Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2014 4:17:08 PM EDT
If anybody cares, This may be the last show at the Dome Arena.  From now on it is supposed to be held at the Hemlock Fair Grounds in a new building that is now under construction.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Really? its moving to Hemlock?...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Why don't gun shows ever start on Friday (or, more generally, why are they never open on week days)?  Weekends are tough to get over, but I have the flexibility during the week to go.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
ESAC  (Rochester) does start on Friday, if you are a member.  Membership is $10 per year, gets you in all days, including Friday setup.  It's a little secret now you all know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ESAC  (Rochester) does start on Friday, if you are a member.  Membership is $10 per year, gets you in all days, including Friday setup.  It's a little secret now you all know.
View Quote

Enrollment form requires two ESAC sponsors.  Two people willing to sponsor me?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I would....unless you are a neckbeard
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone else read the ESAC show rules:

1. No loaded guns or clips, except for police and show security
View Quote

So, can law abiding citizens have loaded magazines?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

1. No loaded guns or clips, except for police and show security

Concealed is concealed.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#8]
In line out front right now. Half hour till doors open.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In line out front right now. Half hour till doors open.
View Quote

Let me know if you see any good deals on Mosins or Swiss K31s
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Went this morning.  Moderate crowd.  In the Dome you could get an SKS for $550 and up.  A Russian SKS was being offered for only $850.  In Minnet Hall there were some SKS's for $350.  Prices as expected.  The one firearm that really did tempt me was a used single shot falling block in 45 120.  The price was not all that bad either.  Beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I was tempted by a 1903 for $600, but considering what they normally go for I didn't want to ask what was wrong with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Crowd was slow, and sparse....
Sold a few guns, had a couple real fuck-ups: I ran a guy CC for $642.xx instead of $242.
Was so flustered when I tried to void it while at the same time a guy was coming to look at a Ruger SBH and I thought he was someone else, then that turned bad when he low-balled me after we'd spent two weeks back &  forth with e-mails, I finally said "that's my price." and he walked.....had it been a different time, I might have worked it a bit better, but he tried to knock it down because the cheap-ass OEM grips had been replaced with Pachmeyers (which is damn near standard.
Toured the Show just before closing; saw a few things that might follow me home Sunday if the price is right.
IT IS a buyers market: capitalize on it while you can.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Crowd was slow, and sparse....
Sold a few guns, had a couple real fuck-ups: I ran a guy CC for $642.xx instead of $242.
Was so flustered when I tried to void it while at the same time a guy was coming to look at a Ruger SBH and I thought he was someone else, then that turned bad when he low-balled me after we'd spent two weeks back &  forth with e-mails, I finally said "that's my price." and he walked.....had it been a different time, I might have worked it a bit better, but he tried to knock it down because the cheap-ass OEM grips had been replaced with Pachmeyers (which is damn near standard.
Toured the Show just before closing; saw a few things that might follow me home Sunday if the price is right.
IT IS a buyers market: capitalize on it while you can.  
View Quote

FP, where you at, I'll look you up tomorrow...

The show sucked really, very sparse crowd, not a whole lot to buy, not much being spent...still picked up a few gems...no guns though. Worse crowd on a Saturday I ever saw at Rochester....
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I have never seen the Rochester show so empty.

I saw some good deals on Mossberg MVP's
I also saw a $400 M44 Nagant.    WTF is that about?
Some insanely priced 22 and some steep 22

I was amazed to see Saiga rifles for $525 to $600 which were still not moving.  All things considered, that seems like a bargain if you need one.  
$500 SKS
the long Nagants are still reasonably priced around $180 but many are really looking rough.  Not like a few years ago when an $80 Nagant was a real looker.

There was a lot of broken glass in the parking lot.  I hope no one got their vehicle broken into.  

I was disappointed to not even get a look at an Ares SCR.  
Do they really exist?

Turned into another meh show for me which is still a good day.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I hadn't planned on buying anything, took $100 and a cc j.i.c. there was something I couldn't pass up. My girlfriend did end up buying a decorative Scottish dirk, but that's it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
FP, where you at, I'll look you up tomorrow...

The show sucked really, very sparse crowd, not a whole lot to buy, not much being spent...still picked up a few gems...no guns though. Worse crowd on a Saturday I ever saw at Rochester....
View Quote

When you come into the Dome through the concession are/main entrance go all the way across to the Blue Bleachers, turn right and we're the last three tables (double sided) bright turquoise table cloths. at 6'6" somehow you'll know it's me.  
I did see the guys in the annex with outragious ammo prices, I doubt they're moving much if any at all.
As far as I can tell all the "get it while you can" is long done, people just got their tax bill, not to mention sending kids back to school....Fall show has always been a slow one, and this ones by far no exception.
There was this guy trolling a Yugo SKS for $400. He must have made a dozen trips around the place telling all who'd ask that "his was the cheapest in the place" but there were no takers....For $300. I'd have bought it. Remember the days when Century would send you a case of them for under $100. each!?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have never seen the Rochester show so empty.

I saw some good deals on Mossberg MVP's
I also saw a $400 M44 Nagant.    WTF is that about?
Some insanely priced 22 and some steep 22

I was amazed to see Saiga rifles for $525 to $600 which were still not moving.  All things considered, that seems like a bargain if you need one.  
$500 SKS
the long Nagants are still reasonably priced around $180 but many are really looking rough.  Not like a few years ago when an $80 Nagant was a real looker.

There was a lot of broken glass in the parking lot.  I hope no one got their vehicle broken into.  

I was disappointed to not even get a look at an Ares SCR.  
Do they really exist?

Turned into another meh show for me which is still a good day.  
View Quote

Herb Phillipsons still has Saiga's for $575. and that's about what they were at the Show, but there's always the option of price negotiation there.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Herb Phillipsons still has Saiga's for $575. and that's about what they were at the Show, but there's always the option of price negotiation there.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$500 SKS

They should be flying off the self at that price.

I was tempted by the 556 but I really don't need/want it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
They're $600 at herbs now.  7.62 and 5.56 calibers.  But, herbs doesn't charge an extra fee for CC, like most vendors at the show do.  

2 of them is enough for me, the 2nd one was cleaned, oiled, and put away.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top