the Barnes & Noble in Union Square last Wednesday.

His Amazon ratings aren't exactly a blazing constellation of five-star endorsements either.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Ranked #18,014th and still circling the bowl!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

t's not that Gov. Cuomo's book sales stink, he told reporters Monday -- it's just that his day job keeps him kind of busy when it comes to promoting it.

Cuomo's first memoir signing drew fewer than 150 people to the Barnes & Noble in Union Square last Wednesday.

His Amazon ratings aren't exactly a blazing constellation of five-star endorsements either.

So having the troopers in your security detail drag off critics at your book signing (singular) and refusing to answer more than 3 pre-screened media questions had NOTHING to do with the disastrous roll-out, huh?  Fucker writes a book full of self-promoting lies and expects that the law-abiding citizens subjected to his unconstitutional un-SAFE Act will give him a free pass?  HELLS NO!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I LOVE how they link to the Amazon page with all the reviews!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top