Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2014 2:48:42 PM EDT
Just talked to a friend of mine about the elections. Turns out neither him, the wife nor the two children are registered to vote. They have never voted before. He printed out 4 forms and called me to let me know he's registering the whole family and will vote for Astorino. If anything, as a personal favor to me.

Just after that, someone else I work with called. I asked him whether he would vote for Astorino. He said he was not planning on it, because "Astorino has a snowball's chance in hell". Again, I asked him and his wife to vote as it would mean a lot to me. He promised I will have two votes for Astorino on November 4th.

Also gave out a couple of registration forms to other people. Both said they would register and vote, but those guys will need a follow-up. I might just get them...

I believe I'm up to 15 people registered for sure and about 30 promises to vote for Astorino total. That's not including myself and the wife. All from folks that would not vote otherwise.

FUAC!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Every little bit helps.  Get them some lawn signs too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every little bit helps.  Get them some lawn signs too.
View Quote

If everyone gets 30 people that would not have voted otherwise to vote for Astorino, our victory will be guaranteed. Get on it, gentlemen! The last day to register is October 10th.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#3]
And that is how it is done
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Rob has a real chance of winning if gun owners get off there ass and vote along with the republicans
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rob has a real chance of winning if gun owners get off there ass and vote along with the republicans and anti-common core folks all the other groups of people that Andy has pissed off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Whenever someone says there's no chance of beating FUAC, just remind them he LOST 34% of the votes in a primary to someone largely unheard of until a month ago, he only won the primary by 150,000 votes. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/blogs/vote-up/2014/09/10/cuomo-lost-and-won-on-the-same-night-astorino-says/15386051/
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I keep telling the assholes at work to get registered and vote. Idiots say all politicians are the same. There's no helping some people. Don't cry when your deer rifle becomes an assault weapon
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I signed up one new person too vote and it looks like 2 others Wil soon follow. We can do this! FUAC!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Whenever someone says there's no chance of beating FUAC, just remind them he LOST 34% of the votes in a primary to someone largely unheard of until a month ago, he only won the primary by 150,000 votes. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/blogs/vote-up/2014/09/10/cuomo-lost-and-won-on-the-same-night-astorino-says/15386051/
View Quote

Plus his 2010 win was nothing to brag about. A weak showing of less than 3 million votes in a state with 11 million voters. And that was before he became a controversial incumbent with a terrible record.
http://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/elections/2010/general/2010GovernorRecertified09122012.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top